Author Topic: L.A. radio on Kobe  (Read 4176 times)

Guest_Randy

L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 06:47:04 PM »
Who is the one who brought him up?  It wasn't me -- he doesn't even BELONG in this discussion (of course, you are the KING of bringing things into a discussion that doesn't belong).
I brought him up.

Of course what would a starting guard on the team who punked the Most Overated of All Time 4-1 be doing mentioned in anywhere near a top 10.  He sure must suck. :rofl:   Kobe must have locked him down on D, and lit him up on O, right? :rolleyes:

Do you two morons have anything to say about the threads topic, 10 of 15 callers from your Staples Temple area leaving Kobe off the top ten.

No westkoast, after Kobe was in the 30s for a good part of last season I did not watch the final 20 games when, out of playoff contention Kobe shot his back above 40%.  It does show your devotion tho. :hail:

I'm so ashamed.  Watching those Spurs-Suns games instead.
Of course what would a starting guard on the team who punked the Most Overated of All Time 4-1 be doing mentioned in anywhere near a top 10.  He sure must suck. :rofl:   Kobe must have locked him down on D, and lit him up on O, right? :rolleyes:

Wow, so what's that saying about your team since the Lakers PUNKED the Spurs that year as well!  

As for Kobe shutting down Chauncey?  Umm, Kobe COULD shut down Chauncey but Kobe was busy shutting down Rip Hamilton -- it's kind of hard to believe that you want Kobe to play 1 on 2 and shut down SEVERAL players -- I don't know anyone that thinks that players should have to guard more than one player!

As for lighting up Chauncey -- you REALLY don't think that Kobe can take Chauncey any night of the week?  Stop and reflect on the series -- who did they put on Kobe?  It WASN'T Billups -- it was Prince AND Hamilton!  The Pistons made it CLEAR of their gameplan -- allow Big Ben to play Shaq one-on-one and double-team Kobe (and NOT allow Kobe to beat them).  Kind of funny -- I don't know ANYONE that has every thought that of Billups.  Not saying Billups isn't a good player -- he's just NOT a superstar!!!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »

Wow, so what's that saying about your team since the Lakers PUNKED the Spurs that year as well!  

As for Kobe shutting down Chauncey?  Umm, Kobe COULD shut down Chauncey but Kobe was busy shutting down Rip Hamilton -- it's kind of hard to believe that you want Kobe to play 1 on 2 and shut down SEVERAL players -- I don't know anyone that thinks that players should have to guard more than one player!

As for lighting up Chauncey -- you REALLY don't think that Kobe can take Chauncey any night of the week?  Stop and reflect on the series -- who did they put on Kobe?  It WASN'T Billups -- it was Prince AND Hamilton!  The Pistons made it CLEAR of their gameplan -- allow Big Ben to play Shaq one-on-one and double-team Kobe (and NOT allow Kobe to beat them).  Kind of funny -- I don't know ANYONE that has every thought that of Billups.  Not saying Billups isn't a good player -- he's just NOT a superstar!!! [/quote]
 Well we went over that a long time ago.  "My" team the Spurs were given all the mid-long range jumpers they wanted to by the Phil defensive Think Tank.  Clunk clunk clunk and the Lakers were on thier .4 way.

Lets look at Kobadiah on both O and D, since he is sooo much better then Billips and to you almost all other players.  Kobe is top 10, top 5, top player to many of you.

Randy wrote: "As for Kobe shutting down Chauncey?  Umm, Kobe COULD shut down Chauncey but Kobe was busy shutting down Rip Hamilton."
Randy in basketball the ball and circumstances move around.  Just because Kobe is starting the game assigned to Rip, he ended up guarding Billips on many occasions.  But lets stick the your Kobe-Rip matchup.

Boy Randy is really gonna stick it to Reality.  How could we quantify if Kobe "shut down" Rip Hamilton?  Besides watching the games, aha, we need look no further then westkoast himself.  

Westkoast wrote:  "When someone is trying to prove if a person did or did not "slow them down" in a pro sports game what do you use to back up your stance? STATS. There is no other way to prove or disprove someone "slowing" someone else down with out stats. So you have to be "married to stats" to prove if your stance is correct or not."

Kobes D on Rip in the Finals:

Rip 21 pts with 5.2 boards 4 assists.  WOW!  What a lockdown!

Randee continues: Stop and reflect on the series -- who did they put on Kobe?  It WASN'T Billups -- it was Prince AND Hamilton!  The Pistons made it CLEAR of their gameplan -- allow Big Ben to play Shaq one-on-one and double-team Kobe (and NOT allow Kobe to beat them).  Kind of funny -- I don't know ANYONE that has every thought that of Billups.  Not saying Billups isn't a good player -- he's just NOT a superstar!!!

I don't know Laker math, but if each team has 5 men on the floor, and Kobe is being doubleteamed, that means 3 Pistons were trying to guard 4 Lakers.  Since you can't leave Shaq alone, that means 2 Pistons were trying to guard 3 Lakers.  Wow!  Top ten SuperKobe must have really taken it to the Pistions.  Since he is such a great player, surely he must have really exposed that doubleteam.  Lets use westkoasts surefire stat method and see:

Kobees Offense while being doubled:

Shots 8-22 ave for 38% and 17% on 3 ptrs.  Most shot attempts on team.  But he was being doubled. :unsure:
Ah, he must have had a ton of assists.
Assists 4.4  But wait, RIP had 4.0 and Billips 5.2  

Billips for the series was 21 pts 5.2 A's 3 boards and 92% FT shooting.
50% fgs and 47% treys.
Billips took 11 field goal attempts a game to score 21.  Kobme took 22.

Maybe my 4 year old and her friends can continue with you two "debaters".

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 09:53:22 AM »
Funny little thread.

Back to the point.

You HONESTLY have to be stupid or biased to think Kobe is NOT an UNDISPUTED top 10 player in the NBA today.

If you're stupid or biased enough to take that stance I suggest you try an easier sport to follow because the NBA is clearly over your head.

For the stupid one's, yes you stupid and yes we're talking about THIS year:
Undisputed-these guys cannot be replaced on their team by a player from another team unless the guy is on this list.
TD
Shaq
KG
LeBron
Kobe
Iverson
Dirk
T-Mac
Antwan Jamison  :rofl:

Disputed-These guys are pretty irreplacable themselves but they can be replaced by players on the above list and by guys on this list plus you could make an arguement for them taking the last 2 spots on the top 10 list.
JO (very close to undisputed)
Nash (close)
Wade (close)
Brand
Kidd
Ming

Edit:
How could I forget Amare, that was stupid!

There are also guys that used to be on the list or are a 2nd tier type player:
Pierce
Kidd
Allen
Webber
AK-47
B. Wallace
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 01:15:26 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 02:44:49 PM »
Funny little thread.

Back to the point.

You HONESTLY have to be stupid or biased to think Kobe is NOT an UNDISPUTED top 10 player in the NBA today.
Point never was left.

The point is your L.A. County Extra Sports 570 brotheren left Kobme off 10-5.  Guess they are biased? :rofl:

But with the Kobme stats in, it is time for Laker dancers to bail.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »
Funny little thread.

Back to the point.

Point never was left.

The point is your L.A. County Extra Sports 570 brotheren left Kobme off 10-5.  Guess they are biased? :rofl:

But with the Kobme stats in, it is time for Laker dancers to bail.
To bail? LOL your talking non-sense and trying to include me on a discussion your having with Randy.   There was never "two debaters" in the Billips/Kobe discussion unless you are counting yourself and Randy.   Plus "your married to stats" :rolleyes:

Maybe if you didnt put together posts like your "four year old and her friends" people would continue to talk to you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:57:57 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 03:38:33 PM »
1.  "Loose Cannons" on 570 is an absolute joke.  It's tabloid radio at best hosted by complete morons.  Just like almost every other sports talk radio show across the country, the hosts are assigned a side and they stick with it.  In this case, Mychael Thompson and Vic the Brick are the designated homers and Steve Hartman ( :puke: ) was given the anti-Laker assignment.  It's calculated and they're sole job is the same as the sports columnist, only in air rather than print media ... FILL SPACE.  That's it, so take anything those donkeys say with a huge grain of salt.  

This leads to my second point:

2.  Anyone who listens to this show should do so with a grain of salt as mentioned above.  But anyone who is motivated to call in to this show either a) is a complete moron on par or more so than the hosts (might not be possible in Vic the Bricks case); or B) has waay to much time on their hands (i.e., no job ... most likely un-employable ... who has time to do this in the middle of the day?!); or c) both A & B  

I'd bet my life on C for 9 out of 10 callers.  

So Reality, the average donut who calls in isn't exactly the most knowledgeable fan/person on the planet.  When I've listened, I've found that the average fan is typically the one who parrots the common sentiment being spewed on the sports topic at the time.

That said, I'd argue that the data sample pool on this "Kobe survey" is completely tainted, especially in LA.  One thing about LA is that everything is magnified to the umpteenth degree.  In other words, we've got umpteen times as many morons as your average city.  

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 03:48:15 PM »
One more thing ....

I long for the days LA was not a homer town.  But ever since the unfortunate rise in popularity of sports talk radio and the unfortunate passing of our beloved Chick Hearn, "homerism" is starting to run rampant down here.  And it goes both ways, those dead set pro-Laker and those dead set anti-Laker.  It makes for a lack of good, rational discussion on the airwaves.  

I guess that’s a big reason I’ve been lurking on this board since the MSNBC days.  I can gleam sound discussion from both sides and the resident Laker fans like Dan, westkoast, WOW, Rolando Blackman (when he was here) and even Randy clearly love the Lakers, but do so objectively.

Then there’s Reality, whose complete lack of objectivity serves to keep us entertained and get us riled up when the board gets a little slow.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 04:00:31 PM »
Then there’s Reality, whose complete lack of objectivity serves to keep us entertained and get us riled up when the board gets a little slow.
 :D  I produce the Phil Hendrie show.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 04:22:29 PM »
Guess they are biased? :rofl:

I gave you TWO options, but I'll give you THREE guesses at the correct asnwer.  :rolleyes:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 04:29:58 PM »
Guess they are biased? :rofl:

I gave you TWO options, but I'll give you THREE guesses at the correct asnwer.  :rolleyes:
No, the problem for you and msc is what about the 5 total morons who voted for Kobme. :rofl:

Re the correct "asnwer."
Thanks for giving.  It wasn't Christendom, Christmassy inspired was it? :D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 04:58:23 PM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 04:35:26 PM »
As much as Kobe irks the hell out of me, you have to place him in the top ten players in the NBA.

Duncan
Garnett
Stoudamire
James
Bryant
O'Neal
McGrady
Wade
Iverson
Nowitski

And I can think of another twenty who could easily be added. The thing is, you really should not compare centers to shooting guards, for instance, since you would not expect Duncan to set up for three-pointers all day long, or drive the lane to set up passes to the perimeter.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 04:47:03 PM »
I can gleam sound discussion from both sides and the resident Laker fans like Dan, westkoast, WOW, Rolando Blackman (when he was here) and even Randy clearly love the Lakers, but do so objectively.
a

completely [/size]
objective[/size]

post msc.   :D

Thank you.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 04:49:44 PM »
As much as Kobe irks the hell out of me, you have to place him in the top ten players in the NBA.

And I can think of another twenty who could easily be added.
Umm contradiction there Jomal.  
Could Kobe be in the top 10 as well as the top 30?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 04:50:44 PM »

And I can think of another twenty who could easily be added.
Umm contradiction there Jomal.  
Could Kobe be in the top 10 as well as the top 30?
Wow you really are retarded.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
L.A. radio on Kobe
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 05:09:41 PM »
Wow you really are retarded. [/quote]
 W.O.W. i think he is complimenting you on being an Extra 570 listener.