Author Topic: Dan Rather to Bush:  (Read 5467 times)

jn

Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 03:47:42 PM »
You mean about Bush Flip Flopping on steel tariffs, a humble foreign policy,   nation building  and the importance of Iraq's WMD's. That's might decent of you zig.  ;)  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2004, 03:58:12 PM »
One thing I admire about Bush is that he's set in his convictions, and he won't waver. That is a great quality, but you can't apply that to every situation. Sometimes, you need to reevaulate situations and acknowledge when you have made mistakes. Bush dosen't do that which is very troubling.
It is taking all my self control not to make a "flip-flop" joke here, but I just won't do it. :rofl:
How about........

If Kerry was a basketball player his name would be Vlade Divac

jn, dont forget the flip flopping of the reason we went to Iraq.  First it was because they had WMDs and then it flipped into trying to save the poor Iraqi people from an evil doer.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 03:59:37 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2004, 03:58:59 PM »
Is it flip flopping to give someone you don't agree with a compliment about something?  Apparently for some Republicans, it is.  
Paul

Guest_Dromedarius

Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 05:17:32 PM »
The "sign an oath of allegiance" appears to have been for ONE event, and it is only because some liberals make a habit of trying to shout down speakers, such as they did during the RNC. As for the free speech zones, that was news to me. Evidently they don't want "peaceful" demonstrators shouting down the president when he's speaking. They ARE allowed to protest, however.

I know Sen. Johnson from SD got pissed off a couple years ago when my sister and some of her friends stood across the street from his rally with "Honk if your voting for Thune" signs. He's a Democrat that didn't seem to be for free speech. I guess it's not something I get worked up about, though. We have some old hippies that stand on the corner of Main and the busiest street in town once a month, and I'm fine with that. I don't know that you have to be able to verbally assault someone to make your point. Maybe if these groups weren't so dang obnoxious they could peacefully riot.

:up:  

rickortreat

Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 06:03:45 PM »
Isn't it interesting that after 4 years of Bush in the White House, we still don't know about his service record.  At least Kerry did go to 'Nam and distinguished himself there.

Bush on the other hand, along with Cheney used their political connections to avoid going into battle.  Personally, I'd rather that the person making the decison to send Americans off to war understand what he was asking them to do.

Here's the reason why I'm voting for Kerry:

The economy, the emplyment situation, a foreign policy that has alienated many, a free terrorist named Bin Ladin that has yet to be captured, a war that was unjustified -(NO WMD, no Nukes no nothing).

The Patriot Acts which are erroding your freedoms as Americans in the name of safety, which is actually a smokescreen to impose a police state.

Bush is a traitor, and a liar.

Here is a link to an analysis of the methology the government now employes for figures like the CPI and other government metrics: http://tinyurl.com/4xa8u  

Notice how they keep changing so we can never compare apples for apples.  There figures are a type of report card on how well we're doing as nation economically.

If we used the same methodology as was used during the Carter admin.  Our Employment rate is 12.5 %!  The budget is out-of control.  And the social security fund is headed towards bankruptsy based on the current direction.

If for no other reason than our performance as a nation, Bush should still be replaced.  Look at the facts as portrayed in the link I've listed.  America can't afford Bush as President, any longer.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2004, 06:09:17 PM »
Is it flip flopping to give someone you don't agree with a compliment about something?  Apparently for some Republicans, it is.
SF101,
I understood your statement for how it was intended, I just wanted to poke a little innocent fun.  It was intended as nothing more than that.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2004, 06:19:50 PM »
You mean about Bush Flip Flopping on steel tariffs, a humble foreign policy,   nation building  and the importance of Iraq's WMD's. That's might decent of you zig.  ;)
JN,
The funny thing is that everytime the words "Flip Flop" are used, EVERYBODY thinks of Kerry.  Everytime someone brings up Bush as a flip flopper, it comes off as "see Bush does it too", which just serves to confirm that the definition of Kerry as a flip flopper is legit.  The best thing Kerry and his people could do is never ever utter the word flip flopper for any reason.  It is basically Bush saying "I'm rubber and you're glue, and whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you".  Notice I didn't Bush hasn't flip flopped, or that changing positions is always a bad thing.  Just that Kerry has been defined in a negative way with those words, and no matter how hard he trys to deny it he just reinforces it.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2004, 06:35:54 PM »
Bush and his admin lied about going into Iraq.  We look totally unprepared to handle the current situation.  Seems we learned nothing from the American Revolution, Vietnam and Afganistan.

Bush f'ed Cali by rolling back the clean air act, cost this state thousands of jobs in the zero emmissions industry, congrats Canada and Germany, you've inherited a great core technology to develop so when this country gets onboard with "clean air" you will be supplying us with a tech developed right here in cali.

Bush is a nut when it comes to religion.

Bush is against stem cell research which is the key to curring pretty much EVERY single dieseese know to man (i.e. HIV, Hep A/B/C, cancer etc...).  

Bush gives the biggest tax breaks to people and corps with the deepest pockets.  Joe Schmo middle class takes it in the rear again.

There are tons of other reasons but it comes down to voting for the guy who has the best shot at removing Bush from office.  I don't care what Bush's oppenent will or will not do for this country all I know is I don't want Bush and his cronies in office another day.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2004, 07:26:25 PM »
Bush is against stem cell research which is the key to curring pretty much EVERY single dieseese know to man (i.e. HIV, Hep A/B/C, cancer etc...). 

With all due respect WOW, stem cell research has not yet provided a cure for any single ailment.  In one of the few cases where it was actually used as a therapy the results were horrific, and worse than thalidomide used by pregnant women in the 60's.
Bush has not outlawed stem cell research.  He has limited federal funding of embroyonic stem cell research to exisiting embryonic stem cell lines, yet embroynic stem cell research can continue without federal funding.  There is no restriction on federal funding of adult stem cells, and no restriction on federal funding for placental or cord blood stem cells.
Stem cell therapy is also not considered for therapy for viral or bacterial disease.  Stem cells would do nothing to cure AIDS, or Hepatitis.  You cure viral diseases with vaccines.  Perhaps, and that is a very big perhaps, stem cells can impact the effect on the human body caused by viral diseases, but if you do not deal with the viral infection then it is all for naught anyway.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 07:27:20 PM by ziggy »

AA Mil

Guest_Dromedarius

Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2004, 08:05:59 PM »
I don't care what Bush's oppenent will or will not do for this country all I know is I don't want Bush and his cronies in office another day.

Now HERE'S in intelligent response.  :crazy:  I suppose if Saddam Hussein were allowed to run for office you would vote for him. It's amazing how much effort goes into being stupid.

:bash:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2004, 08:27:12 PM »
I don't care what Bush's oppenent will or will not do for this country all I know is I don't want Bush and his cronies in office another day.

Now HERE'S in intelligent response.  :crazy:  I suppose if Saddam Hussein were allowed to run for office you would vote for him. It's amazing how much effort goes into being stupid.

:bash:
If you burn your hand on a hot object do you touch it again if given the choice?  Of course not, I know what to expect from Bush so I don't want to go down that road anymore, I would rather choose the unknown than get burned by Bush and his cronies.  It's that simple.  It's still amazes me that I have to connect the dots for some dummies.  I guess I'm more accustomed to the regulars on the board who don't need to be lead by the hand.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 08:36:23 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2004, 08:35:27 PM »

With all due respect WOW, stem cell research has not yet provided a cure for any single ailment.  In one of the few cases where it was actually used as a therapy the results were horrific, and worse than thalidomide used by pregnant women in the 60's.
Bush has not outlawed stem cell research.  He has limited federal funding of embroyonic stem cell research to exisiting embryonic stem cell lines, yet embroynic stem cell research can continue without federal funding.  There is no restriction on federal funding of adult stem cells, and no restriction on federal funding for placental or cord blood stem cells.
Stem cell therapy is also not considered for therapy for viral or bacterial disease.  Stem cells would do nothing to cure AIDS, or Hepatitis.  You cure viral diseases with vaccines.  Perhaps, and that is a very big perhaps, stem cells can impact the effect on the human body caused by viral diseases, but if you do not deal with the viral infection then it is all for naught anyway.
Completely disagree ziggy.  I'm very much into biotechs both at work and investing, stem cells are the key to everything.  Geneticly engineered/modified stem cells can stop AIDS, HEP and everything else under the sun.  Stem cells are the ONLY cells in the human body that become other types of cell in the body, most notably the three types of cells that make up the human immune system, they are the key.

There are three types of cells that make up our immune system.  Put simply they are the messengers, the identifiers and the killers.  When a foreign cell enters the body the messengers take a sample to the identifiers to determine what the foreigner is, if it's bad the killers come in.  HIV is brilliant in that it attacks and kills the identifiers faster than it itself is killed.  HIV morphs so much that the body can't keep up and eventually you have all the messengers and killers you need to destroy HIV but no cell to identify and target HIV.  Once your identifier cell count gets bellow a certain number you have AIDS.  Stem cells can be engineers to resists HIV and give your body the time it needs to destroy HIV, HEP, Chrons...etc....

It's going to be the only way to defeat HIV/AIDS because your standard drug approach will not work the way it doesn't work against a cold.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2004, 09:14:51 PM »

Completely disagree ziggy.  I'm very much into biotechs both at work and investing, stem cells are the key to everything.  Geneticly engineered/modified stem cells can stop AIDS, HEP and everything else under the sun.  Stem cells are the ONLY cells in the human body that become other types of cell in the body, most notably the three types of cells that make up the human immune system, they are the key.

There are three types of cells that make up our immune system.  Put simply they are the messengers, the identifiers and the killers.  When a foreign cell enters the body the messengers take a sample to the identifiers to determine what the foreigner is, if it's bad the killers come in.  HIV is brilliant in that it attacks and kills the identifiers faster than it itself is killed.  HIV morphs so much that the body can't keep up and eventually you have all the messengers and killers you need to destroy HIV but no cell to identify and target HIV.  Once your identifier cell count gets bellow a certain number you have AIDS.  Stem cells can be engineers to resists HIV and give your body the time it needs to destroy HIV, HEP, Chrons...etc....

It's going to be the only way to defeat HIV/AIDS because your standard drug approach will not work the way it doesn't work against a cold.
I suppose it will work the same way Interferon worked to "cure" cancer.

Lets call the debate over stem cell research what it is.  It is about MONEY.  FEDERAL MONEY.  I have yet to hear more promises, about anything, EVER, than we hear about stem cells, none of which has yet been proven to be true, or even possible.  The mantra of magical cures is all about getting access to $$$$$$$.

I am not saying stem cells do not have possibilities, but the notion that they will cure all the ailments of mankind is a myth propagated to get money!!!  Call me when they are actually proven to cure anything.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 12:28:54 AM by ziggy »

AA Mil

Guest_Dromedarius

Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2004, 09:26:57 PM »
ziggy's right. One of the reason's stem cell research isn't getting a lot of attention from this White House is because it DOESN'T WORK. It's never shown the ability to change ANYTHING. Talk about connecting the dots...

Dan Rather to Bush:
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2004, 09:49:22 PM »
I think I heard somewhere that in a lot of cases of HIV/AIDS, a little self-control and a little rubber thingy could do a whole lot to "defeat" AIDS.