Author Topic: Denver over Lakers  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« on: April 07, 2006, 09:58:02 AM »
Anyone see that?
Talk about a roller coaster.

Final OT offensive possessions by Perple and Golden.

108-108
23 tics Ruben Patt blocks Kobmes shot.  
17 tics Lakers get rebound, Walton misses jumper
Kobe gets rebound 16 tics.  Think you ought to hold the ball for last shot, thus guaranteeing either win or worst case scenario tie?    Kobe thought he had the layup obviously but still, don't you want to guarantee Denver would not win in 1st OT?  I like teams that keep playing O in the stretch.  However in this case, i like to hold the ball.

He shots, misses.  Other end Mello hits very good fadeaway jumper for lead/game winner.  Lakers i would not be down on Devean Georges D.  That was just a tough shot.  I think he lost the ball for a split second on his dribble, thus George thought he was gonna go the other way and/or drive.

Final possession.  Good play by Lakers and i cannot believe Denver would allow a  clear 3 pt attempt :eek2:  by Walton at the buzzer.

Freaky roller coaster, one of many:  Denver bolts to a 17 pt lead in 1st.  Towards the end of the second they choke the entire lead away and i think Lakers even lead by 4 with like a couple minutes left in half.  Whereupon the Nuggets score like a 12-0 run in 2 minutes.

Carmellows getting away with the obvious double dribble. :rolleyes:
Kobmes face crinkling thuout when the fouls on him were so obvious. :rolleyes:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 10:22:42 AM »
Really was a screwy game.  Entertaining but screwy.  I thought the Lakers played horrible perimeter defense and Denver was able to really move the ball to the right players for easy baskets in the paint (over and over and over again).   The Lakers have had Denver's number the entire year up until last night.  According to the pre-game talk Phil Jackson and his staff said that it was hard to prepare for the Nuggets last night because they are not even running the same plays they were earlier in the season when the Lakers faced them.  

Props to that sweet fadeaway by Melo that was a beautiful shot and not much you can really do to defend it.

The Lakers ran the right play and it was the right shot just didn't fall.  Take the L and keep it moving...only problem is the Lakers have a b2b against the Suns tonight.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 10:23:36 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 11:11:56 AM »
Really was a screwy game.  Entertaining but screwy.  I thought the Lakers played horrible perimeter defense and Denver was able to really move the ball to the right players for easy baskets in the paint (over and over and over again).   The Lakers have had Denver's number the entire year up until last night.  According to the pre-game talk Phil Jackson and his staff said that it was hard to prepare for the Nuggets last night because they are not even running the same plays they were earlier in the season when the Lakers faced them.  

Props to that sweet fadeaway by Melo that was a beautiful shot and not much you can really do to defend it.

The Lakers ran the right play and it was the right shot just didn't fall.  Take the L and keep it moving...only problem is the Lakers have a b2b against the Suns tonight.
Missed seeing the game, so only got to read about it in this morning's newspaper article.

The article said that after Walton's miss (LUKE took the last shot? How strange), that POOR Kobe just "walked off the Pepsi Center court dejected, shrugging his shoulders as if wondering why he didn't get the ball."

I can't imagine POOR Kobe reacting that way, can any of you?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 12:06:13 PM »
Missed seeing the game, so only got to read about it in this morning's newspaper article.

The article said that after Walton's miss (LUKE took the last shot? How strange), that POOR Kobe just "walked off the Pepsi Center court dejected, shrugging his shoulders as if wondering why he didn't get the ball."

Game was chock full of Poor Kobe crinkling face and especially approaching refs and continuing to plead as foul shooter was well into 2nd FT.  Now keep in mind i don't care when players complain on bogus calls.  But Poor Kobe, well as we kind of know, he wants all the calls, bogus or not.  Best Poor Kobe of the night was a Melo drive whereupon Kobe was right on his arse from the behind spot.  Kwame stopped Melo from the front.  But Poor Kobe didn't stop, instead bumped into and hacked down for the ball and got all shoulder and arm of Mello.  

Another play prompted Steve Kerr (Huge Kobe worshipper) to comment on "Kobes theatrics well after the play to try and get the call when he was not hit) :rofl:

It could be that Mello is faintly approaching Poor Kobe in the favorable calls dept.  A double dribble no call last night was a doozy.  Perhaps with all Mellos mad *street cred* there are younger viewers to coral and jerseys other then #8 to sell.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 12:24:56 PM »
Really was a screwy game.  Entertaining but screwy.  I thought the Lakers played horrible perimeter defense and Denver was able to really move the ball to the right players for easy baskets in the paint (over and over and over again).   The Lakers have had Denver's number the entire year up until last night.  According to the pre-game talk Phil Jackson and his staff said that it was hard to prepare for the Nuggets last night because they are not even running the same plays they were earlier in the season when the Lakers faced them. 

The Lakers ran the right play and it was the right shot just didn't fall.  Take the L and keep it moving...only problem is the Lakers have a b2b against the Suns tonight.

LOL was JoMaL the writer of that article.  I love how Kobe cannot walk off the court disapointed they faught back into a game but ended up losing in OT without it being because of him not getting the ball.  Once again only furthers the point Ive been trying to make around here  :nod:  We all know how unbias the Sac Bee is when it comes to anything Laker related.  Sometimes I wonder how long alot of the residents are going to stay bitter towards the Lakers.

Reality, on the main play he complained about that was shown on TV you know he had a legit gripe about Ruben Paterson taking his legs out from under him and causing him to bend his leg funny.  Even Patterson came up to Kobe while he was at the foul line to apologize.  Ruben was going after the ball and did not do it on purpose but there was a no call whatsoever.  There was alot of one-sided calls last night that Kobe was arguing for.....and you both might not believe this but on two seperate occasions last night he was arguing for Sasha.  One time being when Carmelo shoved Sasha to the ground when he broke up a pass in transition and the other being where TWO offensive players pushed off Sasha and sent him flying to the ground only for the call to be made on Sasha.

Was he complaing/arguing alot last night? Yes, I think he has been letting his emotions get the best of him and he is riding the officials.  Seeing as only captains can actually argue calls and Odom (being the other captain) never really argues calls someone has to be constantly talking to the officials.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 12:27:42 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 12:25:04 PM »

Couldn't tell if POOR Kobe was dejected over Ruben Patterson locking him out from getting the ball (good lockdown D, Kobe of course wanted the call?) or if he was disappointed Walton didn't throw the ball to him anyways.

Hey Koast and all.  When tied 108-108 and Kobme with the O rebound at 16 seconds, what do you think about his missed shot vs holding the ball for the last shot and thus guaranteeing at the worst a 2nd OT?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 12:31:09 PM »
Reality, on the main play he complained about that was shown on TV you know he had a legit gripe about Ruben Paterson taking his legs out from under him and causing him to bend his leg funny.  Even Patterson came up to Kobe while he was at the foul line to apologize.  Ruben was going after the ball and did not do it on purpose but there was a no call whatsoever.  There was alot of one-sided calls last night that Kobe was arguing for.....and you both might not believe this but on two seperate occasions last night he was arguing for Sasha.  One time being when Carmelo shoved Sasha to the ground when he broke up a pass in transition and the other being where TWO offensive players pushed off Sasha and sent him flying to the ground only for the call to be made on Sasha.
The "main" play he complained about.  Which one? :rofl:   Did you see his hack of Melo that I am speaking of.

I'll give you this.  There was lots of hacking and pushing last night.  Denver is a scary team and place to play for threat of injury.  They play like out of shape world-depends-on-it (some) gym ballers.  After some nasty hacks and bumps it creates this hostile environment where it's almost impossible for the opponent not to get drawn into their game.

Spurs handing it to Denver after the opening game loss last year was sweet.  But I still would rather avoid them.  They're gonna hurt someone IMO.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 12:49:48 PM »
.....and you both might not believe this but on two seperate occasions last night he was arguing for Sasha.  One time being when Carmelo shoved Sasha to the ground when he broke up a pass in transition and the other being where TWO offensive players pushed off Sasha and sent him flying to the ground only for the call to be made on Sasha.
No the picture you posted of Kobe and Sasha has me believing.

Sasha :fire: did foul Mello on that play.  However it certainly did look like Mello responded by shoving him to the floor after that.  Not as hard as Sasha would have us believe, laying on the floor face down for 15 seconds for effect.  

Oh the theatrics he and Kobe could provide us. :wub:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 01:31:22 PM »

LOL was JoMaL the writer of that article.  I love how Kobe cannot walk off the court disapointed they faught back into a game but ended up losing in OT without it being because of him not getting the ball.  Once again only furthers the point Ive been trying to make around here  :nod:  We all know how unbias the Sac Bee is when it comes to anything Laker related.  Sometimes I wonder how long alot of the residents are going to stay bitter towards the Lakers.

Gee, wk, it is nice of you to think that the SacBee is so rich and is so devoted to anything Laker they would actually send a reporter to Denver to cover a game between LA and the Nuggets.

But no. It turns out the pro-Sacramento Kings/anti-anything Laker AP wire reporter put that tidbit in the article. Which apparently was picked up by other users of the AP service, such as the Internet sports pages, which, sorry, provided a bit more information on this little POOR Kobe post game antic:

Bryant, whose four-point play sent the game into overtime at 99, walked off the Pepsi Center court dejected, shrugging his shoulders in frustration at not getting the ball and the chance to match or upstage Anthony.

"That's a good, astute observation. I wanted the shot," POOR Kobe said. "I always want the ball in my hands. They had me covered. I wish I could have gotten a better screen on the play." 

Is it possible that his Laker teammates purposely denied giving POOR Kobe a decent screen, thus preventing the in-bound pass to come his way? Did the refs block his view, poised in a "T" stance, ready to let him 'have it', in a non-favoritism way, if he smirked in their direction? Did Walton miss because he was looking at POOR Kobe out of the corner of his eye, anticipating the shrug and smirk?

I'm tearing up right now over this tension.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 03:49:39 PM »

This isnt game 7 of the western conference finals and your team isnt at the FT line, cheer up!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 03:50:03 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 09:13:52 PM »
Hey Koast and all.  When tied 108-108 and Kobme with the O rebound at 16 seconds, what do you think about his missed shot vs holding the ball for the last shot and thus guaranteeing at the worst a 2nd OT?
The Denver L.A. game I watched that was tied 108 to 108 in OT had Kobe trying to tip in a lose ball.  Didn't see him have control, didn't even see him touch the floor with the ball.  Just saw Kobe and three other players slapping at the ball.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

guest-koast

Denver over Lakers
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 03:41:58 PM »
Hey Koast and all.  When tied 108-108 and Kobme with the O rebound at 16 seconds, what do you think about his missed shot vs holding the ball for the last shot and thus guaranteeing at the worst a 2nd OT?
The Denver L.A. game I watched that was tied 108 to 108 in OT had Kobe trying to tip in a lose ball.  Didn't see him have control, didn't even see him touch the floor with the ball.  Just saw Kobe and three other players slapping at the ball.
 :rofl:

Denver over Lakers
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 11:11:51 AM »

This isnt game 7 of the western conference finals and your team isnt at the FT line, cheer up!
Gee, let me think :huh:  :huh:

No.........nope, I am pretty sure it has to do with this game. Yep, now that I think of it, ancient history had no affect on how this game played out at all.

Anything else, wk?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Denver over Lakers
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 01:58:46 PM »

No.........nope, I am pretty sure it has to do with this game. Yep, now that I think of it, ancient history had no affect on how this game played out at all.

Anything else, wk?

Its okay to bring up past games when you feel the need to take your shots but if someone else does it, then it's "Oh that is ancient history" LOL

What is good for the goose must be good for the gander right?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:59:12 PM by westkoast »

Guest_Randy

Denver over Lakers
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »

Anything else, wk?

Its okay to bring up past games when you feel the need to take your shots but if someone else does it, then it's "Oh that is ancient history" LOL

What is good for the goose must be good for the gander right?
Remember, Kings fans never get held to the same standard as every other team -- it's the sour grapes rule!