Author Topic: Pops not drinking the Gasol trade swill b.s.  (Read 6483 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pops not drinking the Gasol trade swill b.s.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
My post was a little cryptic, so hey no harm no foul.
No harm no foul?!
Adding "Randall Louise" is priceless.  ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 09:19:17 PM »
Just to let you guys know there was an article in the OC Weekly on Jerry West in which he stated he had nothing to do with the trade.  He does not take part in the organization anymore when it comes to personnel and is quietly enjoying his time away from basketball.
Jerry West went on to say, "If i did broker a deal between the Grizz and Lakers of Gasol for Kwame, I would admit to doing so in the media for all the public to know".

This proves West had nothing to do with it.
Warehouse.

Only the almighty Lakers have the ability to sway things into their favor with Sith like movements in the backround....

Yet I don't ever hear you talk about how the Spurs got Tim Duncan....hmmmmm

Tower wreckords.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 01:14:01 PM »
You started this nonsense, Nimrod.

Rick, you stupid ignorant slut!  Not only did I not start this thread but I did not start with the name calling, get it?  I know I've slapped you down in the past on this board, as have MANY others, so that must be where the name calling comes from, you sure as hell can not debate worth a shit, I guess name calling is the way to go for you.

Oh yes you did, you always get into name calling, every time you criticize anyone just like you did when you first posted about what Pop said!

So what you are saying is that no-one could offer an expiring contract as big as LA's and that's why LA got the deal?  I'm not up on all the expiring contracts out there, but I have to believe there are a few others with large contracts besides Kwame's that are coming due.  And what free agent is going to want to run to the Grizzlies when there's no one else there to play with?

I am saying that no one did, not that they couldn't.  The reason I say that is because that is what the Grizz GM said on record.  Not because I'm mad my team didn't do anything to make them better or mad that I didn't work for the Gasol deal.  Face it, you are probably just pissed cause the Sixers suck and have done next to nothing to improve.  Praise Allah for the Lakers!  They always find a way to get back on top.  Nobody in the league does that like the Lakers, not the Sixers, Celtics, Spurs, Bulls, not anyone.

They didn't because no one knew Gasol was available.  That's why you're whole argument is complete BULL.  What do you think happens when a team decided to move a player?  They let other teams know so they can make an offer.  If they take the first one that comes along- obviously they aren't getting the best deal.  The whole league is pissed because it looks like the Grizzles GM, DIDN'T DO HIS JOB!!!!

Besides, an expiring contract turns into a player eventually, and the idea that the Grizzlies are easier to sell without a star seems like a bunch of crap.  I mean, who wants a team that doesn't have a star and can't compete- sounds like a recipe for EMPTY STANDS to me!  And Empty stands for quite some time into the future too.

No it does not dumbass, just look at the Clippers.  They almost always seem to stay under the cap and/or avoid the luxury tax threshold.  Some teams don't care to compete because they can probably still make money the way the Clippers have done for decades.  Not eveyone has the same buisness model as a moron like you nor do they need to follow any teams methodology.  The Knicks and Clippers are at opposite ends of the spectrum, you would be hard pressed to determine they are in the same buisness based on their financials.  A team that doesn't have a star and can't compete sounds like the Sixers and a few other LEastern conference teams.

The Knicks loose money every year.  Stirling found a way to make the team profitable for him, but it must suck to be a Clippers fan.  And there's a difference between the way you run your franchise and what you can sell it for.  The Knicks will almost always be worth more than the Grizzlies because of where they play.  Since we already know Memphis is up for sale, the question becomes are the Grizzlies more saleable or valuable now that they traded Gasol, and the answer is NO, NIMROD!

So the story out of the Grizzlies just doesn't add up.  It stinks and the rest of the NBA is crying about it.  Sour Grapes?  Or is is true that Pop never got a call, along with Ed Stefanski of the Sixers or anyone else with players to trade or expiring contracts!?

What a stupid, affirmative action, 1st and 15th way of thinking, why am I not surprised this is comming from you rick.  Pop and Ed didn't get a call?  What a load of horse shyte.  Pop doesnt need to GET a call, Pop MAKES calls, Pop makes moves to keep his team on top.  A GM's job is not to sit by the phone and hope somebody calls THEM with an awesome trade offer.  No wonder the Sixers suck shit, their GM sits around waiting for a handout like the Sixers are living the "1st and 15th fabulous lifestyle".  Any team whos GM is waiting around to GET a phone call is not worth his weight in crap, I can see your handout line of thinking now.  Explains alot. 

See above, this is why you are a nimrod, you don't even think when you post!  A GM's job is to stay in touch with other teams, but not to annoy them by calling everyday to try to pry someone away.  It was the Memphis GM's job to make those calls, get THAT through your thick skull.

In fact, even trading Gasol has to make me wonder.  It is hard to get equal value in trade, so why trade- no one was forcing the Grizzlies to do anything.  This move doesn't make sense unless this is all being driven by financial considerations, like the present owner doesn't want to pay players to keep people in the stands while he tries to sell the team.

You brainless fuck wad.  That is EXACTLY what I've been saying all along.  IT IS FOR FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS!  The Grizz are having a fire sale and Gasol was the biggest cash item!  Pinche' Pendejo!  Bleeding Christ you are dense Rick!

No, you are dense, the Grizzlies franchise is now less attractive because it has no draw.

There is no question that the Grizzlies are worth less today with the expiring contract and no star than they were with Gasol.  If the owner wants to gut the team, he's sure going about it the right way!

See previous comment dumbass. 

Obviously, logical thinking is not your strong point.

Typing bad words is not as much fun as saying them.  :-\  I need to hit the courts or rush hour traffic to truely appreciate a good verbal assualt.

You seem to enjoy verbal assaults all the time, the problem is you think you're right no matter what you say or how irrational it appears after further analysis.  And, you call me dumb!   ::)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008, 01:31:28 PM »
You seem to enjoy verbal assaults all the time, the problem is you think you're right no matter what you say or how irrational it appears after further analysis.  And, you call me dumb!   ::)

I enjoy CREATIVE insults, JoMal has always been and still is one of my fav posters as WAS Reality in the PAST.  Name calling is just lazy, but since you STARTED with that I figured I'd keep it simple as well.  My calling you dumb is not as effective as you PROVING it over and over again on this board.  Keep up the good work.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 01:48:54 PM »

I enjoy CREATIVE insults, JoMal has always been and still is one of my fav posters as WAS Reality in the PAST.  Name calling is just lazy, but since you STARTED with that I figured I'd keep it simple as well.  My calling you dumb is not as effective as you PROVING it over and over again on this board.  Keep up the good work.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2008, 02:38:52 PM »
You started this nonsense, Nimrod.

Rick, you stupid ignorant slut!  Not only did I not start this thread but I did not start with the name calling, get it?  I know I've slapped you down in the past on this board, as have MANY others, so that must be where the name calling comes from, you sure as hell can not debate worth a shit, I guess name calling is the way to go for you.

No, WOW, Rick did NOT start the namecalling, or don't any of you know who Nimrod actually was. I can't remember the exact reference, so I will let Webster's dictionary translate to whom "Nimrod" refers to: 

Nim-rod [Hebrew reference] Bible the son of Cush, referred to as a mightly hunter: Gen 10:8-9 [often: noun] a hunter.

And that is it!!! No other definition applies.

So to get worked up because Rick called you a mighty hunter seems kind of unfortunate, don't you think?

Oh - and how is THAT for being creative?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:45:14 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »
Oh contrar my dear JoMal

From the webbible website:
Nimrod:
First, what does the name Nimrod mean? It comes from the Hebrew verb marad, meaning "rebel." Adding an "n" before the "m" it becomes an infinitive construct, "Nimrod." (see Kautzsch 1910: 137 2b, also BDB 1962: 597). The meaning then is "The Rebel." Thus "Nimrod" may not be the character's name at all. It is more likely a derisive term of a type, a representative, of a system that is epitomized in rebellion against the Creator, the one true God. Rebellion began soon after the Flood as civilizations were restored. At that time this person became very prominent.

From The American Heritage Dictionary:
Nimrod:
Either a hunter, or a person regarded as silly or foolish.

The term Nimrod has never carried a connotation other than an insult when used in this context, Rick knew what he meantwhen he said it, and WOW knew exactly how it was supposed to be taken and took it that way. Nice try though. Perhaps livivng in a city populated with such types you are a little defensive, yes?
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »
Oh contrar my dear JoMal

Nimrod:
First, what does the name Nimrod mean? It comes from the Hebrew verb marad, meaning "rebel." Adding an "n" before the "m" it becomes an infinitive construct, "Nimrod." (see Kautzsch 1910: 137 2b, also BDB 1962: 597). The meaning then is "The Rebel." Thus "Nimrod" may not be the character's name at all. It is more likely a derisive term of a type, a representative, of a system that is epitomized in rebellion against the Creator, the one true God. Rebellion began soon after the Flood as civilizations were restored. At that time this person became very prominent.

Nimrod:

The term Nimrod has never carried a connotation other than an insult when used in this context, Rick knew what he meantwhen he said it, and WOW knew exactly how it was supposed to be taken and took it that way. Nice try though. Perhaps livivng in a city populated with such types you are a little defensive, yes?

Sorry, Dan, but YOU came up with the insulting definition; those in MY town may be Nimrods of the original designation, and honestly many here ARE good hunters, but hardly any appear to be of your "LA" type, where definitions are always being contorted to suit the current crisis-babies.

Having lived on board a boat called the Nimrod III for five days diving the Coral Sea last year, I do not find being called a Nimrod a bad thing, but since it seems to offend you, I will never think of calling YOU a Nimrod, such as it is. You certainly don't appear to have earned the title, anyway. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
Tis true JoMal I have NOT earned the title of rebel against God OR a silly or foolish person, thank you for duly noting that blatantly obvious fact.

However, my point, apparently lost on you, was the insulting definition, which is well known in areas it would seem other than Sacramento or fishing/diving boats, was clearly the desired definition Rick intended in the context in which he used it, and WOW, being not from Sacramento or the fishing/diving industry, took it precisely as it was meant, namecalling.

Having bagged my share of elk and deer in my lifetime, I know Nimrod can mean hunter. I am also intelligent enough to know that if Rick had called WOW a Nimrod with the intent of refering to him as a hunter, his subsequent deriding and counterpointing his take on the issue at hand would have made no sense, much like most of his posts anyway, but let us not fool ourselves into thinking such was the case, you know EXACTLY how he meant it, as did everyone else.
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2008, 03:58:37 PM »
And since I was clearly intending to diffuse the "insults" that were flying, which escalated into a more foul degree of namecalling that even you, I believe, found so offensive that you started a whole other thread on the subject, forgive me for asking why on earth are you stirring the embers of the epitaph firestorm?

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »
Well JoMal, you called WOW out for taking Nimrod to be an insult, I called you out for choosing to ignore the context in which Nimrod was used by Rick, you called me out for looking for bad definitions of Nimrod, I called you out for not wanting to see my original point, you called me out for stirring the "epithet" (I think that is what you meant) embers, you will likely call me out for correcting your word usage, and in all of this I am sure the pot being stirred is making Rick laugh with glee, see, I had a positive reason for doing so!
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
Now I am confused.  I think ??? I owe Rick an apology?  Sorry Rick.  Maybe Rick heard of my prowess as a "hunter" or "hound" of pu....nevermind.  I guess I should brush up on the "good book", the LeBron James version of course.  ;)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »
Oh contrar my dear JoMal

Nimrod:

Nimrod:

Sorry, Dan, but YOU came up with the insulting definition; those in MY town may be Nimrods of the original designation, and honestly many here ARE good hunters, but hardly any appear to be of your "LA" type, where definitions are always being contorted to suit the current crisis-babies.

Having lived on board a boat called the Nimrod III for five days diving the Coral Sea last year, I do not find being called a Nimrod a bad thing, but since it seems to offend you, I will never think of calling YOU a Nimrod, such as it is. You certainly don't appear to have earned the title, anyway. 

From Wikipedia
Nimrod is an unincorporated community in Lane County, Oregon, United States, on the McKenzie River. It is located along Oregon State Route 126, between Vida and Blue River (no baseball fans, Vida Blue's middle name is not Nimrod).  Just to put that into perspective it is about 4-1/2 hours from Dufer, Oregon.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 05:19:16 PM »
Oh contrar my dear JoMal

From Wikipedia
Nimrod is an unincorporated community in Lane County, Oregon, United States, on the McKenzie River. It is located along Oregon State Route 126, between Vida and Blue River (no baseball fans, Vida Blue's middle name is not Nimrod).  Just to put that into perspective it is about 4-1/2 hours from Dufer, Oregon.

Well there you have it WOW, you are an unincorporated nothing! Man that Rick is existential!!!!

Dan

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 05:30:08 PM »
<uncontrollable teary-eyed laughter>

God I love this board!

I guess I should brush up on the "good book", the LeBron James version of course.

:D :D :D
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."