Author Topic: Trivia Q. Best 5 year NBA record  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
What about Championships?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 09:39:10 PM »
Hey Reality!   

I thought Sixer coach completely misused Chocolate Thunder or the other two blights could have been averted.

NOW you are on a subject right up the alley of Joe V and me - the late '70s -early '80s...the time of 'McFilthy' and 'McNasty'!

Reality, I absolutely agree with you that Dawkins was horribly utilized by every single Sixers coach he played for.  If he was playing today in the NBA, he would be the top power forward bar none in the entire league.  Just think of a bigger, stronger, BETTER Amare Stoudemire - that was Dawkins...

Man, those Sixers teams were badass in the early 'eighties - examples:

1981-82 - Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, Caldwell Jones, Maurice Cheeks, Lionel Hollins, Darryl Dawkins, Andrew Toney

1982-83 - Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, Moses Malone, Andrew Toney, Maurice Cheeks. Clint Richardson, Clemon Johnson, Marc Iavaroni

Why do you call the '80s the 'dark' times?  Let me hear your clearly reasoned argument supporting this label, before I hit you with my favorite Emoticon in an unreasoning fit of pique.

Over a 5 year span, I think that one has to consider the ultimate results- did they win it all?  If so, then obviously the LAL and the Bulls get the nod, with Three-peats in the modern era.

-RB
Shaq #1
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:07:53 PM by Rolando Blackman »
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What about Championships?
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 05:01:29 PM »
Hey Reality!   

I thought Sixer coach completely misused Chocolate Thunder or the other two blights could have been averted.

Reality, I absolutely agree with you that Dawkins was horribly utilized by every single Sixers coach he played for.  If he was playing today in the NBA, he would be the top power forward bar none in the entire league.  Just think of a bigger, stronger, BETTER Amare Stoudemire - that was Dawkins...

Man, those Sixers teams were badass in the early 'eighties - examples:

1981-82 - Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, Caldwell Jones, Maurice Cheeks, Lionel Hollins, Darryl Dawkins, Andrew Toney

1982-83 - Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, Moses Malone, Andrew Toney, Maurice Cheeks. Clint Richardson, Clemon Johnson, Marc Iavaroni

Why do you call the '80s the 'dark' times?  Let me hear your clearly reasoned argument supporting this label, before I hit you with my favorite Emoticon in an unreasoning fit of pique.

Over a 5 year span, I think that one has to consider the ultimate results- did they win it all?  If so, then obviously the LAL and the Bulls get the nod, with Three-peats in the modern era.

-RB
Shaq #1
It's agreed.
Dawkins gets unfairly pegged as the scapegoat for Sixer failures.

"Dark" times were brought on in the summer of 1986 by Lenny Bias death and Sterns breaking the Rockets arms by suspending two guards.  With all due respect to the upstart Pistons, i believe we see at least two more Celt-Laker Finals that you and the gang at Matt and Tonys would still be rapping about.  Lenny Bias could have taken over minutes at the F spot, allowing either a three man Forward rotation of Bird, McHale and Bias to team with All Time leading rebounder Bob Parish, or McHale sliding over to Center to relieve Bob, leaving Bird and Bias at the forward spots.  Try guarding that Michael Thompson. :D
I have WayOutWest on undeniable record as saying the Celts win at least one of those.  Either way RoBL i know you would be up for a couple more Celt-Laker finals.  Yeah yeah the injured Celts were there in '87 for you parrots (not you RB).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 05:03:34 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Trivia Q. Best 5 year NBA record
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 05:18:55 PM »
Since we're playing the "what if" game, had Magic not gone down the Lakers three-peat in the 80's.  If Shaq had Kobe's drive and work ethic the Lakers would be gunning for their 8-peat and challenging the Celtics gifted 60's run in the NBA.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 06:06:15 PM »
WayOutWest
If Phil Jackson coached the Spurs from 2002 onward they have won 4 straight titles 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 08:09:43 PM »
Now if you would please allow RobL and I to go back to our '87 Finals.  Lenny  Bias just burned around Michael Thompson for a slam dunk.  However Byron Scott alertly took the ball out of bounds immediately.  He got the ball to Magic who in turn threw it up to a streaking James Worthy for the layup over Ainge.  It's Game 1 80-80 after three quarters.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 03:31:52 PM »
I can't contribute to any discussion without bringing up the Lakers.  I love the Lakers, I need the Lakers, I yearn for Kobe's jock and I hate the world for the lack of Laker love I get.

Dude?  WTF!  You should seek peace and happiness from sources other than the Lakers, maybe that way you wouldn't be so bitter when you don't get any Kobe man-love.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »
None of that bull for me.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 01:23:06 PM »
Bob Parish just swatted Mychal Thompsons shot.
DJ coralled the rebound, up to Lenny Bias for a thunderous slam dunk.
96-90 Celts with 4 minutes to go.

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reality, I agree with you 100%
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »
Hey Reality!

You have got me pegged all the way - to an old-school LAL fan such as me, there are no more glorious years than those of 'Showtime', featuring Earvin "Magic' Johnson at the helm.   And, even though I am one of the OGs of the 'Fabulous Forum Celtic Busters' (Chickie Baby...snif), I also am with you 100% that Bias' OD death marked the end of the competitive years of the Celtics franchise - they haven't done anything significant since this happened.  Sadly, it doesn't seem like this storied franchise is in store for a turn-around any time in the next decade or so - jeez, even the Knicks' (!) outlook is better than that of the Celtics...bwahahaha!!!  Sorry Celtics fans - I couldn't resist...LOL

-RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?