Author Topic: US Will Stay In Iraq For Years  (Read 6169 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
US Will Stay In Iraq For Years
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 01:56:36 PM »
Everybody is going to condemn me for saying this, but...

I think it took BIG BALLS for Canada and France to knock buckle under the tremendous pressure that the US was putting on them.  Our citizens were emailing jokes, we were bashing the french with the whole "freedom fries" thing. It took big balls for them to say, we don't believe you have enough evidence, so were not going in.  PROPS TO THEM!  

And they WERE THERE for us after 9-11. After the horrific event, the whole world, even some Muslim countries were on our side.  WHAT HAPPENED?  From having all the sympathy in the world to being the most hated, seemed like that happend overnight.  And not because of Aphganistan. It was because of our handling of our allies during the Iraq War.

Your with us, or against us.  Yeah, great way to lay out your foriegn policy.
Paul

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2004, 02:07:36 PM »

I think it took BIG BALLS for Canada and France to knock buckle under the tremendous pressure that the US was putting on them.  Our citizens were emailing jokes, we were bashing the french with the whole "freedom fries" thing. It took big balls for them to say, we don't believe you have enough evidence, so were not going in.  PROPS TO THEM!  

And they WERE THERE for us after 9-11. After the horrific event, the whole world, even some Muslim countries were on our side.  WHAT HAPPENED?  From having all the sympathy in the world to being the most hated, seemed like that happend overnight.  And not because of Aphganistan. It was because of our handling of our allies during the Iraq War.

Your with us, or against us.  Yeah, great way to lay out your foriegn policy.
I will never state that the US handled things correctly but one is forced to look at the other issues, as well.  Who were our biggest opponents?  French?  Russia?  And why DID they oppose us?  Because it was in their best interest (esp. financially) to do so.  I don't disagree that we did this poorly but France and Russia come right to the front of this and one thing you can't disagree with -- their reasons for not going to war were in the least, as selfish as our reasons for going to war.

Oh, and one more thing -- if this war was just about oil -- then why are my gas prices SOOOO high these days!  Isn't about time for this war to pay off?

jn

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2004, 02:20:04 PM »
Yeah, gas prices are really high.  Almost as expensive as bottled water.  ;)  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2004, 02:37:31 PM »
If you had to fill up your car with bottled war(Im talking gallons here), can you imagine what it would cost to fill up a standard SUV?  
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2004, 02:42:53 PM »
One of the funniest things I ever found about bottled water.  There is one brand...can't remeber which one now...that is made from Houston municipal system water.  It is "purified" using a reverse osmosis process.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2004, 02:44:52 PM »

I think it took BIG BALLS for Canada and France to knock buckle under the tremendous pressure that the US was putting on them.  Our citizens were emailing jokes, we were bashing the french with the whole "freedom fries" thing. It took big balls for them to say, we don't believe you have enough evidence, so were not going in.  PROPS TO THEM! 

And they WERE THERE for us after 9-11. After the horrific event, the whole world, even some Muslim countries were on our side.  WHAT HAPPENED?  From having all the sympathy in the world to being the most hated, seemed like that happend overnight.  And not because of Aphganistan. It was because of our handling of our allies during the Iraq War.

Your with us, or against us.  Yeah, great way to lay out your foriegn policy.
I will never state that the US handled things correctly but one is forced to look at the other issues, as well.  Who were our biggest opponents?  French?  Russia?  And why DID they oppose us?  Because it was in their best interest (esp. financially) to do so.  I don't disagree that we did this poorly but France and Russia come right to the front of this and one thing you can't disagree with -- their reasons for not going to war were in the least, as selfish as our reasons for going to war.

Oh, and one more thing -- if this war was just about oil -- then why are my gas prices SOOOO high these days!  Isn't about time for this war to pay off?
Thanks, Randy.  I think 101 tends to forget that these countries had a lot of contracts with Iraq and lost out on tons of money from the pending war.  It is not as if they were defying us becuase it was something they really believed, more like protecting thier customers.  and you knnow what 101, i still dont like the french, or the canadians........unless they are long legged and hot....of course.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2004, 02:51:50 PM »
And I think YOUR FORGETING that Bush gave all his old cronies exclusive rights to the Iraqi contracts, so that works both ways.
Paul

jn

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2004, 03:11:51 PM »
We've now pissed off the Poles and Spaniards too by giving a major military contract to a Virginia based company that has never done this type of work.  They are, however, in tight with Ahmed Chalabi, the would be ruler of Iraq who has little support within the country but plenty from Wolfowitz, et al.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2004, 03:26:01 PM »
And I think YOUR FORGETING that Bush gave all his old cronies exclusive rights to the Iraqi contracts, so that works both ways.
THATS MY POINY PENDEJO!!   :o   oops damn caps lock   B)

you posted this anti bush garbage not even thinking about that...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2004, 06:38:05 PM »
Very nice rebuttel guys.

The French and Ruskies had HUGE, and I mean Bush lies HUGE, oil interests in Iraq.  That's why they truely opposed the war.  Payback, or lack there of (wink-contracts-wink), was a bitch to those guys.

Everyone stinks in this deal but at least SOME of America reaped some rewards from their huge risk.

We where lied to about going to war so why should we be surprised about the BS afterwards.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"