Author Topic: Sixers v Wiz 12/19  (Read 6516 times)

jemagee

Re: Sixers v Wiz 12/19
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 08:38:49 PM »
3 goaltendings in 5 minutes for sam - what's the nba record for a quarter?

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 09:01:08 PM »
86-84 going to the 4th, through three, barely 65% on the defensive glass but caught up in the free throw department

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »
Nice offensive game for Speights including some strong post-up moves.  Sixers offense was better tonight against a weak Wizards team, but their defense was really lacking until the end of the game.

It's clear that Dileo has figured out that Speights is his Center at the end, at least on the offensive end.  Seemed silly to take him out in favor of Ratliff for defense, considering the blocks Mareese managed.

Lou Williams was the clear star of the game, simply an amazing offensive outburst in the first quarter. He had 4 assists all passes to Speights.

Sixers shooting has been significantly better since Cheeks has left.  They are now shooting near 50% for those 3 games AC.

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 09:59:27 PM »
Sixers shooting has been significantly better since Cheeks has left.  They are now shooting near 50% for those 3 games AC.

Seems coincidental I would think - they've also played 2 games against the wizards and one game against the bucks - the bottom dwellers of the east?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 10:02:15 PM »
I got back to see the last 1:30 of the game.  Looks like Lou went off, glad I picked him up for my fantasy team this week.  Speights is going to really be a player in this league.  I'm still not sure how thiw team is going to fare against better teams, but hopefully playing better teams will bring their level of play up as well.

BTW, Despereaux did not suck, nothing spectacular, but good voice work and overall well done enough.

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 10:03:23 PM »
I'm looking for a christmas day movie (chinese and a movie - the jewish tradition) and really can't find anything - i had hopes for the spirit but the reviews are SO TERRIBLE i'm not sure i can justify spending a dime before seeing it on netflix...desperaux was my next great hope - but i must admit hearing matthew broderick do a mouse isn't something i look forward to

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 10:12:24 PM »
Holy Lou Williams.  Looks SO much more comfortable at SG.  Also has nice chemistry with Speights already it seems.

He's been playing SG all year.

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 10:12:43 PM »
Can he have willies minutes yet?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2008, 10:14:18 PM »
It's clear that Dileo has figured out that Speights is his Center at the end, at least on the offensive end.  Seemed silly to take him out in favor of Ratliff for defense, considering the blocks Mareese managed.

Ratliff was a much better defender tonight IMO.  I don't have a problem with the offense/defense switches DiLeo did.  I had a problem with him bringing Theo in as the first big off the bench though, but Theo did seem to provide a spark.  Just hope it's not a regular occurrence.

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 10:15:06 PM »
I'm usually really hard ont he fella - was sam as bad as i think tonight or just 'normal' sam?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 10:20:49 PM »
He stank.

The defensive goaltending on the rebound was astounding.

Almost as bad as him trying to set a pick when Brand was posting up last game.

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 10:26:27 PM »
The defensive goaltending on the rebound was astounding.

I thought 3 goaltends in 5 minutes seemed a bit bad - but i wasn't entirely sure since we know i'm prone to hate sam :)

So can Speights start NOW?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 10:29:51 PM »
I don't mind using Ratliff on D if for no other reason than to protect Speights from foul trouble like he had last game.  It is hysterical that over on Philaphans they are declaring this game proof that they can't play or run with brand, forgetting that this is the same team the Sixers utterly destroyed a week ago in DiLeo's first game with Brand going off for 27 pts.

Lou Williams finally has his SG brain back on, early in the season he was indecisive and was trying to play alternatively like a PG and a SG.  He is clearly a SG that can bring the ball up like a PG and pass well for a SG, but can't run the offense except through himself, which is fine for his role.

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 10:33:10 PM »
It ain't just philaphans - over reactions abound

Lou Williams finally has his SG brain back on, early in the season he was indecisive and was trying to play alternatively like a PG and a SG.  He is clearly a SG that can bring the ball up like a PG and pass well for a SG, but can't run the offense except through himself, which is fine for his role.

*cough* *cough*

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 11:02:09 PM »
Lou's improved play has nothing to do with Brand being out, he has been playing better for a couple of weeks now.  Lou's biggest contribution to this team is not on the break, but in the halfcourt.  He is the only player they have that can consistently create his own offense.  I'd really like to see him play the pick and pop with Brand.

The biggest difference between the team at the end of Mo's reighn and now is that win or lose the young guns are playing big minutes.  Mo started getting very veterany towards the end, but this is still a team of the future and the future needs to play now.