Author Topic: Pistons 88 Heat 82  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 04:56:37 PM »
What are we talking about?  Shaq wasn't the reason the Heat lost that game.  It was the other players NOT PASSING to Shaq that caused the Heat to loose.

The whole goddam point of having a huge center like Shaq is to give him the ball in the LAST TWO MINUTES OF A GAME SEVEN!  It's not Shaq's fault that he wasn't given the ball in the post.  It's a real shame that the Heat's instinct isn't to get him the ball in that situation, when they desparately need to score.

I think Shaq has had a great year even with the lower numbers.  It's better for Miami to have Wade and the other players score more during the regular season.  Based on their record, and their run in the playoffs, Miami had a great year.  

I didn't see it, but from the reports the Heat were in it at the end, and didn't continue to score while Detroit did.  Being outscored by Detroit is not the way I anticipated them winning anything. I thought the Heat would win simply becasue the Pistons couldn't stop Shaq.  I was right about that, but I didn't think the Heat would be so stupid as to not pass him the ball.
Reasons to stay on this board.

Intelligent life forms.

Thanks rt.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons 88 Heat 82
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 05:49:56 PM »
What are we talking about?  Shaq wasn't the reason the Heat lost that game.  It was the other players NOT PASSING to Shaq that caused the Heat to loose.

The whole goddam point of having a huge center like Shaq is to give him the ball in the LAST TWO MINUTES OF A GAME SEVEN!  It's not Shaq's fault that he wasn't given the ball in the post.  It's a real shame that the Heat's instinct isn't to get him the ball in that situation, when they desparately need to score.

I think Shaq has had a great year even with the lower numbers.  It's better for Miami to have Wade and the other players score more during the regular season.  Based on their record, and their run in the playoffs, Miami had a great year. 

I didn't see it, but from the reports the Heat were in it at the end, and didn't continue to score while Detroit did.  Being outscored by Detroit is not the way I anticipated them winning anything. I thought the Heat would win simply becasue the Pistons couldn't stop Shaq.  I was right about that, but I didn't think the Heat would be so stupid as to not pass him the ball.
Reasons to stay on this board.

Intelligent life forms.

Thanks rt.
Still tap dancing around your idea that Shaq was better this year than he was the last 2 years he was on the Lakers?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com