Author Topic: Bibby Traded to Atlanta  (Read 10022 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bibby Traded to Atlanta
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 09:12:33 PM »

Often older people get left in the dust or just turn into it....this is one of those times.

And spinning just makes dust without settling it...definitely one of those times.

If you are referring to a twister...those only come up in redneck areas so I wouldn't know anything about them.  Please make references to things that people outside of your neighborhood can relate to.

Sorry, but I can't quite replicate drive-by shootings, dope deals, and meth labs via the Internet. Perhaps if you would just step outside for a minute......

I live in Orange County...we don't have those.  Are you getting so old that you mistook me for W.O.W?

Ah, well. My mistake. Orange county, of course. Where the Bozone Layer is so thick, bright ideas from W.O.W's neighborhood can't penetrate. I am sure, from your constant predications about my age, that you might still be young enough to dream of escaping the affects of Orange County reintarnation, and avoid coming back to life as a Beverly Hillbilly wannabe. 

You know when you have a retarded guy clapping for you after a joke you fell short
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2008, 04:45:19 PM »

You know when you have a retarded guy clapping for you after a joke you fell short

Or your English translater is taking a few days off. S-H-A-L-L   I   S-P-E-A-K   S-L-O-W-E-R?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »
You don't mind me calling the Jazz thugs and deviants, but have a problem with their tendancy to ignore basketball strategy over the issuance of pain instead. Okaaaay, at least we are now getting somewhere.

No, if I thought you were serious that they were really "thugs and deviants" then I would have a problem with that. The Jazz do not have the reputation you are trying to brand on them. And I'll say it once more so you can't keep ignoring it: The situation with Harpring began when Artest tried to be physical with Harpring and Harpring didn't back down. Stop trying to warp what happened in that game into Auburn Palace part 2. It's ridiculous and beneath you.

I'll tell you all what started the whole thing. Harpring was inserted in the game; Artest tried to post him up; he found it more difficult than he may have expected; elbows began to be thrown both ways; and Ron Artest LOST HIS MIND.

Really? It was that Sacramento outrebounded the Jazz that resulted in the Kings winning the second game? Not the 50 (that's right, FIVE-OOO) free throws the Kings shot, making 40, compared to the Jazz going to the line only 23 times? Because you would certainly think, if the Kings outrebounded the jazz by 14, well, they must have shot many more field goals, right. Instead, the Jazz shot 14 more field goals then the Kings in that game and still lost by 13.

Okay fine, you're right. We'll call it what it was -- home cooking from the refs for the home team. (hee hee, that's me flaming you . . . did you see that?)

Wow!!! Let's hear once again about the superior Jazz basketball strategy, which just might, and correct me if I am wrong, not tend to transfer on the road as well as it seems to in SLC. The Jazz "basketball strategy" in the home game against the Kings was clearly to see if they could frustrate and ignite Artest - to make him, how did you put it? To LOSE HIS MIND. And sure enough, Ron got t'ed up twice and tossed from the game. I bet you thought ole Ronnie has gotten tossed out of lots of games this year. Why don't to look up that stat to see how many other teams have gotten Ron that upset. Nope, just that Jazz "basketball strategy" you are so proud of came up with the brilliant idea to try to DUPLICATE WHAT HAPPENED IN DETROIT.

And you can't tell me the same strategy was not on their minds in Sacramento when they sent the Kings to the line 50 times.   

Well, I guess I'm forced to concede defeat here because it has now become obvious that you have crawled all up in Jerry Sloan's arse all the way to his brain so you now know that he was coaching his team to DUPLICATE WHAT HAPPENED IN DETROIT.

In truth, I've probably been unfair to Ron Artest in judging him by one on-court meltdown this year (I'm taking your word for it on that one). If you're right and he is a new man since Detroit, then maybe he just had a bad day. I'm sure Matt Harpring can do that to you. But are you sure you're not judging the Jazz by the results of one game? I would venture to say that you're the only poster here who "thinks" the Jazz have that kind of reputation--thus the "old man" and "drama" cracks we've seen (which have until now been completely unwarranted). ;)

I do respect one thing. You are a passionate fan, and I understand it. Like I said, I once cheered for Karl Malone.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 10:18:44 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2008, 03:16:12 PM »
Ted -

First off, about the age thing, you know and most everyone else knows that the only reason this keeps being thrown my way is because the art of debate is lost on those persons who actually think this is an insult. I earned my years and from this point in my life, it is nothing more then a sad joke on those who pretend otherwise. They can't get to me through legitimate arguement, so they try the personal attack. If I respond in kind, it just gets off the true topic, after a while. I like to play off with westkoast on this, because frankly it is about all he can handle, but with the rest of you I see no need. He hardly recognizes how often he acts and answers just like his so-called nemisis, Reality does, you would think he would figure that out. So let's just drop it between us, okay?

As for the real topic here, Ted, let me be upfront about why we are even in this discussion:

Artest is as much of a fighter as Melo is. He just screams and yells and plays physical, but when a guy with some balls faces him down, he backs away . . . or goes and lays down on the scorer's table where three of his teammates can guard him. I watched Ron Ron back down from Harping this year, and Harp is smaller. Artest is the master of the "c'mon bro hold me back hold me back or I'm gonna kill this guy okay bro he's getting closer pull me back a little faster" move. Whereas, Melo is the master of "dude's bros be holdin' him back, think I'll jack the sucka to show people how much of a bad ass I am what do you mean that makes me a punk bitch foo?" move.

Ron Artest is a chest-beating, taunt-screaming, fight-fearing punk. The fact that he can NOT get into another confrontation is moot (and his own fault by the way); he ran from both Boozer and Harpring on the same night. WUSS.

You are calling Artest a coward here, and a guy who backs off confrontation. He did not back down from either Harpring or Boozer in that game, which is quite obvious because HE was the one who got tossed from that game played in Salt Lake City. He will not be given the benefit of the doubt regardless. AND, most importantly, Sloan would take advantage of that, or you really do NOT understand how Jerry views basketball strategy and how best his team can win games> It was THIS slanted view of the events that brought out my response. How could you NOT think I would have something to say about it based on how you worded your post?

You say Harpring is smaller, like being exacly the same height but 14 pounds ligher puts him into a completely different class, but then ignore the fact that Boozer IS bigger then Artest, by two inches and twenty pounds, and you imply Artest "ran" from both, again ignoring the fact that, gee, two against one, as long as the two are Jazz players, makes this somehow a fair confrontation. THEN you get offended by this clearly being what it is, a strategical effort to confront Ron and mix it up with him, probably with the hope that Ron would regress to his previous antagonistic attitude. And to a point, this is what happened.

But to his credit, something that you later belittled, he did not do anything other then get tossed from the game. Something you say is moot, because, gee, YOUR guys got away with the same tactics, but that home court advantage sure kicked in, didn't it? BTW, Ron did not play Harpring or Boozer any differently from how he plays every night.

And, once AWAY from the friendly confines, the Jazz played "tough" basketball at Arco like Develomental League bench players. Artest plays that way no matter if he is at Arco or Salt Lake City, even though he can not confront opponents who try to antagonize him, which clearly then , CAN NOT be a moot point. You can't even come CLOSE to saying the same thing about Boozer or Harpring. So hold the Artest name-calling to what you know about him - he at least plays like a bastard against everyone no matter what arena he is in. Is it a "moot" point to mention your players back down away from home?

I like you, Ted, and always have. But do you honestly think the Jazz players were somehow justified just because it was Artest and not a true "runner", like a Ray Allen? Artest has his faults, but the one you place on him, implying he has fear of ANYONE he plays against, is so blatantly wrong it defies logic.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 03:27:27 PM »
Ted -

First off, about the age thing, you know and most everyone else knows that the only reason this keeps being thrown my way is because the art of debate is lost on those persons who actually think this is an insult. I earned my years and from this point in my life, it is nothing more then a sad joke on those who pretend otherwise. They can't get to me through legitimate arguement, so they try the personal attack. If I respond in kind, it just gets off the true topic, after a while. I like to play off with westkoast on this, because frankly it is about all he can handle, but with the rest of you I see no need. He hardly recognizes how often he acts and answers just like his so-called nemisis, Reality does, you would think he would figure that out. So let's just drop it between us, okay?

As for the real topic here, Ted, let me be upfront about why we are even in this discussion:

Artest is as much of a fighter as Melo is. He just screams and yells and plays physical, but when a guy with some balls faces him down, he backs away . . . or goes and lays down on the scorer's table where three of his teammates can guard him. I watched Ron Ron back down from Harping this year, and Harp is smaller. Artest is the master of the "c'mon bro hold me back hold me back or I'm gonna kill this guy okay bro he's getting closer pull me back a little faster" move. Whereas, Melo is the master of "dude's bros be holdin' him back, think I'll jack the sucka to show people how much of a bad ass I am what do you mean that makes me a punk bitch foo?" move.

Ron Artest is a chest-beating, taunt-screaming, fight-fearing punk. The fact that he can NOT get into another confrontation is moot (and his own fault by the way); he ran from both Boozer and Harpring on the same night. WUSS.

You are calling Artest a coward here, and a guy who backs off confrontation. He did not back down from either Harpring or Boozer in that game, which is quite obvious because HE was the one who got tossed from that game played in Salt Lake City. He will not be given the benefit of the doubt regardless. AND, most importantly, Sloan would take advantage of that, or you really do NOT understand how Jerry views basketball strategy and how best his team can win games> It was THIS slanted view of the events that brought out my response. How could you NOT think I would have something to say about it based on how you worded your post?

You say Harpring is smaller, like being exacly the same height but 14 pounds ligher puts him into a completely different class, but then ignore the fact that Boozer IS bigger then Artest, by two inches and twenty pounds, and you imply Artest "ran" from both, again ignoring the fact that, gee, two against one, as long as the two are Jazz players, makes this somehow a fair confrontation. THEN you get offended by this clearly being what it is, a strategical effort to confront Ron and mix it up with him, probably with the hope that Ron would regress to his previous antagonistic attitude. And to a point, this is what happened.

But to his credit, something that you later belittled, he did not do anything other then get tossed from the game. Something you say is moot, because, gee, YOUR guys got away with the same tactics, but that home court advantage sure kicked in, didn't it? BTW, Ron did not play Harpring or Boozer any differently from how he plays every night.

And, once AWAY from the friendly confines, the Jazz played "tough" basketball at Arco like Develomental League bench players. Artest plays that way no matter if he is at Arco or Salt Lake City, even though he can not confront opponents who try to antagonize him, which clearly then , CAN NOT be a moot point. You can't even come CLOSE to saying the same thing about Boozer or Harpring. So hold the Artest name-calling to what you know about him - he at least plays like a bastard against everyone no matter what arena he is in. Is it a "moot" point to mention your players back down away from home?

I like you, Ted, and always have. But do you honestly think the Jazz players were somehow justified just because it was Artest and not a true "runner", like a Ray Allen? Artest has his faults, but the one you place on him, implying he has fear of ANYONE he plays against, is so blatantly wrong it defies logic.

Blah blah blah!  Senile ramblings from an old fool!  I would have some respect for you if you would stop collecting SSI checks you old fart!  Show Ted some respect, you couldn't handle six teenage wives in your 20's so STFU!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 03:48:22 PM »
Ted -

Blah blah blah!  Senile ramblings from an old fool!  I would have some respect for you if you would stop collecting SSI checks you old fart!  Show Ted some respect, you couldn't handle six teenage wives in your 20's so STFU!

Admit it, you are impressed and wish you could fart with such authority. And, as Ted would attest, having six teenaged wifes can age you faster then a 'steaming bullet' any day.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »
He hardly recognizes how often he acts and answers just like his so-called nemisis, Reality does, you would think he would figure that out. So let's just drop it between us, okay?

Daaaaaanng.

And, once AWAY from the friendly confines, the Jazz played "tough" basketball at Arco like Develomental League bench players.

Now that's just uncalled for! :-\

So hold the Artest name-calling to what you know about him - he at least plays like a bastard against everyone no matter what arena he is in. Is it a "moot" point to mention your players back down away from home?

I do not like Ron Artest. I haven't liked him since he was a Bull and I was still an erstwhile Bull fan. And I'm willing to admit that this distaste for him colors my response--heavily in the case of my Artest = Wuss post. And now that I look back, Artest does deserve some credit for not actually getting in a fight, because he looked ready to have a major meltdown. He was screaming profanities and beating his chest after every single play, even the ones that didn't end in his favor. To me from the sidelines, it looked like he was simply going insane right in front of us. But, again to his credit I guess, when Harpring got in his face after a nice little elbow (from Ron), Artest did not escalate his seeming insanity to face-to-face violence. He probably deserves a little credit and not name calling for that. Because I know for one thing, I wouldn't want to play against Matt Harpring. The guy is too dang physical and knows how to get away with it. I think John Stockton must have tutored him a bit in those last two years.

I like you, Ted, and always have.

And now I am verklempt and genuinely pleased to know you have thought well of me.

I think we have our own burdens to bear here on this board: Yours is your supposed old age. (I think I'd like to see us all run a mile race and see who ends up receiving CPR . . . WoW?) Mine is my supposed plurality of jail-bait wives--I can guarantee you this. There is no flipping way I could ah . . . er . . . service more than one wife.

PS. I think you should go cold turkey on the Bold button there buddy.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »
And I'm willing to admit that this distaste for him colors my response--heavily in the case of my Artest = Wuss post.

So you don't like him cause he's black?  I KNEW IT!  RACIST!  I bet none of your 6 wives is darker than a glass of milk!

I give Ron-Ron a wide berth, if someone has a chemical imbalance in their brain it's hard to bash them for it.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »

I do not like Ron Artest. I haven't liked him since he was a Bull and I was still an erstwhile Bull fan. And I'm willing to admit that this distaste for him colors my response--heavily in the case of my Artest = Wuss post. And now that I look back, Artest does deserve some credit for not actually getting in a fight, because he looked ready to have a major meltdown. He was screaming profanities and beating his chest after every single play, even the ones that didn't end in his favor. To me from the sidelines, it looked like he was simply going insane right in front of us. But, again to his credit I guess, when Harpring got in his face after a nice little elbow (from Ron), Artest did not escalate his seeming insanity to face-to-face violence. He probably deserves a little credit and not name calling for that. Because I know for one thing, I wouldn't want to play against Matt Harpring. The guy is too dang physical and knows how to get away with it. I think John Stockton must have tutored him a bit in those last two years.

Yeah, your dislike for Artest kind of comes through, there, Ted.

And you should know, that if you had just said that the Jazz players gave back as much as Artest was giving and finally achieved getting Ron-ron kicked out of the game, I would have agreed with you and left it at that.

I like you, Ted, and always have.

And now I am verklempt and genuinely pleased to know you have thought well of me.

I think we have our own burdens to bear here on this board: Yours is your supposed old age. (I think I'd like to see us all run a mile race and see who ends up receiving CPR . . . WoW?) Mine is my supposed plurality of jail-bait wives--I can guarantee you this. There is no flipping way I could ah . . . er . . . service more than one wife.

Well.....it's true.

As for the age thing, I have no issues with BEING old, just with some other posters half my age who are already showing clear signs of senility, such as WOW, who must have a hearing ear dog that only barks a warning to him when Reality or some other poster throws a screeching high ball at him that his other, weakening instincts fail to deflect.

PS. I think you should go cold turkey on the Bold button there buddy.

My one flaw.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2008, 05:45:54 PM »
And I'm willing to admit that this distaste for him colors my response--heavily in the case of my Artest = Wuss post.

So you don't like him cause he's black?  I KNEW IT!  RACIST!  I bet none of your 6 wives is darker than a glass of milk!

I give Ron-Ron a wide berth, if someone has a chemical imbalance in their brain it's hard to bash them for it.

I do like fair skin. But then if Halle Berry showed up on my door step and I wasn't married to the most wonderful woman in the world and didn't avoid extra-marital relations of that sort, well . . .
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 06:06:04 PM by Ted »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2008, 06:49:42 PM »
I do like fair skin. But then if Halle Berry showed up on my door step and I wasn't married to the most wonderful woman in the world and didn't avoid extra-marital relations of that sort, well . . .

Couldn't you just make her number 7?  I'm more of a Sanaa Lathan or Gabrielle Union fan.  Halle is more of a tan white girl but she does look good.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2008, 01:27:26 AM »
JoMal and Ted.  U 2 are heartwarming.  Aaawwwww. . .

==========================

WOW's off his gord, Halle kills Sanaa and Union.  Although the main chick in "Idlewild" was friggin' hot. 

. . .yeah I watched "Idlewild". shut up!
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."