Author Topic: Who is Travis Outlaw? Portland is no joke!  (Read 4264 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who is Travis Outlaw? Portland is no joke!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 04:40:20 PM »
Talk about a bunch of obnoxious twits. 

Hey, watch it, some of us resemble that remark ;)

I was just going to post "ANOTHER dig on us poor Laker fans!"

It's a double whammy for me because I'm a Duck too!

I am a big Duck fan myself, but I tell you I get embarrassed to admit that some times.  Duck football fans can be some of the absolute worst fans around.  I am a Beaver fan as well, and Beavers fans have an entirely different approach.  I actually thought it was good to see Love smoke the Ducks, maybe it will shut a few of the bad one up.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »
OMG.  Bo Outlaw actually played in the league this year.  The things you learn.

I'm not sure I see the Outlaw/Iguodala comparison, considering the disparity in Iguodala's passing and rebounding, and Outlaw's shooting.

Love won't be a top 7 pick.  His lateral mobility and athleticism are too big of question marks at this point, and there are quite a few good big man prospects (beasley, jordan, lopez, griffin).

I wouldn't put Travis anywhere near Iguodala.  Travis is a better shooter, and he is just killer with a couple of dribbles to get the defender off balance and go straight up.  His passing skills, and defense though are not up to Iggy.  His rebounding and shot blocking is getting better, but physically he is nowhere near as strong.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 05:20:59 PM »

I am a big Duck fan myself, but I tell you I get embarrassed to admit that some times.  Duck football fans can be some of the absolute worst fans around.  I am a Beaver fan as well, and Beavers fans have an entirely different approach.  I actually thought it was good to see Love smoke the Ducks, maybe it will shut a few of the bad one up.

A Duck and a Beaver fan?!?!!  Blasphemy!   :D

I guess my Aunt and Uncle are in the same boat as one of my cousins and I went to UO and two of my other cousins went to OSU. 

Duck fans can be crazy and have been known to cross the line, especially at MacCourt, where taunts are obviously much more audible.  Props to Love for stepping up, that's the sign of a tough player.  When I was there we were hard on Kidd, Staudamire, Abdur-Rahim, basically the opposition?s best players.  And all of those guys stepped up and shut us up.  To me, that's part of fun of college sports.  Can it get taken a little too far?  Yes and I'm not defending that.  I do think it's a bit of a fine line though.  I don't want to see political correctness run amuck to the point where college kids can't get drunk and go a little crazy for their home team.  If that happens, then the terrorists have won.   ;)

I guess you have to take the good with the bad, but I would say Ducks fans for the most part are more good than bad.  Of course I went there 92-96, so we were terrible my first two years, then went to the Rose Bowl in 95 and the program really started to take off from there.  We didn't take ourselves too seriously and my group of cronies from school still doesn't.  Unlike some of the SC/UCLA fans down here ... Lets just say I'll take Oregon fans any day of the week over them. 

To get back on topic, Ziggy, it's a great time to be a Blazers fan.  I'm real happy for you guys.  I was bummed to miss seeing Roy play in person last night.  I'm certain you guys would have kicked our butts had he been available.  Any word on his status for Friday's rematch at the Rose Garden?

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 05:47:48 PM »
I am not sure about kicking your butts.  I was happy with how they played, they have struggled lately and they went toe to toe with a top 3 team, without their best player.  At the same time they still have a ways to go.  All indications are that Roy and James Jones will be available to play Friday.

So you think the Ducks will reel in Terrelle Pryor?  That would be a huge coup if the could pull it off.

AA Mil

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 06:28:09 PM »
^^Terrelle would be HUGE.  Honestly, I've quit following it since he delayed signing on signing day saying he still wanted to visit Oregon.  First he wasn't interested in Oregon, then he was very interested, then he cancelled his visit, it looked like he had crossed us off his list, then he postpones singing on signing day.  I feel like he's the hottest chick in school and he's just teasing us!

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
So you think the Ducks will reel in Terrelle Pryor?  That would be a huge coup if the could pull it off.

Nah ... I believe it's between Ohio State (the favorite, it seems) and Penn State.  Wouldn't rule out Michigan, though.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »
I wouldn't put Travis anywhere near Iguodala.  Travis is a better shooter, and he is just killer with a couple of dribbles to get the defender off balance and go straight up.  His passing skills, and defense though are not up to Iggy.  His rebounding and shot blocking is getting better, but physically he is nowhere near as strong.

Travis looked a lot like Iggs last night.  Tall, long and athletic as hell, scoring nearly at will and D'ing up Kobe solid.  This is the ONLY game I've seen Travis but looking at his numbers it seems he had a career night last night.  As well as he was shooting I don't think I noticed if he passed once and it's tough to rebound when you have to guard Kobe 40 feet from the basket in the hope he doesn't rain a 3 on you.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 10:16:29 PM »
This is the ONLY game I've seen Travis but looking at his numbers it seems he had a career night last night. 

He was
24 pts 5 rbs 4 ast against Boston
26-5-1 against Seattle
19-3-2 against Seattle
23-5-0 against Sacto
last 4 games, and his game against the Lakers was probably his worst shooting night of the 5.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 11:57:35 PM »
Now ziggy, that must have been a career night vs Kobe.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »
This is the ONLY game I've seen Travis but looking at his numbers it seems he had a career night last night. 

He was
26-5-1 against Seattle
19-3-2 against Seattle
23-5-0 against Sacto
last 4 games, and his game against the Lakers was probably his worst shooting night of the 5.

Is he strickly a jumpshooter?  Looking at his numbers this year he's had some really good games but he bounces around all over the place, makes me think he lives and dies by the jumpshot.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 01:51:00 AM »
Now ziggy, that must have been a career night vs Kobe.

Awesome post!  Keep up the good work!  Again, AWESOME!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 09:39:14 AM »

He was
26-5-1 against Seattle
19-3-2 against Seattle
23-5-0 against Sacto

Is he strickly a jumpshooter?  Looking at his numbers this year he's had some really good games but he bounces around all over the place, makes me think he lives and dies by the jumpshot.

Yup.  He does get to the basket for some good jams now and then, but his game is jump shooting.  Last night he struggled against the Clips.  I think the fact that his minutes have changed since Roy has been out is affecting him right now.  Stamina has always been an issue for him, because of his asthma.  If you change his minutes or his rotation up alot I think takes him a while to get used to it.  He has really shot the ball well all year, made lots of buzzer beating shots, 4-5 game winners.  I think I heard this correctly, but the Blazer announcers said he leads the league in points off the bench, or 4th qtr points off the bench.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
Couple of days late, but thought I would comment on Blazers win on Friday over the Lakers.  Having Brandon Roy back made a huge difference.  His ability to get to the rim, and set up kick outs was once again impressive.  20 points, 5 rebounds, and 12 assists.  Very nice game, good job of controlling flow and pace. of game.

James Jones only played 18 minutes, but he hot 2 huge 3's, and really spread the floor well.  It is nice to have him back.

Travis Outlaw played another excellent game.  Shot the ball really well, and really played Kobe hard on D, forcing him into some tougher shots.

LaMarcus also played a really nice game.  Shot the ball well, ran the floor well.  22 pts, 8 rebounds (5 offensive), 2 assists, 3 steals, and no TO's.

Biggest difference between this game an Monday in LA was shooting. 
In LA Farmar, Sasha, and Fisher shot 12-25 overall and 8-14 on 3's
our shooters (Martell, Blake, Jack, Jones) were abysmal 10-33 overall, and 2-14 on 3's.

On Friday it was just the opposite.
Sasha, Farmar, and Fisher were 9-28 (32%), and 2-17 on 3's
our shooters were 18-31 (58%) and 8-14 on 3's

AA Mil

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 03:23:22 PM »
Great win for the Blazers, Ziggy.  Congrats.  Your guys shot lights out from 3-pt land, Blake killed us!  For whatever reason, the Lakers always have a tough time winning at the Garden.  Now, of course, it makes more sense with the talent level vastly improved.  But even when the Blazers were at a low point, they still beat us up there. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 05:17:21 PM »
Great win for the Blazers, Ziggy.  Congrats.  Your guys shot lights out from 3-pt land, Blake killed us!  For whatever reason, the Lakers always have a tough time winning at the Garden.  Now, of course, it makes more sense with the talent level vastly improved.  But even when the Blazers were at a low point, they still beat us up there. 

They did a number on the Lakers from the elbow and just inside the arc.  Just downright nuts.  It wasn't like no one was trying to contest shots.  Odom tried and it made 0 difference.

Doesn't it feel like 2001 again?  The Blazers have a good team, they beat the Lakers when they were #1 in the WC, both look to be competing for a title in the next few years. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com