Author Topic: Another suspension for the Kobester?  (Read 11409 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Another suspension for the Kobester?
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2007, 07:16:33 PM »
Another reason why Texans should keep their burritos in their wrappers.

Why should they when Californians are so eager to eat them?

Didn't know that Texas Longhorns swung that way, but then, aren't they becoming extinct?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
MSC,

It was a second offense in less than a month, and apparently a part of Kobe's repetoire.  Even moving so as to draw a foul while shooting is a dishonest play.  Some may call it smart, but it is unsportsmanlike.  It is as bad as a player who flops for minimal contact. 

Well then I guess Michael Jordan, Dominic Wilkens, Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Allen Iverson and Dwayne Wade are all dishonest and unsportsmanlike. 

This is why it should be a stiff suspension- one time, maybe an accident, but he draw blood so he get's a one gamer.  Less than a month later, he hits another player upside the head, putting him on the ground.  Kobe is being an ass, and this is a blemish on an otherwise very talented player. 10 games and a fine and he won't do it again, which is the point of a punishment. 

I haven't seen any malice in either of these incidents.  I'm sure you saw the Duke/NC play last weekend, now that was clearly malice and intent, I don't see either with these two similar plays within a month with Kobe. 

Stern has handed down very stiff suspensions for throwing punches.  Isn't what Kobe is doing with this exagerated movement, a punch?  It sure looks that way.  With the league having an image problem, getting rep as a league filled with thugs quick to get into fights, the last thing they need is one of their stars doing the Kobe flail, and hitting players in the head.

We clearly disagree on this matter, but good lord you're comparing this to a punch?  Really?  A closed fist, I'm gonna punch you in the face, punch?  I can't even see that comparision.  However, if it Kobe did punch someone or throw an intentional punch, then of course he, just like any other player, should be suspended and fined accordingly.  Again, I don't see intent or malice here, but I guess I'm on crack. 

Maybe Stern has adopted a three strikes and you're out policy with Kobe.  My concern is that another 1 game suspension tells Kobe, yeah, you can cheap shot your opponent, but you'll have to sit a game if you do. A second offense has to be stiffer than the first, since the first obviously didn't act as a deterrent!

I would echo the sentiment of Skander's post in this thread.  Hate Kobe all you want, but there isn't another player in the league who wants to be on the floor competing more than he does, including your boy AI. 

You know MSC, there is no one more brain dead when it comes to baskeball, no one more ignorant of the game nor more full of unreasoning dislike of Kobe that posts here except Rick unless of course it is his idol, whom he clearly does his best to emulate.
The only one who comes even remotely close to those 2 is JoMal, and believe me JoMal, it pains me to do so, hence I apolgize for even lumping you in that category.

I simply don't know why you attempt to debate such an idiotic assertion as the one Rick made, suspend him for 10 games, give me a break!

I love how his hatred of Kobe is OK, his judging his intent is OK, and his calling hm names is OK, but I recall his running to Iverson defense and slamming me down whenever I called him (Iverson) the scum sucking pig that he is and saying I was wrong to pass judgement on him or his character, that I had no idea what was in his head, or what he did or did not intend when he threatened his friends with a gun, threw his wife outside naked or any of the other pig like conduct Iverson is wont to do and here he is, bubbling over with hypocracy, judging Kobe's intent, just knowing that Kobe is trying to hurt people, does that not, my dear MSC, say it all?
Dan

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 08:56:20 AM »
love how his hatred of Kobe is OK, his judging his intent is OK, and his calling hm names is OK, but I recall his running to Iverson defense and slamming me down whenever I called him (Iverson) the scum sucking pig that he is and saying I was wrong to pass judgement on him or his character, that I had no idea what was in his head, or what he did or did not intend when he threatened his friends with a gun, threw his wife outside naked or any of the other pig like conduct Iverson is wont to do and here he is, bubbling over with hypocracy, judging Kobe's intent, just knowing that Kobe is trying to hurt people, does that not, my dear MSC, say it all?

Only in the mind of a moron jackass, who can't see past the penumbra of his heroes ass!

Kobe is a dirty player- he has hit people several times in his career in situations with an exagerated flail- which it is clearly something he cultivated.  Phil Jackson his coach is trying to send in a tape, showing that this is Kobe's natural movement.

There's nothing natural about it from a physics standpoint!  It is clearly designed to create the impression of contact, or actual to create contact.

10 games is entirely reasonable, unless you think it's ok for players to hit each other on shots where there would otherwise be no contact! 

Last night, Kobe elbowed Kyle Korver in the face while he was dribbling.  It's part of Kobe's m.o.  "You inferior player, insulting me by trying to play defense on me?"  BAM! Take that. No foul was called.

Rather than see Kobe get a suspension,  I'd much rather see someone get up and clock him.  Then, maybe Kobe will realize that he is a dirty player, in spite of his objections to the contrary.

Finally, this is about no one else, and not about anything else Kobe does.  Just his penchant for taking cheap shots.  Something Laker Fan has tried to learn, but failed at miserably.

I didn't call Kobe any names, other than what he has demonstrated himself to be by his own actions.  The NBA has suspended him twice for the action in less than a month.  GO AHEAD, DEFEND HIM ALL YOU WANT- MORON!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 11:01:41 AM »
Another reason why Texans should keep their burritos in their wrappers.

Why should they when Californians are so eager to eat them?

Didn't know that Texas Longhorns swung that way, but then, aren't they becoming extinct?

Personally I have never shared my burrito with any Californian.  But as I have heard around these parts...it is better to be a dying breed Longhorn than some sissy Shorthorn.  And that's no bull!
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 11:01:20 AM »
Well, in that case you certainly will not be disappointed.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »
Pampers elbow to Korver has been reclassified as a Flagrant 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2795315

No suspension however, so things can remain as is at the combine.

Following the Jaric incident, which occurred just over a month after Bryant's tangle with Ginobili, Jackson told ESPN.com: "We considered suspending [Bryant] for multiple games. ... If this happens again, most likely, there will be multiple games.

"Since I've been here, I've not seen this type of conduct exhibited by a player -- driving his arm backwards and making contact above the shoulder -- I have not seen that."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 03:31:46 PM »
Pampers elbow to Korver has been reclassified as a Flagrant 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2795315

No suspension however, so things can remain as is at the combine.

Following the Jaric incident, which occurred just over a month after Bryant's tangle with Ginobili, Jackson told ESPN.com: "We considered suspending [Bryant] for multiple games. ... If this happens again, most likely, there will be multiple games.

"Since I've been here, I've not seen this type of conduct exhibited by a player -- driving his arm backwards and making contact above the shoulder -- I have not seen that."

Reality, you forgot a couple of other good quotes from the article.  Just like Kobe's elbows, I'm sure it was unintentional.  No worries, I'll help you out: 

"As players, we know during a game when someone is trying to hurt you or be mean, and I never thought that was what was happening," Jaric told ESPN.com last week. "So I'm really surprised by [the suspension]. I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally. I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

Korver offered similar sentiments to the Philadelphia Daily News in response to Friday's incident, saying: "I didn't think it was that big a deal. I thought it was an offensive foul. After I saw it on replay, it looked a lot worse than I thought it was during the game. It all happens fast. It's no big deal. It's just part of the game."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »
Stu and Stern are just pickin on Kobe.

I will say I concur all three players have said they were fine with getting cheapshotted by Kobe.
Could Stern and Kobe have had some falling out?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 04:00:59 PM »
Ginobili - Jaric - Korver  ???

When Kobe puts an elbow into Bowen or Artest, THEN we will see how intentional it was.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 05:48:27 PM »
Ginobili - Jaric - Korver  ???

When Kobe puts an elbow into Bowen or Artest, THEN we will see how intentional it was.

IMO you could move Bowen into the upper group.  Guys reactions I'd like to see are Ron-Ron, Rasheed and Shaq :o!!!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »
Move over Rick Mahorn, Bill Laimbeer, Karl Malone and Dennis Rodman.  Kobe is the new bad boy in town ... oooh. 

This is a frickin' joke!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2007, 07:33:30 PM »
Logical explanation is that for the first time in his career he is not getting the calls.
Frustration set in a long time ago.  Alleiviated when Phil came back to coach and .666 ball was played till Dec.
Now that Reality is setting in the Kobester is very frustrated.

His father can't afford to pay off the NBA players like he used to the neighborhood parents.
Kobadiah is not adjusting well.

What is Shaqs record without Wade this year?
I know the Kobester is back to career ave of .500 without Shaq.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2007, 12:00:46 PM »
Rickortreat, the new standard of hypocritical idiocy, coming to a BBS near you.

And please watch the profanity, of course, unless you simply fall into the category of someone who demonstrates by its use your inability to reinforce your argument with logic and reason, which is exactly what I believe to be the case.

Have a nice day Rick, I'm done with you on this topic.
Dan

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do you really want to hurt Kobe?
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:41 PM »
Swinging out my elbow comes to me so unnaturally.
When I'm dogged on D.   So Dogged on Dee ee eee eeee.

That was actually pretty funny.

However, the story of Boy George is truly a sad one - this guy had so much talent, but totally flamed out on drugs.

-RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
Thanks rick and RB.

I'm sticking with the intelligent reviews. ;)