Author Topic: Demerol contributions accepted  (Read 2942 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Demerol contributions accepted
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
By the way Dan, Philadelphia is the official capital of the "We Hate the Cowboys" club.  America's team my Butt!  When the Eagles aren't winning, the biggest games are the ones against Dallas, as long as we beat them, we're happy.

I hate the Cryboys so much, I exclude them when referring to teams in the NFL. To me, they do not exist. The Niner games against the Cryboys seemed to always come down to an offensive pass interference call on Michael Irving, initiated by Irving grabbing the defender and pulling him over on top of him, but the damned refs would always reward the Cryboys with the penalty.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 03:07:51 PM »
Drayton Florence head-butting Daniel Graham, if there was ever a year to instill EXTRA discipline in a team that was clearly drunk with victory (we're talking 10 straight weeks with a W), punishments, fines, and maybe suspensions to curb the antics of some of the players might have helped allay this bonehead move by Florence.  Discipline is a coach's job, the coach was you Marty Schottenheimer.  You're FIRED!

I had been noticing Florence for several series prior to his head-butting idiocy. On one play, he turned to argue something with the ref as the play (the tackle) was still going on RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!! Which he was too involved with the ref to pay any attention to. He also got beat on the following touchdown. After a while, I just kept watching #29 to see what else the moron would do next. Sure enough, a Pats player shoved him at the conclusion of a play, so he got up and head-butted him. Oops.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 03:33:51 PM »
Why do you loath the Chargers?  You're not a Raiders fan are you?  It's not even fun watching the Chargers treat the Faders like the ghetto-ho-biznatches, it's like beating up on the retarded.

We Raider fans are loyal. Hating the Chargers is a normal, healthy outlet for being forced to root for a pathetic team that is writhing in the throes of dispair.
One of you vermin showed up and tried posing as a seatholder in the stand area behind our seats.  When he cut in front of us, -albeit timely so as sort of not disturb us- to high 5 the 6 UnPatriot scums seated in front of us, i had stadium security run him.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 04:00:36 PM »
Why do you loath the Chargers?  You're not a Raiders fan are you?  It's not even fun watching the Chargers treat the Faders like the ghetto-ho-biznatches, it's like beating up on the retarded.

We Raider fans are loyal. Hating the Chargers is a normal, healthy outlet for being forced to root for a pathetic team that is writhing in the throes of dispair.
One of you vermin showed up and tried posing as a seatholder in the stand area behind our seats.  When he cut in front of us, -albeit timely so as sort of not disturb us- to high 5 the 6 UnPatriot scums seated in front of us, i had stadium security run him.

Obviously not a Raider fan, or you would have been stabbed with a makeshift shive made out of several semi-empty beer cups.

Got to go to the Raider's season finale at the Oakland Coloseum against K.C.

While the game was a bit sad to watch, the actual "fun" was in the stands and before and after the game. Attending a Raider game is sort of the ultimate survival test. The "fans" judge you as new meat, and base your significance on how many games you have actually been too. Any discussion with them gets that point mentioned more then once.

Venders cuss out girls who ask then not to drip soda on their heads. Impromptu dance routines start up during every time out, not unusual, but if the dance is viewed as subpar, the dancer had better be thickskinned and quick (to leave the area). Fights? You betcha!!! We were in the Black Hole end zone, but up above them, so we could look down at their activities. On both sides of us, fights broke out nearby that continued for several minutes. Hard to pick out the participants, but the people around them did enough back pounding to let you know where it was taking place. In the Black Hole, security threw down a fan hard and cuffed him up and led him out as others pelted them with anything handy. That one was the ugliest scene. As we left, there were more gang members in the exiting crowd then you would see in any neighborhood in Oakland. I have to assume that Oakland Coloseum is neutral ground.

You could see families with young children get extremely paranoid by the language and references being made as we filed across the gangway (play on words there!) that leads to BART. You get in real close proximity to everyone else and, while I felt okay about it, others in the mob were extremely scared. Nothing happened, but taking a younster to a Raider game just doesn't make much sense to me.   

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »
Skander,

First of all, Troy Brown didn't "bat" away an attempted lateral ... he STRIPPED the ball.  What play were you watching?  Tim and I made fun of you for it, because in your enraged state you somehow saw a phantom lateral that never actually occured.  I hate the Pats as much as anyone, but give credit where credit is due.  Troy Brown made a GREAT play (which he always seems to do in big games) and simply knocked it out of there.

Also, the 54-yard attempted field goal by Kaeding to win the game was just that ... a 54-yard field goal!  It wasn't a chip shot by any means.  I pointed out before he even kicked it that he doesn't have the leg for that type of shot.  He's very accurate, but his leg strength is below average.  He's the Drew Brees of kickers.  They should have gotten closer to give him a legitimate shot.  But that's on them for wasting 20 while trying to call a play instead of just getting up there and spiking the ball.

Oh, and since I haven't posted yet, Marty is an idiot.  His team didn't play well when they needed to, and he made two STUPID decisions during the course of the game that cost his team (possibly) three points and a timeout.  Going for it on 4th-and-11 was, bar none, one of the DUMBEST decisions I've EVER seen a coach make in playoff football.  Just jaw-droppingly stupid.  And then to waste a challenge and (subsequently) a timeout on the forced fumble that had NO chance of getting overturned was almost as bad.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 04:40:28 PM »
JoMal Obviously not a Raider fan, or you would have been stabbed with a makeshift shive made out of several semi-empty beer cups. 

1995 Week 12 the Raiders were 8-2 with one of my faves Rocket at wideout.  Hostetler was having a good year.  Friend got tickets to Rayders hosting the defending Champ 9-1 Cowboys.  Do they not rate as the most hatable Cowboys team ever?  Irvin-Emmet-Deon Sanders.  That year they went on to *win* with Neil Odonell as their SuperBowl MVP.  I so wanted a db to hammer Michael Irin.

Anywho we flew up and i wore white.  Yep.  Old all white sweatshirt, also coincidentally bought new white tennies a few days prior.  Did not dawn on me i might be misidentified for Cowboy.  As we stode outside the stadium to the entrance, we observed the Cowboys bus being pelted with rocks and an assortment of other objects from Raiders fans.  Anywho made it to the seat fine.  No one hassling me in the stands, albeit we were 40 yard line but quite a ways up.
Then i had to take a leak.  Everyone in line had black on.  The line was 14 deep, you know how it is at most NFL older stadiums.  Trough, group style commode.  I was fine as long as i was in line, no one calling me out and i had two hands to at least deflect the first few blows.  Then i thought what is gonna happen as my back is turned while emptying?
Coffeeied up big time in the a.m., it was either piss my pants or belly up to the trough.

One of the most uncomfortable empties i have ever done.  Would it be an episode of Oz?  Amazingly no one said a word to me.  I think its because in spite of my clothes i gave no vibe of Cowboyism whatsoever.  Either that or their hangover from the night before was still lingering.  I don't care.  Altho i certainly was "relieved".  
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 04:43:25 PM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »
Two suggestions:

1) Simply buy a Raider shirt at the stadium. Some terrific vintage jerseys available and it shows a penchant for long-time loyalty. I own a Charles Woodson jersey, which I wore, and my wife had on a Jerry Rice Raider jersey. This can't be stressed enough. Buy a jersey at the stadium.

2) Use a stall instead of the trough. The troughs at the Coloseum are very vulnerable.

And size DOES matter when standing next to these guys. They back down on viewing.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »

Second - Marty Schottenheimer should be fired (thanked for helping to get a team that was in shambles to respectability) and matter-of-factly told, "You've taken us as far as your capable of, thank you, now go clean your desk out." 

Skander, while i don't think it's proper to pray over this, Miami may answer the "problem" by signing Shottenheimer to work his reg season rebuilding skill again.  GM AJ Smith may work it so not only do the Chargers not have to pay Shots final year, they may get a draft pick for him.
Please let this happen.