Author Topic: Sixers v Wiz 12/19  (Read 6519 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Sixers v Wiz 12/19
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 11:12:02 PM »
Speights mentioned after the game that his good chemistry with Lou has a lot to do with them both playing on the second team in practice.  Maybe someday Lou and Speights will get some more practice run alongside the other starters, given I expect them both to be regular 'closers' even if they don't start.

Remember last year Jason Smith was one of the few guys Lou consistently found for assists- probably for the same reason.  And, yes, I'm talkin' about practice.

I hope Lou and Brand can eventually develop similar chemistry.

Player pairs with good chemistry:

Miller/Green (prev KK on back door plays)
Dala/Sam
Lou/Speights (prev Jason Smith)

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 11:40:42 PM »
The biggest difference now as opposed to when Mo was in charge is the substitution rotation.  It makes sense.

I like DiLeo going to Theo...even giving Rush some 2nd quarter burn...he hits a 3...feels good about himself...and then Young immediately blows by him for a slam.  Hopefully a conversation is had, and that doesn't happen again (if Rush wants to play, that is).

Lou is ridiculous....Thad better throw another plate on in his weekly lifting sessions - he'll be playing a lot more 4...even when Brand is back.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »
Watching Rush 'defend' I was wondering if I could blow by him... he is that bad.  Got to give him credit for hitting some shots and being in the right place at the right time in the second half.

Haven't seen Rush much in the past.   I wonder if is is just that bad on defense, or if he could be passable if he had his legs under him some more with some consistent minutes.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 12:02:48 AM »
Rush is who he is - a limited NBA player who can give us selective 2nd/3rd quarter minutes...but no more, IMO.  Against certain teams, Rush can help...against other teams, Marshall can help - but here is where you run into roster problems...

Brand
Iggy
Thad
Lou
Miller
Speights
Sammy
Evans
Theo
Green
Rush
Marshall
Ivey...makes 13.

And you have to keep Ivey available as your backup PG in case Miller gets into foul tgrouble or turns an ankle in the 1st quarter...

Ummm....

Did I mention that Lou is ridiculous?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 12:09:33 AM »
All of the Sixers kids are really up and down- which makes sense given their age.  Its amazing how good or bad Lou, Thad, Dala (and I'm sure eventually Speights) can look from one night to the next.  There are times I think each is destined to be a star. 

Sam is similarly up and down, but that is Sammy being Sammy.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 11:32:59 AM »
I think playing for Cheeks hurt a lot of the young players.  His rotations and stupid matchups created additional problems for players like Lou and AI.  Not getting stable minutes hurts, not being matched up with guards who are looking to pass you the ball hurts. As a guard not having the players you are used to playing with hurts.

At least Dileo is putting them in places where they feel comfortable taking shots.  Last night was the first time I saw an outside shooter get set and ask for the ball. Instead of a last second pass for a desperation shot.

Tonight they get another challenge against a weak team in the Pacers.  I am a bit concerned that the Sixers are playing down to the level of their competition, but it's a little too soon to expect the team to have a real identity yet. Sam Dalembert's play is really hurting them, is it possible for him to stay out of foul trouble and keep his hand out of the rim?