Author Topic: Congrats Spurs fans  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 11:31:08 AM »
And thanks to all of the true Laker fans for stepping up and acknowledging a good game.  As I said before....a preview of the NBA championship series.

Favorite moment of the game was the little exchange bewtween Duncan & Joe Crawford.  Crawford's "Who?" followed by his comment to the other refs "I didn't even know who he was talking about".  My question to Crawford (and Stern et al) is:  Should it matter?   Rules should be enforced equally for all players.  It shouldn't matter if the ref "knows" who the player is or not.  If any player aggressively drives the lane and is fouled the whistle should blow.

And before Randy goes off on his high horse tangent....I know that it isn't called that way on the court.  I am just saying that it should be....and have said so for years.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2004, 11:35:59 AM »
And thanks to all of the true Laker fans for stepping up and acknowledging a good game.  As I said before....a preview of the NBA championship series.

Favorite moment of the game was the little exchange bewtween Duncan & Joe Crawford.  Crawford's "Who?" followed by his comment to the other refs "I didn't even know who he was talking about".  My question to Crawford (and Stern et al) is:  Should it matter?   Rules should be enforced equally for all players.  It shouldn't matter if the ref "knows" who the player is or not.  If any player aggressively drives the lane and is fouled the whistle should blow.

And before Randy goes off on his high horse tangent....I know that it isn't called that way on the court.  I am just saying that it should be....and have said so for years.
yeah that was funny, poor devin brown "no seriously, i dont know who you are talking about."  i was rolling.  devin had a good game the night before, what dide he score? 19 points off the bench, he is a hard player for coming off the bench, really living his dream, coming from san antonio and playing for his home team, thats awesome.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2004, 12:11:38 PM »

Just for your information, my "high horse" is in the shop but I expect it back by the end of the week as good as new.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2004, 12:14:16 PM »
Congrats to the Spurs and their fans.  Spurs did a great job of preventing the Lakers from getting in to their offense and passing the way they have been during their previous winning streak.  Parker had a great game and was definitely the difference maker.  I hope to meet in the playoffs again this year, should make for another great battle.
Were you there and what was the scalp scene?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2004, 12:23:01 PM »
And thanks to all of the true Laker fans for stepping up and acknowledging a good game.  As I said before....a preview of the NBA championship series.

Favorite moment of the game was the little exchange bewtween Duncan & Joe Crawford.  Crawford's "Who?" followed by his comment to the other refs "I didn't even know who he was talking about".  My question to Crawford (and Stern et al) is:  Should it matter?   Rules should be enforced equally for all players.  It shouldn't matter if the ref "knows" who the player is or not.  If any player aggressively drives the lane and is fouled the whistle should blow.

And before Randy goes off on his high horse tangent....I know that it isn't called that way on the court.  I am just saying that it should be....and have said so for years.
Just for your information, my "high horse" is in the shop but I expect it back by the end of the week as good as new.
Then I'll have to find some fresh hay for it to feed on.....

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2004, 12:28:06 PM »
Reality, I was there and I talked to one scalper, but he was very sketchy so I didn't take his offer very seriously and kept walking.  Without being able to give you exact figures, I can tell you the prices I heard for tix were extremely high.  Everyone's back on the bandwagon these days ... you know how it goes in lala land ...  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 12:52:07 PM »
That Crawford take on Brown was classic. We usually do not see the actual thinking that goes on with refs, but there was Crawford telling Duncan that Brown was still a nobody so don't expect him to get the favorable call.

Yet.

Then for Brown to go up to Crawford in the middle of the game and introduce himself. That is when I was rolling on the floor. :lol:  :lol:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »
And thanks to all of the true Laker fans for stepping up and acknowledging a good game.  As I said before....a preview of the NBA championship series.

Favorite moment of the game was the little exchange bewtween Duncan & Joe Crawford.  Crawford's "Who?" followed by his comment to the other refs "I didn't even know who he was talking about".  My question to Crawford (and Stern et al) is:  Should it matter?   Rules should be enforced equally for all players.  It shouldn't matter if the ref "knows" who the player is or not.  If any player aggressively drives the lane and is fouled the whistle should blow.

And before Randy goes off on his high horse tangent....I know that it isn't called that way on the court.  I am just saying that it should be....and have said so for years.

Lurker, you seem to be a bit confused.  What you always tried to feed my "high horse" doesn't go in a horse, it comes out a bull.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Spurs fans
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2004, 12:34:39 PM »

Favorite moment of the game was the little exchange bewtween Duncan & Joe Crawford.  Crawford's "Who?" followed by his comment to the other refs "I didn't even know who he was talking about".  My question to Crawford (and Stern et al) is:  Should it matter?   Rules should be enforced equally for all players.  It shouldn't matter if the ref "knows" who the player is or not.  If any player aggressively drives the lane and is fouled the whistle should blow.

Lurker, you seem to be a bit confused.  What you always tried to feed my "high horse" doesn't go in a horse, it comes out a bull.
And you always step hip deep into it.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

-Moody Blues