Author Topic: Bunch of good matchups the next 7 days  (Read 4318 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Bunch of good matchups the next 7 days
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 06:37:02 PM »
Those missed free throws were due to the Kings knowing without a doubt it would not matter if they made them or not, the refs just would not let them win.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I thought it was because the Kings were a bunch of chokers with no heart!  I guess they were air-balling wide open 3 pointers for the same reason.  ::)  It's a trip when rationality goes out the window, almost as trippy as watching a gutless worm of a team fold under the pressure of game 7 at Arco Arena.  ;D  No wait, the trippiest is hearing the chants of M V P at Arco Arena everytime Kobe went to the FT line in the 4th quarter.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »
Those missed free throws were due to the Kings knowing without a doubt it would not matter if they made them or not, the refs just would not let them win.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I thought it was because the Kings were a bunch of chokers with no heart!  I guess they were air-balling wide open 3 pointers for the same reason.  ::)  It's a trip when rationality goes out the window, almost as trippy as watching a gutless worm of a team fold under the pressure of game 7 at Arco Arena.  ;D  No wait, the trippiest is hearing the chants of M V P at Arco Arena everytime Kobe went to the FT line in the 4th quarter.

The Kings aren't the ones who needed League interference to make sure they escaped the Western finals that year. The Almighty Lakers that was supposed to roll through everyone that year found it too troublesome in SacTown to do it themselves, so let the League save their asses when they clearly were unable to do it themselves.

And personally l am glad you got to hear those MVP chants from true Laker fans who attended that game at Arco, because in the replay game at Staples, Nickolson and his crowd pretty much sat on their hands instead of mentioning it. Must be so gratifying knowing no one who attends home Laker games feels the MVP sentiment for their own star player. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »
It's funny that you remember the one game that the refs blew it for the Kings when it was only a "make up" for giving the Kings game 3.

I disagree.  I would say it was a make up game for giving the Kings 3 games.

Nah, it was just galling to you, watching ANY games not being handed to your Lakers on a silver platter that year. The Kings outplayed the LA team in that series and by game six, when the writing was on the wall, the League refs jumped in to stop it. Simple truth does hurt.   ;)
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 08:16:57 PM »
Man O man, bitterness, thy name is JoMal!

Your boys blew a series they had in hand, they choked on their own fear and ineptitude, it wasn't the first time a team did that, and it will not be the last, ask the Mavs, ask the Pats, ask the Blazers, it happens. When you start accusing your own team of clanking their own free throws because they suspect ref foul play, you overreach even Realities delusional stupidity, and believe me, that was hard for me to type.

I thought I was the only grousing old curmudgeon on this board, let it go my friend let it go, take a drink of some that great old wine you collect and LET IT GO.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 08:54:08 PM »
The Almighty Lakers that was supposed to roll through everyone that year found it too troublesome in SacTown to do it themselves, so let the League save their asses when they clearly were unable to do it themselves.

You are getting so old even your most bitter memories are fading.  The previous year is the year the Lakers were supposed to roll eveyone and they DID.  The year the Sacless Mental Queens choked at the FT line was one where the Lakers were ripe for picking off.  Shaq looked horrible against Malik Rose and the Spurs and the Laker defense was suspect.  The Queens never did anything anyway so what does it matter, they sucked for years before that series and they sucked for years after. 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »
That's laughable -- the NBA doesn't do anything about it because if they did, the Spurs would struggle.  Why did the league give a game suspension to the Suns players and then look the other way for TD -- because they wanted the Spurs to win.  It's really hard to believe you can be so naive. 

Randy, um, a bit of advice.

As a Laker fan, you should never, and I mean NEVER bring up League favoritism for any other team that occurs in the playoffs within the English speaking world.

Need I remind you of the Kings/Lakers game six playoff game that LA lost, but the refs absolutely refused to allow it?

Who's being naive.

JoMal -- haven't you seen the commercial where the ref admits to the crowd that he blew the call in the first half but tells them not to worry -- he will make it up by making a horrible call on the other team in the second half.  It's funny that you remember the one game that the refs blew it for the Kings when it was only a "make up" for giving the Kings game 3.

Game seven was just a continuation of game six. Those missed free throws were due to the Kings knowing without a doubt it would not matter if they made them or not, the refs just would not let them win.

And when does a completely different ref crew wait three games, and with the series on the line, THEN decide it was make up time for some other referee group?  ???

Brain giving you a freeze, there, Randy?

But let me not deter you from your hypocritical rant against the Spurs getting their League favoritism, especially in lieu of, you know, an actual League rule about what would happen to any players leaving the bench during an altercation on the court.  Like a black and white rule IN THE BOOK, takes precedence over a robbery so obvious, politicians had to weigh in on the bizarre nature of it.

But again I deviate. Tell us again how the Spurs benefitted against the Suns. And then please, PLEASE, tell us how your NBA "knowledge" is sooooo much more insightful then Reality's, who seems to be the whipping boy for, I don't know, alledged moronic and hypocritical stupidity so blatant it makes me gag to read it.

You were saying......?

lol -- this is funny -- so what you are saying is that the Kings have a horrible memory because they can't remember just a couple of games back when the Lakers couldn't buy a trip to the free throw line (probably because their pockets were full of the cash that the Maloofs paid them) but the Kings were sent there every time down the court.  But it's obvious that your memory is as poor as the Kings -- the only thing you remember is your faith in collusion (guess it's the only thing you have let -- memories of collusion -- does it keep you warm at night?). 

Okay, the rule is black and white -- I couldn't agree more -- in fact, I'd say that it proves that TD should have been suspended for leaving the bench.  After all, altercation means a noisy heated angry debate and that definately occured between Elson/James.  The rule is very clear about crossing onto the floor -- what isn't clear is what it takes to become an altercation.  Players walk out on the court ALL the time -- however, if it wasn't an altercation -- why did Bowen walk onto the court to get TD off the court.  The problem is that while the rule is "black and white" -- what it takes to be an altercation obviously isn't.  That is left up to the subjective decision of Stern and company.

And it's still quite funny that you remember the badly called game against the Kings but still manage to overlook the badly called game against the Lakers only a few games before.  If that game had been called correctly, game #7 would have never happened.  Why don't you gag on that for a while -- it's a lot better than those sour grapes you continue to swallow.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 08:39:36 AM »
Last nights PHX/GS game was really fun to watch.  Anyone get a chance to watch it?   I love when one little bad stretch can cost a team a game (when it's not the Lakers on the bad end LOL) so they have to execute and play hard for the entire 48 minutes.  They were battling last night.  Can't wait for the games this weekend.

No reason for NBA League Pass because I checked and most of these games should be nationally televised.  I know there's 2 games on Tuesday with TNT.  All the weekend games are on local television or ESPN I believe.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com