Author Topic: Why is Yao not shouldering ANY blame for the HOU loss in the 1st round?  (Read 7420 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Um Reality, Shaq had already led a team to the finals then.  Yao has never made it past the second round.   Shaq also didn't have the same caliber player that Yao has in Tracy Mcgrady that year either.  Kobe then was not at the level T-Mac is now and he had a hand injury that season.   Second, if we want to place blame on coaches I think it is pretty apparent that year you are speaking of had a similar problem and that is why Phil Jackson took over the following year.
Does this mean you are agreeing with me that Yao could benefit from better coaching?
Shaq benefitted from Phil J = Yao would have benefitted from Phil J?
Is the light coming thru???!!!!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Um Reality, Shaq had already led a team to the finals then.  Yao has never made it past the second round.   Shaq also didn't have the same caliber player that Yao has in Tracy Mcgrady that year either.  Kobe then was not at the level T-Mac is now and he had a hand injury that season.   Second, if we want to place blame on coaches I think it is pretty apparent that year you are speaking of had a similar problem and that is why Phil Jackson took over the following year.
Does this mean you are agreeing with me that Yao could benefit from better coaching?
Shaq benefitted from Phil J = Yao would have benefitted from Phil J?
Is the light coming thru???!!!!

You must have missed the post about DRob and TD........
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Oh no, Shaq was the most Dominant Never.
Surely he couldn't have been stopped by DRob or Duncan?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Oh no, Shaq was the most Dominant Never.
Surely he couldn't have been stopped by DRob or Duncan?

You mean AND

And no I don't agree with you because you are trying to paint Yao's weak play when the team needed it on Van Gundy. 

Alot of players can benefit from CERTAIN coaches.  Ones that they work well with, respect quite a bit, and get along with.  Not all coaches click with all players.  As much as I like Phil Jackson as a coach not every player has always clicked with him.  Respected yes but clicked, no.  The same can be said for many many coaches.

Light is really heard to shine through a toilet filled with crap Reality if you catch my drift.

Here is a time killer for you...

Can you name 3 games in a row where Kobe had average games that decided a playoff series in his career?  Why do you keep bringing up one game for Shaq and one for Kobe?  Yao played average in games 5, 6, and 7.   And please bring up Shaq this year...that would only further prove my point.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:25:04 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com