Author Topic: Bibby Traded to Atlanta  (Read 10027 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bibby Traded to Atlanta
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of "Schindlers List". (sic?)

Holy cow  :D

I typed it, thought for a second, deleted, and re-wrote "Terms of Endearment".
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 01:27:33 PM »
I have tried figuring out what it is you guys are trying to say with all these script analogies, and frankly I am stumped.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 01:37:26 PM »
I have tried figuring out what it is you guys are trying to say with all these script analogies, and frankly I am stumped.

Simply put....Don't become a writer
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 01:46:07 PM »
Does the great JoMal have a blind spot?

But the reputation of the Jazz - in the post-Malone era, that is - of being thugs and deviants who like to inflict pain rather then basketball strategy on opponents to instill fear in them makes your Artest comments something like the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't have an issue with you calling them thugs and deviants. I know that's you just flaming me.

Here's what I have an issue with:

who like to inflict pain rather then basketball strategy

Seriously O stately one, what the hell are you talking about? The Jazz have one of the top five execution offenses in the league. When they run it well, it is like watching a layup drill. No basketball strategy? Are you having another senior moment or something? I could swear you are talking about the New York Knicks or the Portland JailBlazers (not the Trailblazers as they are again known). I won't go further because I believe deep down you probably wish you could take back that proverbial fastball down the middle.

I'll tell you all what started the whole thing. Harpring was inserted in the game; Artest tried to post him up; he found it more difficult than he may have expected; elbows began to be thrown both ways; and Ron Artest LOST HIS MIND.

Then the next game, the Kings beat the Jazz by outrebounding them 45 to 31. Two technical fouls were called during the game; one on Mehmet Okur, another on Jerry Sloan. I supposedly, Quincy Douby and John Salmons stood up to the deviant, bone-crunching, mindless Jazz thugs. The heroes took that day and rode on to a brave, glorious, honorable loss the next night against Golden State, who were unable to beat the vicious Jazz this year.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:53:13 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 02:34:45 PM »

That's like telling you not to become a comprehender.

Oh.....right.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »

Oh.....right.

Don't get upset because I think you should stick to what you currently do for a living ;)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 04:49:32 PM »

Oh.....right.

Don't get upset because I think you should stick to what you currently do for a living ;)

Right.....and since I have no intention of doing otherwise, and you DO have to write to post here, once again, you have lost me. Is because I CAN write you feel intimidated? In that case, I am so sorry.  :'(

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 04:50:42 PM »

Oh.....right.

Right.....and since I have no intention of doing otherwise, and you DO have to write to post here, once again, you have lost me. Is because I CAN write you feel intimidated? In that case, I am so sorry.  :'(

Often older people get left in the dust or just turn into it....this is one of those times.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »
Does the great JoMal have a blind spot?

Do I have a blind spot?   :D    :D

Ted, that wall you are heading into isn't going to move.

I don't have an issue with you calling them thugs and deviants. I know that's you just flaming me.

Here's what I have an issue with:

who like to inflict pain rather then basketball strategy

Seriously O stately one, what the hell are you talking about? The Jazz have one of the top five execution offenses in the league. When they run it well, it is like watching a layup drill. No basketball strategy? Are you having another senior moment or something? I could swear you are talking about the New York Knicks or the Portland JailBlazers (not the Trailblazers as they are again known). I won't go further because I believe deep down you probably wish you could take back that proverbial fastball down the middle.

You don't mind me calling the Jazz thugs and deviants, but have a problem with their tendancy to ignore basketball strategy over the issuance of pain instead. Okaaaay, at least we are now getting somewhere.

But being one of the top five (actually fifth) in scoring offense is so not the same as being number 1. Are the Jazz number 1 in any category? Let's see. They are close in assists, and steals (and turnovers), but they are only number 1 in one category that I can see - personal fouls per game.

Sounds like they do have an interest in the "inflicting pain" department a tad bit more then they do in offensive strategy after all.   

I'll tell you all what started the whole thing. Harpring was inserted in the game; Artest tried to post him up; he found it more difficult than he may have expected; elbows began to be thrown both ways; and Ron Artest LOST HIS MIND.

Then the next game, the Kings beat the Jazz by outrebounding them 45 to 31. Two technical fouls were called during the game; one on Mehmet Okur, another on Jerry Sloan. I supposedly, Quincy Douby and John Salmons stood up to the deviant, bone-crunching, mindless Jazz thugs. The heroes took that day and rode on to a brave, glorious, honorable loss the next night against Golden State, who were unable to beat the vicious Jazz this year.

Really? It was that Sacramento outrebounded the Jazz that resulted in the Kings winning the second game? Not the 50 (that's right, FIVE-OOO) free throws the Kings shot, making 40, compared to the Jazz going to the line only 23 times? Because you would certainly think, if the Kings outrebounded the jazz by 14, well, they must have shot many more field goals, right. Instead, the Jazz shot 14 more field goals then the Kings in that game and still lost by 13.

Wow!!! Let's hear once again about the superior Jazz basketball strategy, which just might, and correct me if I am wrong, not tend to transfer on the road as well as it seems to in SLC. The Jazz "basketball strategy" in the home game against the Kings was clearly to see if they could frustrate and ignite Artest - to make him, how did you put it? To LOSE HIS MIND. And sure enough, Ron got t'ed up twice and tossed from the game. I bet you thought ole Ronnie has gotten tossed out of lots of games this year. Why don't to look up that stat to see how many other teams have gotten Ron that upset. Nope, just that Jazz "basketball strategy" you are so proud of came up with the brilliant idea to try to DUPLICATE WHAT HAPPENED IN DETROIT.

And you can't tell me the same strategy was not on their minds in Sacramento when they sent the Kings to the line 50 times.   

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 06:01:34 PM »

Often older people get left in the dust or just turn into it....this is one of those times.

And spinning just makes dust without settling it...definitely one of those times.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 06:18:51 PM »

And spinning just makes dust without settling it...definitely one of those times.

If you are referring to a twister...those only come up in redneck areas so I wouldn't know anything about them.  Please make references to things that people outside of your neighborhood can relate to.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 06:30:23 PM »

If you are referring to a twister...those only come up in redneck areas so I wouldn't know anything about them.  Please make references to things that people outside of your neighborhood can relate to.

Sorry, but I can't quite replicate drive-by shootings, dope deals, and meth labs via the Internet. Perhaps if you would just step outside for a minute......

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 06:32:58 PM »

Sorry, but I can't quite replicate drive-by shootings, dope deals, and meth labs via the Internet. Perhaps if you would just step outside for a minute......

I live in Orange County...we don't have those.  Are you getting so old that you mistook me for W.O.W?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »

I live in Orange County...we don't have those.  Are you getting so old that you mistook me for W.O.W?

Ah, well. My mistake. Orange county, of course. Where the Bozone Layer is so thick, bright ideas from W.O.W's neighborhood can't penetrate. I am sure, from your constant predications about my age, that you might still be young enough to dream of escaping the affects of Orange County reintarnation, and avoid coming back to life as a Beverly Hillbilly wannabe. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 06:58:23 PM »

Ah, well. My mistake. Orange county, of course. Where the Bozone Layer is so thick, bright ideas from W.O.W's neighborhood can't penetrate. I am sure, from your constant predications about my age, that you might still be young enough to dream of escaping the affects of Orange County reintarnation, and avoid coming back to life as a Beverly Hillbilly wannabe. 

Nice ;D