Author Topic: Kings' team chemistry anticipated to greatly improve........  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kings' team chemistry anticipated to greatly improve........
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »
At his press conference, a sobbing Artest apologized to everyone, almost by name. The Kings, the SacTown fans, his teammates, he started with his wife and his family and did mention his prior teams. It was a long and at times silent (he paused often for the sobbing and to be comforted by his lawyer and by Petrie) apology that certainly sounded contrite.

But he left out his dog, Socks. This disturbed me. Of all the individuals he has wronged, none were more deserving of a direct apology then Socks. Socks is now being cared for by another local lawyer for Artest who is dealing with THAT case.

I see.
I typo'd.  Meant to have a question mark on the end.
"Sincerely contrite Artest?"
Yes the snippet i saw he did not seem have been liarwyer coached or reading from a script like some other notable press conference apologies of past few years.
Bummer.  Trade deadline i think the Kings could have gotten 80% value, maybe better.  Now 30-40%.  Ron Artest on sale at the one, the only Kings outlet.
Fabs for Artest.  I will do it.

Is Socks lawyer said to be holding out for a 7th year (Artest offering 6) of deer meat, filtered water and twice weekly bathes and rubdowns?  Along with pain and suffering?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 11:46:50 AM »
Fabs for Artest.  I will do it.

I'd like to see if PJ can deal with Artest.  My guess is no, because unlike Rodman, Artest has real mental problems.  He's on medication for them, it's not just drama, he has a documented mental illness.

I think Cook/Parker for Artest will work.  Kobe at PG and Artest at SG would be PJ's dream big guard back court.  IMO Kobe would miss more games due to injuries the first year with Artest than he's missed over his entire carreer because of practice maulings and brawls.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 12:29:31 PM »
Reality - Yes, the apologetic Artest did NOT read off a script or any writing of any kind. Local reporters were looking for something like that and could not see it. Ron did indeed sound contrite and very emotional, but his memory for everyone he felt needed an apology from him was amazing. Except for Socks, he literally named just about everyone he ever met.

WOW - The Lakers trading for Artest would put Jackson perminently in Idaho, most likely in the State Institution up there. Musselman apparently gets drunk after practices and games, hanging out at local watering holes, crying into his Chivas. Bibby clearly would like to be elsewhere. Martin only shows up for games when Artest is out. Miller plays "hide the meds" with Artest because he is an evil bastard at heart.

Ron has Luney Tune problems fer shure.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 12:47:37 PM »
Reality - Yes, the apologetic Artest did NOT read off a script or any writing of any kind. Local reporters were looking for something like that and could not see it. Ron did indeed sound contrite and very emotional, but his memory for everyone he felt needed an apology from him was amazing. Except for Socks, he literally named just about everyone he ever met.

WOW - The Lakers trading for Artest would put Jackson perminently in Idaho, most likely in the State Institution up there. Musselman apparently gets drunk after practices and games, hanging out at local watering holes, crying into his Chivas. Bibby clearly would like to be elsewhere. Martin only shows up for games when Artest is out. Miller plays "hide the meds" with Artest because he is an evil bastard at heart.

When Artest was a Pacer there was an article about his mental problems and the meds he needed to be on so I don't look down on him as I do on players like A-hole Cryverson and the Kobester.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 10:44:51 AM »

When Artest was a Pacer there was an article about his mental problems and the meds he needed to be on so I don't look down on him as I do on players like A-hole Cryverson and the Kobester.

Understood.

But as a teammate of Artest, this has to be a disruption, regardless of recognizing that his mental state drives his moods.

As a coach of Artest, how do you cope with the unannounced absences and the media questions about his latest run-in with the law?

Iverson and Bryant are also clearcut superstars in the League and anything they do on or off the court will reflect on their leadership with their respective teams. But any team that allows someone like Artest to rule the lockerroom are certifiable themselves.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."