Author Topic: Ouch, Lakers got spanked.  (Read 6664 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Ouch, Lakers got spanked.
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:45:30 AM »
Didn't look good after the 1st quarter.  From what I saw it didn't look like Kobe was forcing the issue offensively, just good team defense on Kobe and the rest of the Lakers didn't step it up.

The Suns offense just picked the Lakers apart, they Lakers really do look over matched now.  We'll see if a change of venue has any effect.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ouch, Lakers got spanked.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:58:50 AM »
New lows for Phil this year.
Worst reg season record ever.
Phil ever been down 2-0 in a series?  Maybe once Bulls vs NYK?

Kwame looks like he is sleepwalking.  What happened to his intensity displayed when the Lakers were playing .666 winning percentage ball?  Seemed like the competition with SuperByns was spurring him on.  Now he looks flat.  Speaking of SuperByns, i thought he did very well for a 19 year old last night.
15/12 even if a lot of it was in blownout time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:03:59 AM by Reality »

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:55:33 AM »
It's not a fair contest.  The Lakers aren't competitive, and aren't even close enough to force the Suns out of their normal game plan.

Only thing that could stop Phoenix in this series is injuries.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:09:42 PM »
I guess lucky for me I was at the Improv last night instead of watching the game so I cannot really comment on it.  Although I did a Reality and checked out the box score and pretty much got what I needed from that.  The Lakers looked to shoot a low % and Suns rebounding/interior defense seemed to be on point.  Not sure what woke Amare up, maybe it was my post!  ;D

They are done, like most of us figured they would be in the first round.  They had a chance in game 1 and blew it.  Since they were dominated in the important second game they more then likely will take one or two games then go fishing.  They had a very very slim shot to beat PHX and if they didn't at least split a game on their floor they would all but finish themselves off.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:31:18 AM »
I guess lucky for me I was at the Improv last night instead of watching the game so I cannot really comment on it.  Although I did a Reality and checked out the box score and pretty much got what I needed from that.  The Lakers looked to shoot a low % and Suns rebounding/interior defense seemed to be on point.  Not sure what woke Amare up, maybe it was my post!  ;D

They are done, like most of us figured they would be in the first round.  They had a chance in game 1 and blew it.  Since they were dominated in the important second game they more then likely will take one or two games then go fishing.  They had a very very slim shot to beat PHX and if they didn't at least split a game on their floor they would all but finish themselves off.

SKCCCCCCRRRRRREEEEEEEECCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Okay, boys and girls, now that the LA Lakers are all but out of the post season, it is time to dump the playoff posts and convert this board back to its summer playground status OF:

HOW THE LAKERS TURN (my stomach), and other changes the team needs to make to once again revert all Laker posters into unbearable "Toady's for the TEAM".

Number 1 - The Lakers clearly need to dump their coach and bring in a more experienced guy who can 'unite' these dysfunctional individuals. Someone who can control a clearly overemotional Kobe Bryant. Someone who can motivate Kwame Brown. Someone who can get more out of that lazy ass, Lamar Odom. Someone who can teach point guard technique to a non-point guard player such as Smush Parker. Someone who can translate dialogue exchanges between the Waltons. Someone like that guy who used to coach the ChiBulls back when that team was loaded with a bunch of dysfuntional bozos but somehow figured out how to win anyway.

Number 2 - Unload your superstar talent who can't lead the team without dominating games. Who needs a guy around who makes the rest of the team feel so inadequate and inferior? Just because the other guys are unable to shoot straight does not mean your "SS" should just take the ball right out of their hands - IN PUBLIC!! - and virtually give you verbal instructions DURING GAMES on how to hold the ball, demonstrate cross-over drives to the basket, and keeping your elbows in on jump shots. Could he not at least wait until time outs? What the Lakers need to do is draft a young, potential NEW superstar, maybe right out of high school so he has not been corrupted by university level know-it-alls, and watch him blossom like a weed in a sidewalk amongst the drabble of the Forum.

Number 3 - Unceremoniously dump unproductive players, preferably on your unknowing rivals in the west. Trade the bastards if they can't win or demonstrate a desire to live, even. These guys are dead already and nobody has bothered to tell them. End the mystery for them and kill them now. Or trade them. Or catch and release them. But above all the Laker mystic MUST - NOT - PERISH, because of crappy wannabees dominating the roster. Brown and Parker should be packaged to bring in LeBron James. Bynum and Walton will easily bring in Dirk. Trade your first round pick straight up with Memphis and draft Oden. Offer a million or two to sign up Nash and maybe that Marion guy from Phoenix. Its not like the Lakers haven't done this before.

Number 4 - Get rid of that worthless GM the Lakers are overpaying. Who created this fiasco in the first place? That's right - the GM's of all the other teams who took advantage of your mentally challenged and clearly handicapped guy your owner brought in to apparently meet some affirmative action hiring policy forced on him by state regulators. Now is the time to recitfy this nightmare. Lure Geoff Petrie away from the Kings by offering him a salary. He can then hire Joe Dumars from Detriot as his assistant. With these guys in charge, they will need to hire Bill Laimbeer just to beat down the hordes of superstar free agents trying break down the doors of the Laker offices to come to LA and play for them.

Finally, #5 - Move the team to Las Vegas. The team clearly needs to upgrade its starstudded fan base. Vegas show girls should replace the Laker Girls to bring some class to THAT strip show. Offer some floor level seats to Wayne Newton and his entourage, and of course, to Charo. Go back to paying the fans in the cheap seats to raise their voices once in a while before a funeral breaks out.

All of this can easily be accomplished before the Mavericks drain their last championship three pointer this year.

Problems solved. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:34:07 AM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wow...that was intense
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 12:02:53 PM »
Hey JoMal!!!

OK...all of those things are true.  However, the #1 priority for the Lakers is to get rid of its doddering old owner - you forgot that one. 

Now tell me this...after first getting rid of the Maloofs what should Sac do?

Take your time - I can wait.

_RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 01:03:42 PM »
SKCCCCCCRRRRRREEEEEEEECCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Okay, boys and girls, now that the LA Lakers are all but out of the post season, it is time to dump the playoff posts and convert this board back to its summer playground status OF:

HOW THE LAKERS TURN (my stomach), and other changes the team needs to make to once again revert all Laker posters into unbearable "Toady's for the TEAM".

Number 1 - The Lakers clearly need to dump their coach and bring in a more experienced guy who can 'unite' these dysfunctional individuals. Someone who can control a clearly overemotional Kobe Bryant. Someone who can motivate Kwame Brown. Someone who can get more out of that lazy ass, Lamar Odom. Someone who can teach point guard technique to a non-point guard player such as Smush Parker. Someone who can translate dialogue exchanges between the Waltons. Someone like that guy who used to coach the ChiBulls back when that team was loaded with a bunch of dysfuntional bozos but somehow figured out how to win anyway.

Number 2 - Unload your superstar talent who can't lead the team without dominating games. Who needs a guy around who makes the rest of the team feel so inadequate and inferior? Just because the other guys are unable to shoot straight does not mean your "SS" should just take the ball right out of their hands - IN PUBLIC!! - and virtually give you verbal instructions DURING GAMES on how to hold the ball, demonstrate cross-over drives to the basket, and keeping your elbows in on jump shots. Could he not at least wait until time outs? What the Lakers need to do is draft a young, potential NEW superstar, maybe right out of high school so he has not been corrupted by university level know-it-alls, and watch him blossom like a weed in a sidewalk amongst the drabble of the Forum.

Number 3 - Unceremoniously dump unproductive players, preferably on your unknowing rivals in the west. Trade the bastards if they can't win or demonstrate a desire to live, even. These guys are dead already and nobody has bothered to tell them. End the mystery for them and kill them now. Or trade them. Or catch and release them. But above all the Laker mystic MUST - NOT - PERISH, because of crappy wannabees dominating the roster. Brown and Parker should be packaged to bring in LeBron James. Bynum and Walton will easily bring in Dirk. Trade your first round pick straight up with Memphis and draft Oden. Offer a million or two to sign up Nash and maybe that Marion guy from Phoenix. Its not like the Lakers haven't done this before.

Number 4 - Get rid of that worthless GM the Lakers are overpaying. Who created this fiasco in the first place? That's right - the GM's of all the other teams who took advantage of your mentally challenged and clearly handicapped guy your owner brought in to apparently meet some affirmative action hiring policy forced on him by state regulators. Now is the time to recitfy this nightmare. Lure Geoff Petrie away from the Kings by offering him a salary. He can then hire Joe Dumars from Detriot as his assistant. With these guys in charge, they will need to hire Bill Laimbeer just to beat down the hordes of superstar free agents trying break down the doors of the Laker offices to come to LA and play for them.

Finally, #5 - Move the team to Las Vegas. The team clearly needs to upgrade its starstudded fan base. Vegas show girls should replace the Laker Girls to bring some class to THAT strip show. Offer some floor level seats to Wayne Newton and his entourage, and of course, to Charo. Go back to paying the fans in the cheap seats to raise their voices once in a while before a funeral breaks out.

All of this can easily be accomplished before the Mavericks drain their last championship three pointer this year.

Problems solved. 

I think you're going to have a problem with Reality, you've blatently plagiarized his summer plan from last year to revamp the Spurs. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wow...that was intense
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 01:31:04 PM »
Hey JoMal!!!

OK...all of those things are true.  However, the #1 priority for the Lakers is to get rid of its doddering old owner - you forgot that one. 

Now tell me this...after first getting rid of the Maloofs what should Sac do?

Take your time - I can wait.

_RB
Shaq #1

Hello, Rolando, and I am doing fine, thanks for asking. How about you?

To answer your question, I did NOT forget about the doddering ownership, but realistically realyzed that as long as his daughter is dating his coach, he will need to keep ownership close to the chest, so to speak.

Would YOU trust your daughter with Phil Jackson?

Exactly!!!

I am of the opinion that the Maloofs are not going to remove themselves any time soon from interferring with team operations. Sadly, it would be more likely that Petrie would decide not to put up with the interference before ownership ever changed.

I do not think hiring Musselman was Geoff's first choice, for instance. Apparently, he has told his bosses that the hiring of the next coach WILL be his decision, and now the Maloofs are all public with saying that the new hiring is completely up to Petrie. But they have to sign off on it, and by 'they', I mean all six Maloofs, with Momma Maloof holding the biggest vote.

Future scenarios for SacTown. The city will survive, but possibly without the Kings being here. No new arena is in the works, and without a new arena plan in place within the next 3-5 years, the Kings will be posting up at the Palms in Vegas.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 01:36:32 PM »

I think you're going to have a problem with Reality, you've blatently plagiarized his summer plan from last year to revamp the Spurs. 
[/quote]

Who stole whom's summer plan? I am sure I have voiced these thoughts before. Or was that during my hiatus while 'resting' at Napa? Somebody's voice was in my head then.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 08:12:21 AM »
Nice game by the Lakers, their defense really won the game.  The Lakers attacked the rim alot and it paid off, I get worried that they get away from that and fall into the Suns run and gun style of game.  Amare looked terrific and Nash continues to amaze me with passes that should be turn overs but end up being wide open looks.

Hope the Lakers can keep up their intensity on defense, they could make a series of it yet.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 09:49:20 AM »
Nice game by the Lakers, their defense really won the game.  The Lakers attacked the rim alot and it paid off, I get worried that they get away from that and fall into the Suns run and gun style of game.  Amare looked terrific and Nash continues to amaze me with passes that should be turn overs but end up being wide open looks.

Hope the Lakers can keep up their intensity on defense, they could make a series of it yet.

Barkley is convinced they need to run and gun to keep up with the Suns.  Did anyone see his comments on TNT last night?  I thought he had one too many.  While I agree with what he said about Kobe being a beast in the open court unless others are going to be able to finish along side of him.  Specifically Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum.  That is asking alot from both of them.  Kwame because he has oompa loompa hands and Bynum because I just don't think you can expect him to be a big playoff contributor at this stage in his career.

The Lakers did an excellent job on the glass to keep themselves in the game.  They also did a very good job of getting into the paint for very high% shots.  Kobe and Kwame just abused them there.  Also I want to give alot of props to Jordan Farmar for playing solid basketball.  His stats don't say much but he is setting up the offense well, is making sure the ball gets into the post, and has held his own with Steve Nash. 

Sunday is still a must win game if they want to get back into this series so they are not fully back on track.  I don't expect Kwame to score on his own much like he did last night (had some nice moves on Amare) but he should get a number of easy dunks if Odom/Walton/Kobe can create looks for him.  The Suns are not use to having a guy in the middle protecting the paint like Amare is so no one seems to be rotating over once he comes over to stop the ball.  I expect Mike D'Antoni to point it out and the Suns adjust in the next game.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 09:56:03 AM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 10:28:22 AM »
Sunday is still a must win game if they want to get back into this series so they are not fully back on track. 

I have seen you guys posting comments about the upcoming game being a 'must-win- game for your team. These are the playoffs. Please point out to me which games in a seven game series is NOT a 'must-win' game?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »
Sunday is still a must win game if they want to get back into this series so they are not fully back on track. 

I have seen you guys posting comments about the upcoming game being a 'must-win- game for your team. These are the playoffs. Please point out to me which games in a seven game series is NOT a 'must-win' game?

Bored today are we JoMaL?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 11:14:07 AM »

Yeah. I just finished up our big, annual project, working every day since April 16th, and needed to stir things up.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 11:35:48 AM »

Yeah. I just finished up our big, annual project, working every day since April 16th, and needed to stir things up.

Oh okay in that case...

Technically every game is a game you want or need to win.  Although I don't personally think everything is a 'must win'.  Sunday's Laker/Suns game is not a must win for the Suns.  If they lose to the Lakers they would still be even in the series and heading home.  Orlando and Detroit's game on Sunday is not a must win for Detroit.  If they were to lose they would still be up 3-1.  For the Lakers they need to win to get back into the series.  For Orlando they need to win or go fishing with Kenny.  Of course the Suns/Pistons need a win just like any other team in the playoffs, just for less urgent reasons.  They need it for rest and the other two teams need it to stay alive.