Author Topic: OT:FORMER WHITE HOUSE TERRORISM ADVISOR  (Read 9623 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
OT:FORMER WHITE HOUSE TERRORISM ADVISOR
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2004, 03:34:56 PM »
So x3, you support the quarantined free speech zones that Bush implements on his visits?  Usually 3 miles away, in a fenced in area. Your cool with that? Just curious.
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2004, 03:42:53 PM »
So x3, you support the quarantined free speech zones that Bush implements on his visits?  Usually 3 miles away, in a fenced in area. Your cool with that? Just curious.
the president supports free speach...as long as it doesnt piss him off!  snoggie-muncher!!   <_<  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2004, 04:11:08 PM »
Hell yes. This isn't about being a good citizen, this is about taking advantage of a marketing opportunity to sell his book. Does that make him lose credibility? No way. It makes him a smart businessman, look at the run this guy is getting from the press. Does that make him lose his credibility? No. Simply because he's the second defector from the Bush camp to make similar charges.

And since when did the Bush administration have a problem with a "friend" taking advantage of a situation to make a quick buck.  Many of Bush and Cheney's "friends" have made millions off the war in Iraq.
This isn't about being a good citizen, this is about taking advantage of a marketing opportunity to sell his book. Does that make him lose credibility?

Umm, yeah!  When money is the goal, the truth always takes secondary importance.  You'd know that if you had any (truth, that is, I'm sure that you are getting that welfare check that I'm paying for in my taxes).  j/k

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2004, 04:22:03 PM »
Hell yes. This isn't about being a good citizen, this is about taking advantage of a marketing opportunity to sell his book. Does that make him lose credibility? No way. It makes him a smart businessman, look at the run this guy is getting from the press. Does that make him lose his credibility? No. Simply because he's the second defector from the Bush camp to make similar charges.

And since when did the Bush administration have a problem with a "friend" taking advantage of a situation to make a quick buck.  Many of Bush and Cheney's "friends" have made millions off the war in Iraq.
This isn't about being a good citizen, this is about taking advantage of a marketing opportunity to sell his book. Does that make him lose credibility?

Umm, yeah!  When money is the goal, the truth always takes secondary importance.  You'd know that if you had any (truth, that is, I'm sure that you are getting that welfare check that I'm paying for in my taxes).  j/k
So the story from the White House...where both money & power come before truth....is more believable?

[flailing arms]  Danger, Will Smith. Danger!

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2004, 04:22:37 PM »
NO, but I will soon. I'm losing my job in a few months, burning the midnight oil looking for a new one. Yknow, there just isn't a job market out there for a high school educated hispanic with Commodore 64 computer experience.
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

And since when did the Bush administration have a problem with a "friend" taking advantage of a situation to make a quick buck.  Many of Bush and Cheney's "friends" have made millions off the war in Iraq.

randy you have to understand 101 is a "turd-burglar"  and he is merely saying the things that turd-burglars like to say.......
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 04:48:35 PM »
Sorry guys. I posted the Vince Foster/Ron Brown allusion deliberatley, mainly because I know it makes for such a fun reaction from Clinton lovers. There's no corroborating evidence, and I don't believe the stories coming from Clinton haters, although the long list of suicides is interesting. I just love yanking Clintonites' chains. Sorry again.

Hee hee.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2004, 05:05:58 PM »

So the story from the White House...where both money & power come before truth....is more believable?

[flailing arms]  Danger, Will Smith. Danger!

:ph34r:
Actually, I don't trust EITHER side, at this point.  I think you would pretty much believe anything that came out against Bush.  

I think all those "coincidences" were just a bit too much.  But since you want to believe it so much, I doubt that you will.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2004, 05:06:11 PM »
Okay, here's my attempt at being objective on this issue.

First, I do not disagree with the assertion that Bush has been gunning for Iraq since his inauguration. Frankly, I don't have a problem with the U.S. going into foreign countries to remove despots who kill MILLIONS. (And neither do many of YOU. Remember our discussion about the Congo? We blasted our government for NOT doing something then.) As I see it though, there's no way the majority of citizens in this country approve of that much military action just to remove a dictator. So, to use the war against terror as the only reason to invade Iraq doesn't fly with me. If I find out that the Bush admin knew for a fact that the intel was false, and pushed the war, they lose my vote. So far all I've heard ranges from "we made mistakes" to "Bush is a lying Satan worshipper." (Credit WoW for that one.)

But, Iraq WAS involved in terror. We know for sure that Saddam funded Palestinian suicide bombers, promising large amounts of cash to the families of bombers who killed Israeli civilians. It's not beyond the realm of possibility to think that if he openly funded people who kill our allies, that he might decide to fund those who kill us. Is that deduction alone cause enough to invade his country? Probably not. But is the world better off without Saddam in power? YES. For one, Palestinian suicide bombers aren't getting 30 Gs for killing Israelis anymore.

Now for the Richard Clarke guy. He may well be telling the truth. His timing is impeccable, and his profits will undoubtedly be pretty nice; but that doesn't make him a liar. What I would like to know is this: If he knew the country was under such a severe threat from Al Qaida back in 2001, and that the President wasn't doing sh*t about it, why in the world didn't he blow the whistle then? Why didn't he go out to the roof-top of the tallest building in D.C. and tell the world what the President was deliberately ignoring? If he knew so much, why didn't we hear about it from him then? Why did he wait until he was passed over for the #2 job in the Homeland Security department? Ask yourselves this question. If Mr. Clarke had gotten the job in Homeland Security, do you think we'd be reading his book right now?

I think those are legitamate questions that deserve an answer, and until I hear Mr. Clarke answer them, I'm withholding judgement on whether or not what he says his completely true. Does that seem fair to all of you? Or am I just a blind, uneducated, bushbrainwashed conservative moron?

Wait, don't answer that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 05:09:52 PM by Ted »

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2004, 05:07:46 PM »
Hey, no problem here....Clinton was that good of a leader either.  Always thinking with the wrong head.  Never was in his camp at all.

When it comes to politics....I like to think of myself as an agnostic.  I don't believe in anything.....especially if it comes from the mouth of a politician.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jn

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2004, 05:13:30 PM »
Well okay then Ted.  It would be funny if less people believed, *cough* moronic cow orkers *cough*.  

Oh, and it would be funny if there wasn't some dingbat still wasting the taxpayers money and the courts time with a lawsuit to access more records of one of FIVE investigations that ruled it a suicide.  

"Clinton Lovers"? Perhaps you just meant people with something resembling a brain and a moral compass when it comes to accusing people of murdering their friends? You know, kinda like when I will call BS on people who claim Bush let 9/11 happen for political advantage.    

jn

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 05:18:18 PM »
"Or am I just a blind, uneducated, bushbrainwashed conservative moron?"

Oh Ted, you're not blind.  ;)

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2004, 05:20:22 PM »
Well okay then Ted.  It would be funny if less people believed, *cough* moronic cow orkers *cough*.  

Oh, and it would be funny if there wasn't some dingbat still wasting the taxpayers money and the courts time with a lawsuit to access more records of one of FIVE investigations that ruled it a suicide.  

"Clinton Lovers"? Perhaps you just meant people with something resembling a brain and a moral compass when it comes to accusing people of murdering their friends? You know, kinda like when I will call BS on people who claim Bush let 9/11 happen for political advantage.
Yes, Clinton DID have quite a moral compass. As I recall it always pointed due north when any member of the opposite sex was nearby. :blink:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:  

No, but seriously jn. All FIVE of those investigators were either paid off or threatened to rule it a suicide.  ;)  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2004, 05:23:27 PM »
He was probably tappin Mrs. Clinton.  Not that I condone it...BUT I UNDERSTAND!
Paul

jn

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 05:35:45 PM »
Ken Starr was one of them.  Dang!  Even he caved in.