Author Topic: Just noticed the old MSNBC boards are back.  (Read 18627 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: Just noticed the old MSNBC boards are back.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 03:32:04 PM »
I went and took a look, not a hotbed of B-ball knowledge like it is here, I read the Chris Webber thread and saw a bunch of homers talking like he would be a great fit in LA when this is clearly not the case and they gave ZERO reasons to back up their assertions, not impressed.

Aside from a couple of brain dead morons who shall remain nameless, the knowledge on this board is impressive, it would be nice though, to lure a few more fans of other teams over here, add some diversity.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »
I went and took a look, not a hotbed of B-ball knowledge like it is here, I read the Chris Webber thread and saw a bunch of homers talking like he would be a great fit in LA when this is clearly not the case and they gave ZERO reasons to back up their assertions, not impressed.

Aside from a couple of brain dead morons who shall remain nameless, the knowledge on this board is impressive, it would be nice though, to lure a few more fans of other teams over here, add some diversity.

It really would be nice to pull some fans of other teams onto this board.  Especially some Eastern Conference fans.  This board really does favor the western conference alot.  Not that it is a bad thing because the WC is the bestern conference  ;D

Makes me want to post as 'CaliKid' my OG posting name before I took on the westkoast name!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:23 PM »
Makes me want to post as 'CaliKid' my OG posting name before I took on the westkoast name!

I guess the hetero in you keeps you from using that nick huh?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:21:20 PM »

That and the fact I am not a kid anymore  ;D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 11:32:14 PM »

Yea, but you're still a punk weAKkoast!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 11:12:21 AM »

Yea, but you're still a punk weAKkoast!

You wanna knuckle up at Tito's tacos?!  ;D

(man just typing that makes me hungry for Tito's tacos, for those out of town it is a popular spot in Culver City)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 11:48:25 AM »

(man just typing that makes me hungry for Tito's tacos, for those out of town it is a popular spot in Culver City)

I used to shop at the Culver City Costco and always saw a line out the door at the place so I finally decided to try it and was not impressed at all.  I'd take a Jack-N-Box grease pie taco over Tito's.  What do you know about tacos anyway pendejo!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 12:52:20 PM »

I used to shop at the Culver City Costco and always saw a line out the door at the place so I finally decided to try it and was not impressed at all.  I'd take a Jack-N-Box grease pie taco over Tito's.  What do you know about tacos anyway pendejo!

'Koast, I've got your back on this one.  I love me some Tito's Taco's.  I used to live in Mar Vista and hit it up all the time.  I haven't been there in a few years, but constantly crave it ... might have to roll down there today ...

WOW, you're on dope if you think Jack in the Crack's tacos can even be mentioned in the same breath.  Yeah, they're both deep fried for your health, but thats where the similarities end.  Plus, Tito's has the freshest, lightest tomato salsa.  It's very mild, but very tasty.  Then when you need the heat, which I do, you ask for the green salsa, which is basically just diced Jalepeno's .... oh yeah!  Dang I'm hungry .... is it lunchtime yet? 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »

I have mexican blood in me Mr. Wayoutwack!  Plus my significant other is Latina.  Anyone who knows me knows I am a sucker for some Carne Asada tacos.  I go to every place possible to test the places tacos.  You tell me what a better place to get tacos in LA and ill hit it this weekend to see if I agree. 

Tito's tacos are sooo much better then Jack In The Crack.  Plus for like 4 bucks you can get alot of food that you don't have to worry about someone spitting in or frying up a cockroach next to!  Tito's is good eats.  MSC agrees so its settled lol

Msc the salsa is pretty good.  So is that beef and bean burrito, although messy as hell.  Although I feel it is not quite as spicey as it could be.  Probably to cater to all the white americans who show up there!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:18:08 PM by westkoast »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 01:25:52 PM »
^^^Yes, the salsa is very mild.  I'm a big fan of all things spicy, but I like flavor and deliciousness first and that's why I like Tito's salsa.  Have you tried the green?  If not, ask for it next time.  I like to use the chips to scoop the red on to the taco then add a little green on top for heat. 

The burritos are good too, very messy and super hot when you first bite in to 'em. 

I'm a mutt-whitey, but grew up in San Gabriel and basically thought I was a Mexican until I was 12 or 13 ... does that count?   :D

I too consider myself a huge taco and burrito connesouir.  IMO, comparing Tito's to Mexican style tacos is like comparing apples to oranges.  They're just not the same.  Tito's is clearly a gringo style taco ... but that doesn't make them any less delicious.  I have to stop rambling about this now b/c my mouth is starting to water!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 05:21:08 PM »
.....a popular spot in Culver City)

Do you know what an oxymoron is?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 05:22:52 PM »
I too consider myself a huge taco and burrito connesouir.  IMO, comparing Tito's to Mexican style tacos is like comparing apples to oranges.  They're just not the same.  Tito's is clearly a gringo style taco ... but that doesn't make them any less delicious.  I have to stop rambling about this now b/c my mouth is starting to water!

I guess I have to kick some knowledge to you two coconuts, although you guys are self described reverse coconuts.  There are differences amoung the same foods from Mexico.  Taco's down south are different than the ones from up north.  Southern Mexico does not fry their taco's and their "street tacos" as they're called in these parts, come with onions, cilantro, tomatos, avacado and salsa with a squirt of lemon juice.  You'll find a ton of taco stands in my neighboorhood and they're starting to pop up everywhere, you might catch one at Staples center next to those bacon/hotdog stands.  Northern Mexico does deep fry their taco's ala Tito's and they only put onions, cilantro and salsa on their taco's.  There are no burrito's in Mexico.  Best burrito anywhere is on 20th street and Western, one block north of the 10 fwy, it's called Cabelita's but it's hit and miss with their food, most of the times it's great but every now and then you get some old tomatos or guac that gives it a sour taste.  Best taco's anywhere is a placed called Taurino's on Hoover or Union and Olympic but I've heard they're not what they used to be, they are a northern style taco shop but they don't deep fry.

Please don't even try to compare your knowledge of Mexican food to mine, you're at a severe and insurmountable disadvantage.  Once place that is very authentic, acording to my parents, is a place called El Cholo.  I've been there a few times but mostly to drink.  It's on Western between Pico and Olympic, walking distance from my parents house, I think there is more than one restaurant from the same owner but the one on Western is the OG.  OG is GANGSTA TALK!!!<---Howard Stern reference.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »
All you Beaners should be aware that JoMal makes the best tacos and the best Chile Verde ever made. He also makes the best Shrimp Ceviche north of Guadalajara.

JoMal's Mexican food is so much superior to those who claim originality in the cuisine that it shames me to laud it over you peasants of pheasant stalk.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 05:45:02 PM »
Gee...all you Californians arguing about Mexican food.  Which, in America, does not resemble anything remotely close to the cuisine you actually find in Mexico.  Then there is the difference between western Mexico and eastern Mexico...not too mention the north vs south differences alluded to by WOW.

Now if you want to discuss Americanized Mexican food then it really boils down to two styles: MexiCali and TexMex.  Obviously each derives its name from the great state that gave rise to the style.  And even then you can find differences within the states.  For example - TexMex in San Antonio is different than TexMex in Dallas.  What is really funny (except to the taste buds) is to go to a "Mexican" restaurant in the midwest.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues