Author Topic: Pistons 88 Heat 82  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« on: June 06, 2005, 10:47:22 PM »
Consensus seems to be that Wade should have kept feeding Shaq in the last 2 minutes.  Esp with Shaq going 3-4 on FTs.  Wade 0-6 f.gs 4th qtr after a smokin 3rd qtr.

Billups was nails on the final 4 FTs.

Lot of good plays, lot of slacker plays in this game.  It was not an all around intelligent game played by either team.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 10:48:32 PM by Reality »

guest-koast

Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 10:28:05 AM »
Consensus seems to be that Wade should have kept feeding Shaq in the last 2 minutes.  Esp with Shaq going 3-4 on FTs.  Wade 0-6 f.gs 4th qtr after a smokin 3rd qtr.

Lot of good plays, lot of slacker plays in this game.  It was not an all around intelligent game played by either team.
Blame Wade at the end all you want but 27 points and 9 rebounds from the Big Fella is not acceptable in a game like this.  Yes I understand hes hurt and did look pretty sluggish at times but 9 rebounds in a game 7??

I stand by what I said almost a month ago.  Since Shaq started working out hard early his body sputtered out early.  Shaq can and will play thru alot of pain if he has the energy to do so.  I dont think he did.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 11:19:16 AM »
Consensus seems to be that Wade should have kept feeding Shaq in the last 2 minutes.  Esp with Shaq going 3-4 on FTs.  Wade 0-6 f.gs 4th qtr after a smokin 3rd qtr.

Lot of good plays, lot of slacker plays in this game.  It was not an all around intelligent game played by either team.
Blame Wade at the end all you want but 27 points and 9 rebounds from the Big Fella is not acceptable in a game like this.  Yes I understand hes hurt and did look pretty sluggish at times but 9 rebounds in a game 7??

I stand by what I said almost a month ago.  Since Shaq started working out hard early his body sputtered out early.  Shaq can and will play thru alot of pain if he has the energy to do so.  I dont think he did.
I was expecting the big fella to destroy these guys inside.  but truth be told, Shaq is on the decline at this point in his career - and thats not a shot.  hen is a ACTIVE living legend in the world of basketball, how many other players get that status.  with his presence Miami was able to make ONE GAME away from the big show - not to take anything away from Wade - but Shaq really changed my opinion of him this year in a big way, I got nothing but respect for this guy.  Next year the big guy will be beter prepared to handle his age and playing time.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
Whatever Shaq lost by becoming a year older, he gained by dropping 60 lbs.
In fact on the + - scale, I would say he was better this season as a Heat then the last two as a Laker.  

If you attribute the injury by J Oneals slam to Shaq Oneal as solely Shaqs old age, you're wrong.  Shaq has definitely not been the same since the Jermaine Slam injury.  That he night have recovered sooner when younger, fine.  That he would have fully recovered when a Laker and rrrrrraaaagh shook off any and all effects of the injury, more Juice coming your way.

Last nights game Shaqs 27 and 9 were fine considering his condition and:
a) He was rising to the occasion in the last 4 minutes.  His faking across the middle and scoring a spin banker 8 ft jumper to make it 78-76 was sweet.  None of the Bulldozing crap of yesteryear.  This was a nice move away from the bucket.  Had a nice D board also, shoving BenWa but being subtle about it.

bee) Wades and Damon Jones failure to get him the ball in the last two minutes. 3Xs.
78-76 Heat DJones gets caught in mid air, pass gets stolen.  Pistions fast break the other way.  Tied at 78.  Blown golden opportunity to go up 4.
80-79 Pistions The Wade shot that many have a problem with is this one.  Horking up a 22 footer with 20 on the shot clock.  I know if he makes it he is a god.  But given his prior 4 bricks and Shaq down low, it was the wrong shot.
82-79 Pistons still plenty of time, 46 seconds left.  DWade lets himself get into a jump ball.  Ref throws jump ball way too high, Wade gets it on the second jump but the Heat he tips it to in turn tips it away.  Prince gets loose ball, Billups FTs.  Its over.
Thats 3 offensive possesions in the last 2 minutes with zero results.  Not just zero results but negative on the two turnovers.  I've gotta believe Shraq goes at least 1-3, maybe 2-3.

c) low scoring game in 80s 27/9 is good.  Did you watch the game?

BTW Props to not only Billups but Sheed for nailing FTs in the clutch.

Heat were well on course to have the best record in the league prior to Shaqs injury.  Not that it mattered as they had home court anyways vs Detroit.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 02:25:51 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 03:37:41 PM »
In fact on the + - scale, I would say he was better this season as a Heat then the last two as a Laker. 

If you attribute the injury by J Oneals slam to Shaq Oneal as solely Shaqs old age, you're wrong.  Shaq has definitely not been the same since the Jermaine Slam injury.  That he night have recovered sooner when younger, fine.  That he would have fully recovered when a Laker and rrrrrraaaagh shook off any and all effects of the injury, more Juice coming your way.

a) He was rising to the occasion in the last 4 minutes.  His faking across the middle and scoring a spin banker 8 ft jumper to make it 78-76 was sweet.  None of the Bulldozing crap of yesteryear.  This was a nice move away from the bucket.  Had a nice D board also, shoving BenWa but being subtle about it.

bee) Wades and Damon Jones failure to get him the ball in the last two minutes. 3Xs.
78-76 Heat DJones gets caught in mid air, pass gets stolen.  Pistions fast break the other way.  Tied at 78.  Blown golden opportunity to go up 4.
80-79 Pistions The Wade shot that many have a problem with is this one.  Horking up a 22 footer with 20 on the shot clock.  I know if he makes it he is a god.  But given his prior 4 bricks and Shaq down low, it was the wrong shot.
82-79 Pistons still plenty of time, 46 seconds left.  DWade lets himself get into a jump ball.  Ref throws jump ball way too high, Wade gets it on the second jump but the Heat he tips it to in turn tips it away.  Prince gets loose ball, Billups FTs.  Its over.
Thats 3 offensive possesions in the last 2 minutes with zero results.  Not just zero results but negative on the two turnovers.  I've gotta believe Shraq goes at least 1-3, maybe 2-3.

c) low scoring game in 80s 27/9 is good.  Did you watch the game?

Heat were well on course to have the best record in the league prior to Shaqs injury.  Not that it mattered as they had home court anyways vs Detroit.
"Whatever Shaq lost by becoming a year older, he gained by dropping 60 lbs.
In fact on the + - scale, I would say he was better this season as a Heat then the last two as a Laker.  "

Well well,  couldnt imagine what that reason would be :rolleyes:

"If you attribute the injury by J Oneals slam to Shaq Oneal as solely Shaqs old age, you're wrong.  Shaq has definitely not been the same since the Jermaine Slam injury.  That he night have recovered sooner when younger, fine.  That he would have fully recovered when a Laker and rrrrrraaaagh shook off any and all effects of the injury, more Juice coming your way."

That is not what im saying but go ahead and run with it.  What I am saying and have been saying thruout the year is that Shaq's lack of conditioning previous years is catching up to him.  Shaq has a high threshold for pain and puts any pain to the side when he is expected to dominate.  What does him being a Laker have to do with anything?  We are talking about age and lack of conditioning.  Jerseys have nothing to do with anything here buddy.

Obivously Shaq's 27 and 9 was not fine as the Miami Heat are no longer in the playoffs.  Funny how all the sudden Shaq gets a pass from you now that he is not on the Lakers.  Sure the injury played a part.  Should I insert a 'Duh' right here?  However,  he is expected to break bones in a game 7 before the finals.  Whatever it takes.

27 and 9 is good when you arent the most dominant player in the league and the team is counting on you to have a monster game to get them into the finals.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 03:38:23 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 03:48:10 PM »
It's put up or shut up time.  I respect detroit but always felt as if we could have beaten them if not for the .4 second killer by Fish.  now we get our chance to prove it.  I am nervous of course because the Psitons are fighting for the title - as they should be.  they have a defense as stifling as ours, thier players can step up offensively, they are almost a copy of us.  I still feel we have the better squad of players - Tim Doincan, or is it Duggan?  Being one of them - and the deeper bench.  It's still going to be tough to beat this team.  it looks like it will be a great series though, both teams will be going out trying to prove who is the better defensive team, not to mention Larry and Pop will love competing against each other.  hoping we beat them in 6 (2-3-2 ticked me off for the finals format, so i gotta give the pistons two wins.  fingers are crossed.  lol.)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

If you attribute the injury by J Oneals slam to Shaq Oneal as solely Shaqs old age, you're wrong.  Shaq has definitely not been the same since the Jermaine Slam injury.  That he night have recovered sooner when younger, fine.  That he would have fully recovered when a Laker and rrrrrraaaagh shook off any and all effects of the injury, more Juice coming your way.

a) He was rising to the occasion in the last 4 minutes.  His faking across the middle and scoring a spin banker 8 ft jumper to make it 78-76 was sweet.  None of the Bulldozing crap of yesteryear.  This was a nice move away from the bucket.  Had a nice D board also, shoving BenWa but being subtle about it.

78-76 Heat DJones gets caught in mid air, pass gets stolen.  Pistions fast break the other way.  Tied at 78.  Blown golden opportunity to go up 4.
80-79 Pistions The Wade shot that many have a problem with is this one.  Horking up a 22 footer with 20 on the shot clock.  I know if he makes it he is a god.  But given his prior 4 bricks and Shaq down low, it was the wrong shot.
82-79 Pistons still plenty of time, 46 seconds left.  DWade lets himself get into a jump ball.  Ref throws jump ball way too high, Wade gets it on the second jump but the Heat he tips it to in turn tips it away.  Prince gets loose ball, Billups FTs.  Its over.
Thats 3 offensive possesions in the last 2 minutes with zero results.  Not just zero results but negative on the two turnovers.  I've gotta believe Shraq goes at least 1-3, maybe 2-3.

c) low scoring game in 80s 27/9 is good.  Did you watch the game?

Heat were well on course to have the best record in the league prior to Shaqs injury.  Not that it mattered as they had home court anyways vs Detroit.
"Whatever Shaq lost by becoming a year older, he gained by dropping 60 lbs.
In fact on the + - scale, I would say he was better this season as a Heat then the last two as a Laker.  "

Well well,  couldnt imagine what that reason would be :rolleyes:

"If you attribute the injury by J Oneals slam to Shaq Oneal as solely Shaqs old age, you're wrong.  Shaq has definitely not been the same since the Jermaine Slam injury.  That he night have recovered sooner when younger, fine.  That he would have fully recovered when a Laker and rrrrrraaaagh shook off any and all effects of the injury, more Juice coming your way."

That is not what im saying but go ahead and run with it.  What I am saying and have been saying thruout the year is that Shaq's lack of conditioning previous years is catching up to him.  Shaq has a high threshold for pain and puts any pain to the side when he is expected to dominate.  What does him being a Laker have to do with anything?  We are talking about age and lack of conditioning.  Jerseys have nothing to do with anything here buddy.

Obivously Shaq's 27 and 9 was not fine as the Miami Heat are no longer in the playoffs.  Funny how all the sudden Shaq gets a pass from you now that he is not on the Lakers.  Sure the injury played a part.  Should I insert a 'Duh' right here?  However,  he is expected to break bones in a game 7 before the finals.  Whatever it takes.

27 and 9 is good when you arent the most dominant player in the league and the team is counting on you to have a monster game to get them into the finals.
he may have been referring to me about the "age" thing Wk.  I am not saying that Shaq's age is the only thing, but it plays a part in the big guys ability to bounce back from injury and stamina - and he came back in good shape this season IMO.  All I am saying is that you should expect to see him not as able to compete as the Shaq of old - in other words bust out the old Laker or Orlando tapes to watch some of his best games again, Because I dont think it is going to happen to often from here on out.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 03:59:59 PM »
What "pass" is he getting from me?

He dropped 60 lbs, started passing more and actually had to work for some of his FTs.  Combo made him a better player.  It had everything to do with switching jerseys.  Fresh brewed waiting here for you.

Giving Wade/Heat role players a pass on Gm 7 and blaming it all on Shaq?

Oh yes, of course what went unanswered, besides any of the games plays:
Did you watch the game? B)

<What I am saying and have been saying thruout the year is that Shaq's lack of conditioning previous years is catching up to him.>

Did he look out of shape to you the game prior to the JOneal injury Slam?  Miami was well on its way to the battling Phx to the end for best record in the NBA.  Zo was giving Shaq plenty of rest.  He showed no signs of slowing down or looking unfit for the playoffs.   Until the injury.

That he is not as nimble as his Orlando and 4-5 years ago Laker days is a given.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:17:05 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 04:06:49 PM »
It's put up or shut up time.  I respect detroit but always felt as if we could have beaten them if not for the .4 second killer by Fish.  now we get our chance to prove it.  I am nervous of course because the Psitons are fighting for the title - as they should be.  they have a defense as stifling as ours, thier players can step up offensively, they are almost a copy of us.  I still feel we have the better squad of players - Tim Doincan, or is it Duggan?  Being one of them - and the deeper bench.  It's still going to be tough to beat this team.  it looks like it will be a great series though, both teams will be going out trying to prove who is the better defensive team, not to mention Larry and Pop will love competing against each other.  hoping we beat them in 6 (2-3-2 ticked me off for the finals format, so i gotta give the pistons two wins.  fingers are crossed.  lol.)
If Pop continues to have OFFO (open flow flexible offense), Spurs win.
He should continue to go for 100+ points per game.  8-1 or so in playoffs.

If he lets himself be drawn into a stubborn battle with Brown "our team can beat your team 74-73 by playing better defense", he plays right into Larrys hands.  It's over.

GNob-Prince should be a good one.
Once again Tony Parker needs clear his head of Eva fog.
Team effort and we do it.
Tim Duncan is the MVP.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:17:47 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 04:17:37 PM »

He dropped 60 lbs, started passing more and actually had to work for some of his FTs.  Combo made him a better player.  It had everything to do with switching jerseys.  Fresh brewed waiting here for you.

<What I am saying and have been saying thruout the year is that Shaq's lack of conditioning previous years is catching up to him.>

Did he look out of shape to you the game prior to the JOneal injury Slam?  Miami was well on its way to the battling Phx to the end for best record in the NBA.  Zo was giving Shaq plenty of rest.  He showed no signs of slowing down or looking unfit for the playoffs.   Until the injury.
Reality,

Go look at his numbers for this year.  They are down from the last 3 years and  lower than his career numbers.  Did he look warn down half way/3-4ths thru the season? Yes, yes he did.  He showed no signs of slowing down  :rolleyes:  Reality he was hurting prior to the JOneal incident.  Selective memory kicking in full force??  Did you forget he missed games during the regular season?

Only in Realityville was Shaq a better player this year than he was 2 years ago.  Shaq losing weight didnt make him a better player either, it made him more healthy.  His want to prove something was a driving force this year.  He posted much lower numbers than usual.  So explain to me how he became a better player this year.  Was it because the color of his jersey changed?  I believe thats your main reasoning here because Shaq did not 'pass more' nor did he rebound, score, or dominate the paint more.

Ok you said Shaq def should have been considered for MVP only second to Duncan correct?  As did plenty of others.  Now when you are the most dominating player in the league, according to most the main reason why the Heat did anything this year, and the only player on your team who has been in a Game 7 deep in the playoffs who do you think is expected to put the team on their back?  The role players arent expected to make or break the game.  Shaq is right?  So when a player like Shaq grabs a whopping 9 rebounds in an elimination game it says something.  Even Shaq is going to take the blame for the loss.  Hes just that kind of guy.  Funny how you are defending him yet even Shaq is going to go on the record to take the full brunt of the blame for game 7.

I didnt get to watch the whole game as I was at work and had to sit in traffic on the 405.  I caught the end of the game.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:23:33 PM by westkoast »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 04:48:17 PM »

He dropped 60 lbs, started passing more and actually had to work for some of his FTs.  Combo made him a better player.  It had everything to do with switching jerseys.  Fresh brewed waiting here for you.

Did he look out of shape to you the game prior to the JOneal injury Slam?  Miami was well on its way to the battling Phx to the end for best record in the NBA.  Zo was giving Shaq plenty of rest.  He showed no signs of slowing down or looking unfit for the playoffs.   Until the injury.
Reality,

Go look at his numbers for this year.  They are down from the last 3 years and  lower than his career numbers.  Did he look warn down half way/3-4ths thru the season? Yes, yes he did.  He showed no signs of slowing down  :rolleyes:  Reality he was hurting prior to the JOneal incident.  Selective memory kicking in full force??  Did you forget he missed games during the regular season?

Only in Realityville was Shaq a better player this year than he was 2 years ago.  Shaq losing weight didnt make him a better player either, it made him more healthy.  His want to prove something was a driving force this year.  He posted much lower numbers than usual.  So explain to me how he became a better player this year.  Was it because the color of his jersey changed?  I believe thats your main reasoning here because Shaq did not 'pass more' nor did he rebound, score, or dominate the paint more.

Ok you said Shaq def should have been considered for MVP only second to Duncan correct?  As did plenty of others.  Now when you are the most dominating player in the league, according to most the main reason why the Heat did anything this year, and the only player on your team who has been in a Game 7 deep in the playoffs who do you think is expected to put the team on their back?  The role players arent expected to make or break the game.  Shaq is right?  So when a player like Shaq grabs a whopping 9 rebounds in an elimination game it says something.  Even Shaq is going to take the blame for the loss.  Hes just that kind of guy.  Funny how you are defending him yet even Shaq is going to go on the record to take the full brunt of the blame for game 7.

I didnt get to watch the whole game as I was at work and had to sit in traffic on the 405.  I caught the end of the game.
Shaq's numbers were lower this season - cnnsi has a story on it, here is the link -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...shaq/index.html

he was in better shape, and injured, but his age is cathcing up with him IMO.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 10:15:51 PM »
Shaq's numbers were lower this season - cnnsi has a story on it, here is the link -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...shaq/index.html

he was in better shape, and injured, but his age is cathcing up with him IMO. [/quote]
 His numbers as to games played during the season:
"the most since '00-01"

As to his 23 and 10 being amoung the lowest in his career, duh.
The 34 minutes a game was by design!
34 mpg + 'Zo was to have a fully rested Shaq good to go in the playoffs.
It was working to near perfection.

Look at tape again of the JOneal Slam.  Its brutal.  I attribute his low playoff #s much more to the injury then old age.

As to that media wheeze bag saying Shaq relies on the dunk more with The Heat then his Laker days of "baby hook shots and short-range jumpers Shaq used to employ, finesse moves....."  :rofl:  :rofl:

Now what about the Spurs-Pistons?   :hail:  :hail: Will Pop keep up OFFO?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 01:00:56 AM »

Eliminator games of past vs Shaqs mere 9 boards vs Heat.
Two years ago (your) far superior Shaq... from ESPN.

Game 5 Spurs go up 3-2 on Lakers:

Shaquille O'Neal finished with only 20 points and 12 rebounds.

His play was sluggish, and he wasn't on court for the first half of the fourth quarter. Jackson said the comeback might not have started if he had been.

"We needed active defense and we needed aggressive play out there. Shaquille was not active tonight -- he didn't move well defensively, he didn't get back on defense,'' Jackson said. "It hurt us a little bit.''
Tim Duncan led San Antonio with 27 points and 14 rebounds

Game 6 eliminator.
Spurs outrebound Lakers 44-32.  Shaq has 10 rebounds.  Tim Dunkar has 16.

This year 2005 his "much lower numbers" included 6th in rebounding, 1st in fg%, 12th in scoring.  All in 33 minutes per game.  His lower playoff #s any non moron would have included that he had 4 playoff games of 27 minutes or less due to injury.  Of course that is going to drop your overall average.

Lets get to a figure you will believe. Magic Johnson.  Isn't he part of some Laker Triune Figurehead?  Magic, postgame along with Chuck Barkley both agree adamantly it was Wade and the rolers failure to get Shaq the ball in the stretch last night.  Not only fail to get him the ball but 3 costly turnovers in the last 2:00.  Shaq never, ever was soooo good that he could do it all alone.  Thats Marketing Mythology.  He needs rolers to get him the ball and also make shots when he kicks back.  Vs Det it wasn't going to be another Laker freebie ride like the SAC Conf finals ripoff.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 09:12:26 AM »
Only in Realityville was Shaq a better player this year than he was 2 years ago.  Shaq losing weight didnt make him a better player either, it made him more healthy.  His want to prove something was a driving force this year.  He posted much lower numbers than usual.  So explain to me how he became a better player this year.  Was it because the color of his jersey changed?  I believe thats your main reasoning here because Shaq did not 'pass more' nor did he rebound, score, or dominate the paint more.

Ok you said Shaq def should have been considered for MVP only second to Duncan correct?  As did plenty of others.  Now when you are the most dominating player in the league, according to most the main reason why the Heat did anything this year, and the only player on your team who has been in a Game 7 deep in the playoffs who do you think is expected to put the team on their back?  The role players arent expected to make or break the game.  Shaq is right?  So when a player like Shaq grabs a whopping 9 rebounds in an elimination game it says something.  Even Shaq is going to take the blame for the loss.  Hes just that kind of guy.  Funny how you are defending him yet even Shaq is going to go on the record to take the full brunt of the blame for game 7.

I didnt get to watch the whole game as I was at work and had to sit in traffic on the 405.  I caught the end of the game.
Eliminator games of past vs Shaqs mere 9 boards vs Heat.
Two years ago (your) far superior Shaq... from ESPN.

Game 5 Spurs go up 3-2 on Lakers:

Shaquille O'Neal finished with only 20 points and 12 rebounds.

His play was sluggish, and he wasn't on court for the first half of the fourth quarter. Jackson said the comeback might not have started if he had been.

"We needed active defense and we needed aggressive play out there. Shaquille was not active tonight -- he didn't move well defensively, he didn't get back on defense,'' Jackson said. "It hurt us a little bit.''
Tim Duncan led San Antonio with 27 points and 14 rebounds

Game 6 eliminator.
Spurs outrebound Lakers 44-32.  Shaq has 10 rebounds.  Tim Dunkar has 16.

This year 2005 his "much lower numbers" included 6th in rebounding, 1st in fg%, 12th in scoring.  All in 33 minutes per game.  His lower playoff #s any non moron would have included that he had 4 playoff games of 27 minutes or less due to injury.  Of course that is going to drop your overall average.

Lets get to a figure you will believe. Magic Johnson.  Isn't he part of some Laker Triune Figurehead?  Magic, postgame along with Chuck Barkley both agree adamantly it was Wade and the rolers failure to get Shaq the ball in the stretch last night.  Not only fail to get him the ball but 3 costly turnovers in the last 2:00.  Shaq never, ever was soooo good that he could do it all alone.  Thats Marketing Mythology.  He needs rolers to get him the ball and also make shots when he kicks back.  Vs Det it wasn't going to be another Laker freebie ride like the SAC Conf finals ripoff.
Lets use the good ol Reality excuse 'Oh he was hurt' because since your selective memory is really on the upswing in this thread you are seeming to forget he was hurt during that series also.  In fact he  played through pain most of the season and still posted better numbers.  Plus in that series there was this guy named Tim Duggan who has always defended Shaq well and another guy named Malik Rose who also has been one of the best defenders of Shaq.  Who was guarding him the first two rounds of the playoffs this year?    Look at the numbers, look at what he was doing in the previous series before they played the Spurs, and then come back to the thread.  How many monster games did Shaq have that year?  Quite a bit.  How many monster games did he have this year? 1 monster game against the Clippers.  Only a non-moron would not see a big difference between 27.5 and 11 compared to his average this year.   Only in Realityville would Shaq be a better player this year when Shawn Marion and Troy Murphy, both such heavy weight rebounders in this league, both averaged more rebounds than Shaq.

Oh Mr. Flashdance...were you not one of the people saying that this Miami squad was crappy without Shaq?  Isnt this Heat squad, aside from Wade, a lackluster team without Shaq?  So isnt it up to Shaq to have a monster game in a game 7?  Why didnt Shaq pull his team to the side and say 'Ride me' ?  I guess Miami didnt call a single or had a dead ball the last 2 minutes of the game.

I love how since Shaq had 2 lackluster games against a very good defensive team that he was not a better player that *WHOLE* year than he was this year :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 09:13:46 AM by westkoast »

rickortreat

Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 04:31:47 PM »
What are we talking about?  Shaq wasn't the reason the Heat lost that game.  It was the other players NOT PASSING to Shaq that caused the Heat to loose.

The whole goddam point of having a huge center like Shaq is to give him the ball in the LAST TWO MINUTES OF A GAME SEVEN!  It's not Shaq's fault that he wasn't given the ball in the post.  It's a real shame that the Heat's instinct isn't to get him the ball in that situation, when they desparately need to score.

I think Shaq has had a great year even with the lower numbers.  It's better for Miami to have Wade and the other players score more during the regular season.  Based on their record, and their run in the playoffs, Miami had a great year.  

I didn't see it, but from the reports the Heat were in it at the end, and didn't continue to score while Detroit did.  Being outscored by Detroit is not the way I anticipated them winning anything. I thought the Heat would win simply becasue the Pistons couldn't stop Shaq.  I was right about that, but I didn't think the Heat would be so stupid as to not pass him the ball.