Author Topic: Bunch of good matchups the next 7 days  (Read 4324 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bunch of good matchups the next 7 days
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 12:25:16 PM »
It's the same old, same old Randy.  People gripe and moan about bruce being dirty, manu flopping, etc.  Get over it.  I have mentioned this to Wow in conversation before that any team would support any of these players if they were on that team because they play hard and play to win, they are tough and do what it takes.  It's your OPINION that he is dirty, if you can't be "realistic" then take it up with the NBA and ask them why they have not come down on Bruce for every single occurence he has been accused of. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:27:23 PM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »
That's laughable -- the NBA doesn't do anything about it because if they did, the Spurs would struggle.  Why did the league give a game suspension to the Suns players and then look the other way for TD -- because they wanted the Spurs to win.  It's really hard to believe you can be so naive.  The NBA will fine other players but look the other way for Bowen -- they have ever since he came to the Spurs.

PS - I noticed you didn't actually check any of the videos out -- if you had, you would have noticed that so many of the incidents are intentional rather than just "happening in the course of playing tough basketball."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 12:53:50 PM »
That's laughable -- the NBA doesn't do anything about it because if they did, the Spurs would struggle.  Why did the league give a game suspension to the Suns players and then look the other way for TD -- because they wanted the Spurs to win.  It's really hard to believe you can be so naive.  The NBA will fine other players but look the other way for Bowen -- they have ever since he came to the Spurs.

PS - I noticed you didn't actually check any of the videos out -- if you had, you would have noticed that so many of the incidents are intentional rather than just "happening in the course of playing tough basketball."

"they wanted the Spurs to win"??    ::) :o ::) :o

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 01:39:42 PM »
You find that hard to believe?  I guess you find it easier to believe that the league ignores Bowen's dirty antics even though it happens constantly and EVERYONE else sees it and talks about it.  Yeah, the knee to Nash's groin was an accident! Yeah, the constant placing your foot under a jump shooters foot so they land on it -- simply another accident!  Yeah, the fact that Bowen has kicked several players -- simply another accident!  If any player was doing this to TD, you would be screaming bloody murder and the player would be kicked out of the league.  Isn't it amazing how many "accidents" Bowen is involved in? 

Yet another of Bowen's unfortunate accidents -- definately no league collusion here -- I'm surprised that he even got called for the foul!  Anyone else and it would have been a flagrant and suspension!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTnU2VaS_s&feature=related

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »
OK, has anyone seen the movie, "Conspiracy Theory."   I think we have a sequel here...::)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 03:13:22 PM »
OK, has anyone seen the movie, "Conspiracy Theory."   I think we have a sequel here...::)

They already made a movie about the 2007 playoffs already?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »
 :D :P ::)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 03:52:19 PM »

"they wanted the Spurs to win"??    ::) :o ::) :o

Well, it's obvious that they didn't want the Suns to win and since there were only two teams playing, it really leaves the Spurs. 

In a play that went entirely unnoticed until well after the game was over, both Duncan and Bowen actually left San Antonio's bench early in the second quarter after Francisco Elson and James Jones were entangled. Replays clearly show Duncan walking several steps onto the court as Elson and Jones appeared to be ready to get into it. Bowen then followed Duncan onto the floor, grabbed him and led him back to the bench. If the league does indeed follow the letter of the law, both Spurs players would also be suspended for Game 5.

The rule states that players cannot step onto the floor during an "altercation" -- which is defined as "a noisy heated angry dispute" -- both of the events (the Horry push and the Elson/James entanglement) can definately be viewed as an altercation.  There wasn't a fight in either case -- no players jumped in to be involved in fights but players from both teams stepped onto the floor during an altercation.  One was deemed enough of an altercation to suspend players and one was not. 

Here are statements from Stu Jackson:

But NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson told reporters in a conference call after announcing the suspensions that the league's longstanding policy of invoking its leave-the-bench rule without considering additional factors made the Suns' suspensions automatic.

"A precedent wasn't necessary here," Jackson said. "The rule with respect to leaving the bench area during an altercation is very clear.

"Historically, if you break it, you will get suspended, regardless of what the circumstances are."

Jackson added that Stoudemire and Diaw, in the league's estimation, were "about 20 to 25 feet away from their seats" and headed "towards the altercation" before Suns assistant coaches scrambled them back to the bench.

The Suns countered by saying that Duncan and Bruce Bowen were guilty of a similar leaving-the-bench offense in Game 4's first half when San Antonio's Francisco Elson fell on the Suns' James Jones after a dunk. That play was also reviewed, but Jackson -- while conceding that Duncan "should not have been on the playing court" -- said that the league determined there was "no cause for the suspension rule" to be applied because the Elson-Jones tangle was not deemed to be an altercation.

That will likely only fuel Phoenix's series-long contention that the Spurs have been receiving favorable treatment from the league. Bowen was accused of intentionally kicking Stoudemire in Game 2 and intentionally kneeing Nash in the groin in Game 3. Apart from the foul on Nash being upgraded to a flagrant foul, Bowen went unpunished in both instances.

In this years playoffs -- a team should recommend hard fouls -- and if TD steps onto the court, go ahead and throw a punch -- just to make sure it is REALLY an altercation (of course, you should get a scrub to do this so that you don't lose any of your starting players)!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 04:53:15 PM »
That's laughable -- the NBA doesn't do anything about it because if they did, the Spurs would struggle.  Why did the league give a game suspension to the Suns players and then look the other way for TD -- because they wanted the Spurs to win.  It's really hard to believe you can be so naive. 

Randy, um, a bit of advice.

As a Laker fan, you should never, and I mean NEVER bring up League favoritism for any other team that occurs in the playoffs within the English speaking world.

Need I remind you of the Kings/Lakers game six playoff game that LA lost, but the refs absolutely refused to allow it?

Who's being naive.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 05:08:22 PM »
That's laughable -- the NBA doesn't do anything about it because if they did, the Spurs would struggle.  Why did the league give a game suspension to the Suns players and then look the other way for TD -- because they wanted the Spurs to win.  It's really hard to believe you can be so naive. 

As a Laker fan, you should never, and I mean NEVER bring up League favoritism for any other team that occurs in the playoffs within the English speaking world.

Need I remind you of the Kings/Lakers game six playoff game that LA lost, but the refs absolutely refused to allow it?

Who's being naive.

Creeping up on a decade JoMaL...a decade.  Seriously.  Let the bitterness go.  Your squad lost the playoff series themselves.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »

;D

I was about to say, a Laker fan accusing the NBA for favoring another team is like Richard Simmons holding up "God Hates Fags" at a Neo-Con rally.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »
Creeping up on a decade JoMaL...a decade.  Seriously.  Let the bitterness go.  Your squad lost the playoff series themselves.

LOL!  I would be mad for 10 years as well if my team choked big time at the FT line as well.  IMO the Kings should be allowed to take the ball out of bounds instead of shooting FT from this day on.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 06:06:55 PM »

Who's being naive.

JoMal -- haven't you seen the commercial where the ref admits to the crowd that he blew the call in the first half but tells them not to worry -- he will make it up by making a horrible call on the other team in the second half.  It's funny that you remember the one game that the refs blew it for the Kings when it was only a "make up" for giving the Kings game 3.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »

Who's being naive.

JoMal -- haven't you seen the commercial where the ref admits to the crowd that he blew the call in the first half but tells them not to worry -- he will make it up by making a horrible call on the other team in the second half.  It's funny that you remember the one game that the refs blew it for the Kings when it was only a "make up" for giving the Kings game 3.

Game seven was just a continuation of game six. Those missed free throws were due to the Kings knowing without a doubt it would not matter if they made them or not, the refs just would not let them win.

And when does a completely different ref crew wait three games, and with the series on the line, THEN decide it was make up time for some other referee group?  ???

Brain giving you a freeze, there, Randy?

But let me not deter you from your hypocritical rant against the Spurs getting their League favoritism, especially in lieu of, you know, an actual League rule about what would happen to any players leaving the bench during an altercation on the court.  Like a black and white rule IN THE BOOK, takes precedence over a robbery so obvious, politicians had to weigh in on the bizarre nature of it.

But again I deviate. Tell us again how the Spurs benefitted against the Suns. And then please, PLEASE, tell us how your NBA "knowledge" is sooooo much more insightful then Reality's, who seems to be the whipping boy for, I don't know, alledged moronic and hypocritical stupidity so blatant it makes me gag to read it.

You were saying......?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »
It's funny that you remember the one game that the refs blew it for the Kings when it was only a "make up" for giving the Kings game 3.

I disagree.  I would say it was a make up game for giving the Kings 3 games.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"