Author Topic: Another suspension for the Kobester?  (Read 11407 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Another suspension for the Kobester?
« on: March 07, 2007, 03:04:55 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270306016

Of course he was merely following thru on his shot when his right elbow again swung 110 degrees while Jaric clearly threw his face into Kobes way, fouling Kobe in the process.  But the NBA may still come down unfairly on the Kobester.

Could he get an emergency hearing tommorow to negate any would be ruling?

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Another suspension for the Kobester?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 11:20:36 AM »
I was actually going to bring this up.

Another shot-block attempt - another elbow-swing into a player's face.

This is *NOT* coincidence.  And last night, it got called.

Bryant won't miss any games for this - but he should.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »
He should be suspended for 10 games and be fined for this.  Kobe is clearly being an asshole, and the league should call him on it!  It should be patently obvious that Kobe is doing this intentionally, it is no accident!

It is completely unacceptable to take take a cheap shot on an opponent under any circumstances, and attempting to conceal it as a follow though on a shot indicates that Kobe is a dirty player.

Got that! a dirty player.

Not a decent role model, not someone worthy of endorsement deals, not someone you should want an autograph from.  Someone with superior talent and ability, lacking in consideration for others.

If he really had character he'd be ashamed of his actions.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:57:34 PM »
I was actually going to bring this up.

Another shot-block attempt - another elbow-swing into a player's face.

This is *NOT* coincidence.  And last night, it got called.

Bryant won't miss any games for this - but he should.

While Manu got all ball, Jaric actually hit part of Kobe's forearm that caused the arm to move and got NO ball.  If you don't believe me try doing a shooting motion and hit yourself on the forearm while following through.   You will see your arm go off to the side.  Instead of straight up and down.  Now the problem is Kobe did get fouled and Jaric did cause his arm to go off to the side (this is a natural movement if you get hit) the problem is he overexaggerated it and clocked him.

He should get suspended for this one and should not have got suspended for the first one.  The first one should have been a warning as he did not want to injure Manu.  This one, while I don't think he wanted to injure Jaric, would warrant a suspension for the fact it has happened again.  That is my personal take on it.

Pretty much Kobe hates Euros.  I am convinced!  He must have been picked on in Italy as a child.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:06:19 PM »
westkoast you beat me to the punch. I was going to start a thread accusing Kobe of being a xenophobe.  ;D

Busy now, more about Kobe and the rest of the game later.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »
Why doesn't the League go after that socially inept, butt-f**king rapist, dirty player Kevin Garnett instead? Talk about favoritism!!!

Just because Garnett has no paper trail to any of that.........   
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 04:25:39 PM »
Pretty much Kobe hates Euros.

Argentina is in Europe, now....hmmmm! :)  I'm thinking Kobe's hate is non-discriminatory, Euros, Hispanics, they're all worthy of a smack in the face. 
Though I disagree with the suspension for Manu's hit, Hispanics don't count, right WOW?

Instead of straight up and down.  Now the problem is Kobe did get fouled and Jaric did cause his arm to go off to the side (this is a natural movement if you get hit) the problem is he overexaggerated it and clocked him.

sorry, wk my only rebuttal to this is, "oh PUH-leeeze!"  I'm not letting you defend Kobe without comment on this one.

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 04:26:25 PM »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 04:43:54 PM »
Though I disagree with the suspension for Manu's hit, Hispanics don't count, right WOW?

Do any of us really want to live in a country where you can't just hit your hispanic whenever you feel like?  What next, you can't beat your own dog?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 04:48:12 PM »
They suspended him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2790534

Wow, almost the same exact play.  Lucky for Jaric, Kobe wasn't wearing his wristband with 4 inch iron spikes like he was when he hit Manuella otherwise he would have been writhing in pain on the floor like a gunshot victim.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 04:51:42 PM »
Wow, almost the same exact play.  Lucky for Jaric, Kobe wasn't wearing his wristband with 4 inch iron spikes like he was when he hit Manuella otherwise he would have been writhing in pain on the floor like a gunshot victim.

I've seen better bait at end-of-season sales along northern lakes.  Maybe you should try fishing with this one on fanhome.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 06:31:28 PM »
While Manu got all ball, Jaric actually hit part of Kobe's forearm that caused the arm to move and got NO ball.  If you don't believe me try doing a shooting motion and hit yourself on the forearm while following through.   You will see your arm go off to the side.  Instead of straight up and down.  Now the problem is Kobe did get fouled and Jaric did cause his arm to go off to the side (this is a natural movement if you get hit) the problem is he overexaggerated it and clocked him.

sorry, wk my only rebuttal to this is, "oh PUH-leeeze!"  I'm not letting you defend Kobe without comment on this one.

Reminds you of those police and insurance company reports that document what the drivers interpet:
"I was going down the road and the tree just jumped over the curb and struck my bumper"
"Kobe was just driving down the road and...."

Do any of us really want to live in a country where you can't just hit your hispanic whenever you feel like?  What next, you can't beat your own dog?
  Stern must really be upset and jealous after Kobe gave his wife the 4 million dollar rock but did not get him the same.
Payback...

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 07:12:23 PM »
The way I see it, Kobe does the exaggerated swing through to try and draw the fould at least 5-10 times per game.  99.9% of the time it is when he and the defender are facing each other and Kobe rotates the ball below his waist and then up and through for the jumper.  The defender often reaches in, Kobe flails his arms in exaggeration and he sometimes gets the call.  Since the player is in front him typically, there's minimal contact, if any, and it's no biggie. 

Now, we've seen twice where this play happens but the player going for the block is coming from a side angle.  In these instances Kobe goes for the exaggerated swing through and blamo, knock's the opponent in the head/face area.  I don't see this as a malicious, or dirty hit like some of you.  That said, it's starting to be a problem since it's now happened twice in a matter of months, the league is obviously trying to nip it in the bud and that really all there is to it, IMO. 

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »
He should be suspended for 10 games and be fined for this.  Kobe is clearly being an asshole, and the league should call him on it!  It should be patently obvious that Kobe is doing this intentionally, it is no accident!

It is completely unacceptable to take take a cheap shot on an opponent under any circumstances, and attempting to conceal it as a follow though on a shot indicates that Kobe is a dirty player.

Got that! a dirty player.

Not a decent role model, not someone worthy of endorsement deals, not someone you should want an autograph from.  Someone with superior talent and ability, lacking in consideration for others.

If he really had character he'd be ashamed of his actions.

Get a grip, rick.  10 games?!?!  That is laughable. 

Perhaps he should whack someone over the head with a chair at a bowling alley, or perhaps brandish a firearm before he's worthy of giving an autograph.

It's funny, the opponent who took the hit doesn't feel he should be suspended, yet you feel 10 games is appropriate, your bias is really shining bright on this one.

Jaric said he was surprised that Bryant was suspended.

"I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 07:35:18 PM »
Why doesn't the League go after that socially inept, butt-f**king rapist, dirty player Kevin Garnett instead? Talk about favoritism!!!

Just because Garnett has no paper trail to any of that.........   

The league would go after that pedophile Garnett, but unfortunately all of its resources are currently being tied up trying to process all of Ron Artest's legal transgressions.  The good news is that they expect to be caught up sometime in the spring of 2011 and at that time they'll be able to re-allocate some resources to penalize other criminals.