Author Topic: Did a plane really hit the pentagon?  (Read 2876 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Did a plane really hit the pentagon?
« on: September 14, 2004, 03:23:27 PM »
The king of conspiracy theories around here because I happen to either be emailed weird links or find them in other articles.  However, I did find this one to be intresting.  Its a little movie about the plane flying (or in this case not flying) into the side of the pentagon.

http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryho...ntagon.php#Main  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 05:17:34 PM »
Yep, Bush and his cronies shot a missile into the pentagon just to make it look good -- of course, in order to do that they had to also destroy flight 77 and everyone on it!  

This report would make Michael Moore proud!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 05:41:12 PM »
Yep, Bush and his cronies shot a missile into the pentagon just to make it look good -- of course, in order to do that they had to also destroy flight 77 and everyone on it! 

Not even you can twist this around.  Better yet, if you and Reality paired up you couldn't twist this around.

No one brought up Bush Mr. Quick to Defend, dont worry his honor on the Internet is still in tact.....just saying that the damage done by a 747 would have been alot worse than that.  To me it sounded like they were saying a small plane hit the building, not a 747.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 05:42:07 PM by westkoast »

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 05:56:51 PM »

Not even you can twist this around.  Better yet, if you and Reality paired up you couldn't twist this around.

No one brought up Bush Mr. Quick to Defend, dont worry his honor on the Internet is still in tact.....just saying that the damage done by a 747 would have been alot worse than that.  To me it sounded like they were saying a small plane hit the building, not a 747.
I thought they were talking about a 757.

Those are fairly small, compared to a 747 that is.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 05:59:07 PM »

I thought they were talking about a 757.

Those are fairly small, compared to a 747 that is.
You are right a 757...but its still a massive plane that would have done alot more damage

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 06:17:51 PM »
I don't know. The Pentagon is an absolutely huge building. The area of damage may look small in close up shots, but it was actually quite large. At least a few hundred feet wide.

Also, I could swear I'd seen video or a picture of the plane flying toward the Pentagon. Can anyone corroborate that?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 09:28:17 PM »
I don't know. The Pentagon is an absolutely huge building. The area of damage may look small in close up shots, but it was actually quite large. At least a few hundred feet wide.

Also, I could swear I'd seen video or a picture of the plane flying toward the Pentagon. Can anyone corroborate that?
There are better pictures of the damage but its all after the fires burned.  Again, Im not saying I believe this.   Did it really take them a couple of years of serious investigating and long hours of PHP coding to "figure" :rolleyes: and put that stuff out?  I only posted it because I knew someone would like it....Randy liked it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 09:28:54 PM by westkoast »

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 10:39:25 PM »
even the video shows two clean holes in the pentagon,,, it says could a plane be this neat?  no...but two jet engine coming off the wings could have continued into the pentagon and punched those holes.  something doesnt seem right about this video, i say its a hoax, my recollection is that there was wreckage of aircraft outside the pentagon - if the FBI recovered soo much video so quickly - how did cnn, fox and other news agencies get to release video of a damaged pentagon??  what about witness report seeing the 757 circle the senate before heading towards the pentagon??  and if there was some wight to this...why is it only coming out know, you would have seen every bit of liberal media jumping on a lot sooner if this was not a hoax...

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 07:23:50 AM »
even the video shows two clean holes in the pentagon,,, it says could a plane be this neat?  no...but two jet engine coming off the wings could have continued into the pentagon and punched those holes.  something doesnt seem right about this video, i say its a hoax, my recollection is that there was wreckage of aircraft outside the pentagon - if the FBI recovered soo much video so quickly - how did cnn, fox and other news agencies get to release video of a damaged pentagon??  what about witness report seeing the 757 circle the senate before heading towards the pentagon??  and if there was some wight to this...why is it only coming out know, you would have seen every bit of liberal media jumping on a lot sooner if this was not a hoax...
sorry i logged the "guest" text...just didnt sign in from home last night...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 09:05:43 AM »
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

Here's the link that disputes x3's claim.  
Paul

Guest_Randy

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 09:53:07 AM »

No one can twist this?  That's funny!  

First, if this wasn't a swipe at Bush, who was it a swipe at?  Think some pentagon official decided to just blow up a couple of walls on his own?  

Second, okay, a plan really didn't hit the building -- so what happened to flight 77?  Who convinced American to make up that flight number and say they had a plan that disappeared?  You think David Copperfield was behind it's disappearance?  I mean SOMETHING happened to the plane, right?  People were contacted and told that their family members died in this way and it was all a hoax?  

I'm quite amazed that people seem to think it's okay to have this kind of a thread and at the same time critique Bush for using 9/11 in his political ads.  I don't think that people dying should ever be used for political advancement -- and I doubt the family members of flight 77 would be amused by the little story which, if people do believe it, basically says that their family members didn't die this way -- which leaves them with the question, "so how DID they die?"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 10:12:18 AM »

No one can twist this?  That's funny!  

First, if this wasn't a swipe at Bush, who was it a swipe at?  Think some pentagon official decided to just blow up a couple of walls on his own?  

Second, okay, a plan really didn't hit the building -- so what happened to flight 77?  Who convinced American to make up that flight number and say they had a plan that disappeared?  You think David Copperfield was behind it's disappearance?  I mean SOMETHING happened to the plane, right?  People were contacted and told that their family members died in this way and it was all a hoax?  

I'm quite amazed that people seem to think it's okay to have this kind of a thread and at the same time critique Bush for using 9/11 in his political ads.  I don't think that people dying should ever be used for political advancement -- and I doubt the family members of flight 77 would be amused by the little story which, if people do believe it, basically says that their family members didn't die this way -- which leaves them with the question, "so how DID they die?"
Randy you can't twist around quotes from people at the pentagon.  With provided links.

How much does Bush pay you to defend his honor on the Internet?  Who was it taking a swipe at?  The government.  George Bush Jr is not the only person in the government Randy.  There are plenty of other people who make decisions.  So quick to jump and defend Bush, what has he done for you that makes you feel like you have to defend him?  I know why I take shots at him, he put America in a bad situation with his foreign policy while at the same time not focusing in on issues at home like he could have.

Randy, Like I said I just posted this for the hell of it.  This board is here to discuss, debate, and express opinions on various topics.  I posted this because 1) Basketball season is not underway  2) Football only comes on 2x a week and 3) because it would get people talking.  If I knew it would have ruffled your feather I would have made that #4.

You are comparing apples and oranges.  Just because I thought this would be a good topic to get people to talk about on a message board has nothing to do with if its ok or not ok for Bush to have 9-11 in his ads to further his chances at relection.  Don't know how you managed to try to link those two together.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 10:13:24 AM by westkoast »

Guest_Randy

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 10:18:53 AM »
I really don't care why you decided to post it -- I think it's in VERY poor taste!  You still continue to ignore that if flight 77 didn't crash into the pentagon then what happened to the plane and all it's passengers and flight personnel?  The families of this flight were informed that their loved one died in this crash -- to begin to say "hey, maybe it didn't happen after all" is pretty crass, IMO.  You need to bring something like this up after you have FACTS -- not just some half-baked conspiracy theory!  I know I would like this if it were one of my family members that died on the plane!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 10:51:56 AM »
I really don't care why you decided to post it -- I think it's in VERY poor taste!  You still continue to ignore that if flight 77 didn't crash into the pentagon then what happened to the plane and all it's passengers and flight personnel?  The families of this flight were informed that their loved one died in this crash -- to begin to say "hey, maybe it didn't happen after all" is pretty crass, IMO.  You need to bring something like this up after you have FACTS -- not just some half-baked conspiracy theory!  I know I would like this if it were one of my family members that died on the plane!
I didnt?

There are better pictures of the damage but its all after the fires burned. Again, Im not saying I believe this. Did it really take them a couple of years of serious investigating and long hours of PHP coding to "figure"  :rolleyes: and put that stuff out? I only posted it because I knew someone would like it....Randy liked it.

That was posted LAST NIGHT by me.  Notice the quotes around figure and the rolleyes smiley.  If that doesn't throw up the sarcasm flag for you I don't know what will.  

What do you mean post this when I have facts?  Im not investigating, im not saying its true, I posted it.  I didn't make the movie Randy.  I got emailed the link.  There's a difference.   I thought a 757 would do alot more damage like that, but as 101 pointed out the Pentagon had just got reinforced steel put int.  Something like 20 feet thick.  Did I know that? No.  Did anyone else? No.  By posting the topic someone replied with facts that disproved it.  That's part of any message board debate is it not?

Thats great you think its poor taste, but that wasnt the original reason you were mad.  You were mad because you thought it was a shot at Bush.  You weren't originally mad because you think I dont care about the people who died on the crash.  For the past 2 years or so on this board ive posted links to random, weird, and out there stuff ive found on the Net.  I havent been doing anything new.  I do find it funny you are talking about my poor taste yet defend Bush's poor taste like he signs your checks.  Who's poor taste is really effecting people?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 11:02:03 AM by westkoast »

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 10:58:41 AM »
I'm with Randy on this one.  If the flight didn't crash into the Pentagon, then what happened to the flight?  Insinuating that the flight never crashed into the Pentagon without offering some evidence of what REALLY happened to the flight is completely meaningless.

Is it a shot at the government?  You bet.  It's saying that either a) the government is too incompetent to know what really happened to the people on that plane or B) the government is lying to us all about the plane hitting that building.  As to who that points to in the government, I could care less - but I do believe that it is an UNDESERVED shot at the government.  Do I believe the government lies to me?  You bet...all the time.  Do I believe they're lying to me on this one?  *NO*.  This is just an insincere attempt to feed the general paranoia I already have about the government in hopes that I'll trust the government even less than I do - and, presumably, trust some other faction more.

I'm not buying it.  I want evidence of what happened to the plane before I believe that the plane didn't hit the Pentagon.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!