Author Topic: Kings' team chemistry anticipated to greatly improve........  (Read 5577 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kings' team chemistry anticipated to greatly improve........
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:52:43 PM »
The Sacramento Bee
Artest arrested in domestic violence case

Sacramento Kings star Ron Artest was arrested Monday morning in his Loomis home on domestic violence charges, Placer County sheriff's officials announced Monday.

Sheriff's officials are planning a 4 p.m. press conference to discuss the incident, which was reported in a 911 call at 9:23 a.m., officials said.

Deputies who responded to Artest's home found a woman who had called 911 and, after interviewing her and Artest separately, arrested the Kings player.

Artest was arrested a charge of domestic violence and of using force or violence to prevent his victim from reporting a crime, officials said. He was booked into the Placer County Jail and bail was set at $50,000.

Dena Erwin, a spokeswoman for the Placer County Sheriff's Department, said Artest was "very cooperative" when deputies went to the home.

She said the woman in the home "had injuries but she declined medical attention."

Kings spokesman Troy Hanson said, "We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering information."

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/132934.html

Very cooperative, huh? I bet he was.

Kings get on a little role, win some road games, start scoring like they all said they would months ago in the pre season, Ron-Ron looks like he may be fitting into the team offense and enhance the ball movement.

Even the King's radio announcers start to actually believe their crap they have been saying all year about the King's making the playoffs.

What could go wrong?.............. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kings' team chemistry anticipated to greatly improve........
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »
*SIGH*

I know there can be millions of jokes from this....but damn why another distraction?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 06:32:33 PM »
Hey wk!

If the LAL and Sacto were any good, maybe there would be millions of jokes this incident - but at this point, no one cares about losers except for the Robert de Niro 'The Fan' types...LOL

BTW...to change to a totally different subject:

jn, have you ever noticed the weird names that newspapaers come up with?  Perfect example: the Sacramento 'Bee'... Bee?  WTH?  I know that these are relics from the olden days, but still!

Think about it...

- RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 08:49:21 PM »
Further info:

Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations, said the team was removing Artest from the team, pending a full investigation.

"The Kings have excused Ron Artest indefinitely from any further participation with the team due to his arrest today for domestic violence," Petrie said in a statement.

Team spokesman Troy Hanson told The Associated Press that Artest had not been suspended and still was being paid.

This sounds a bit more serious then just a few slaps. The woman was injured.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 09:23:03 PM »
Further info:

Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations, said the team was removing Artest from the team, pending a full investigation.

"The Kings have excused Ron Artest indefinitely from any further participation with the team due to his arrest today for domestic violence," Petrie said in a statement.

Team spokesman Troy Hanson told The Associated Press that Artest had not been suspended and still was being paid.

This sounds a bit more serious then just a few slaps. The woman was injured.

Yes, this is disturbing.  And strangely I'm at least equally disturbed by this little tidbit that was in the article ... somehow I missed this when it happened:

In early February, it was revealed that Artest paid $1,942 in boarding and impound fees because some of his dogs had spent a total of 77 nights at the Placer County pound since July. Animal control officers had gone to Artest's five-acre estate seven times in that period in response to callers' complaints about dogs being loose or not being fed.

I don't know what it is, but something about animal abuse bothers me more than human on human abuse.  Maybe it's because I'm a dog lover, and animal lover in general, but this really irks me.  I'm not trying to lessen the extent of domestic abuse b/c that's just horrific in and of itself, but something about animal cruelty really p's me off. 

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »
Hey JoMal!

I love it..."more serious than just a few slaps"!

Man, I need to move to Sacramento...they know how to deal with a woman there!

_RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 10:47:33 AM »

Interestingly enough, I also thought that comment was uncharacteristically crass, in a morbidly funny way, by our resident JoMaL.

The affect Artest has on his environment is a little more serious than we thought. :D
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 11:29:42 AM »
So in essence they are getting nothing for the whole Artest experiment now?!

If he is released I wonder who would pick him up.  Love to think no one  would but businessmen don't seem to care if they see buzz/$$$ for their team.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 12:17:49 PM »
Hey JoMal!

Man, I need to move to Sacramento...they know how to deal with a woman there!

_RB
Shaq #1

What do you mean by "how to deal with a woman"? My wife tends to whack me around a bit, but "just a few slaps" only when the neighbors are watching. Does that make me jaded?

That noted icon to womanhood, Sean Connery, admits to whacking his women into place once in a while, but somehow has never been arrested for it. I guess Artest is no Sean Connery, or more to the point, his significant other is no woman who would date Connery.

There is some very disturbing recent history to this story - and some not so recent. Early in his career, at the start of the famed Ron-Ron criminal record sheet, he was arrested on domestic abuse charges, so this is not new to their relationship. Back in the pre-season, his wife called the police to say Ron was vandalizing his own home. She did not want to press charges; just wanted it to be "on-the-record". In January, the dog abuse story broke and at least one dog owned by Artest was confiscated by animal control. Neighbors of his in the elite neighborhood where the Artests live have reported seeing confrontations between them as they jogged by their house, or have seen it in more public areas around the area.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, yes, they have kids living at home during all of this.

The only problems that have surfaced regarding the Kings has been Artest complaining to the media about how many shots Musselman runs for him at times. He thinks more of the offense should be handed over to him. Talk about delusional.

The talk radio this morning - always a good source of how other locals view things - tend to be of the "I told you so", variety. That would include me, I guess, as I had definite negative feelings prior to the Peja/Artest trade, but also felt he was trying hard to fit in and be a good team member for the organization after I saw how he conducted himself up to earlier this season.

Some of the talk has been oddly supportive of Artest, but stupid, like what he did was no worse then Musselman's DUI last year, and that clearly this is a racial thing, since Ron being an African American and Musselman being white that our society is coming down unfairly on Artest while Eric got a slap on the wrist for his actions. Thing is, Eric Musselman as far as we know, only made the one mistake, and I personnally know three people who have DUI's who got first time slaps similar to his, while domestic abuse accusations just tend to bring out the longer court trials and ramifications from the law.

And, um, I am not sure what image these call-in people are trying to convey, but the thought crossed my mind that they feel black people all tend to suffer domestic abuse, so what is the big deal? They should cut Artest some slack for it. Very disturbing.

Another thing. Since these things are the "public" accusations we have heard about. How much more have Petrie and the Maloofs kept hidden from the public in the mean time? You have to think there has been more high maintennance issues that have come up that we do not know about.

I also have been wondering just how Kevin Martin feels at the moment. Earlier in the day, Musselman told Kevin that he had been named the Player of the Week in the Western Conference for his recent play. That information sort of got buried by the Artest debacle.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 12:35:01 PM »
So in essence they are getting nothing for the whole Artest experiment now?!

If he is released I wonder who would pick him up.  Love to think no one  would but businessmen don't seem to care if they see buzz/$$$ for their team.

Interesting how Petrie handled this bit of the equation. The Kings "released" Artest from all activities associated with the team, (so he could deal with his arrest, I guess), but will continue to pay him. They are NOT suspending him because that would have provoked the Players Association to publically reprimand the team for unfair actions against a player who has just been "allegedly" accussed of a crime and not convicted. The Association is all about the player's money, and never mind about whether the person needs to be controlled via his paycheck.

This action leaves the door open for the organization to suspend Artest if he gets convicted or sentenced, while making it appear they support him while he is dealing with being arrested. Earlier this week, Artest was excused from playing a game against the Pacers for "personnal reasons", the most likely reason being his home life, though I am just assuming that is the reason.

Petrie appears to have prepared himself well for the time when Artest's bi-polar issues, or whatever his sanity problems are, kicked in and he would have to deal with it. The Maloof's, who pushed for the trade with Indiana, are now sitting out on their own limb over this problem.

On a side note, while Joe and Gavin are the vocal faces of the Kings' organization and are the conduit to the public for whatever decisions are made by the family, the company is completely in the control of their mother, Colleen Maloof. Colleen is a huge sponsor for WEAVE in the Sacramento area, or Women Escaping a Violent Environment. I am sure Joe and/or Gavin, and their brothers convinced Colleen that the Artest trade was worth the trouble. I would love to be a fly on the wall to the next family gathering when Ron's name is brought up.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »

Interestingly enough, I also thought that comment was uncharacteristically crass, in a morbidly funny way, by our resident JoMaL.

The affect Artest has on his environment is a little more serious than we thought. :D

I opt for the "morbidly funny" environment affect he has on JoMal.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »

On a side note, while Joe and Gavin are the vocal faces of the Kings' organization and are the conduit to the public for whatever decisions are made by the family, the company is completely in the control of their mother, Colleen Maloof. Colleen is a huge sponsor for WEAVE in the Sacramento area, or Women Escaping a Violent Environment. I am sure Joe and/or Gavin, and their brothers convinced Colleen that the Artest trade was worth the trouble. I would love to be a fly on the wall to the next family gathering when Ron's name is brought up.

That is quite an important piece of information there.  Now I am even more curious on what happens in the whole situation.  Sometimes it is useful to have cow-patty pushers among our ranks here, Props!

Crazy how much things change in a years time.  I will be going to Vegas this weekend, a few months short of when I was in Vegas last year.  I sat at the Monte Carlo watching the Kings led by Artest and Wells come a Barry 3 away from upsetting the Spurs at the bar.  Now well...I can bet that I won't be seeing Ron or Bonzi battling anyone on the court.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 01:37:59 PM »
From biz point Maloofs must be wondering why not before the trade deadline. ::)

Jomal this is just further vindication of my view that Popavitches playoff move was stupid.
Mad Dog Artest looking to commit and commiting domestic violence on Tony Parker.

20 pt lead was safe.  Get him out of the game.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 02:05:54 PM »
Jomal this is just further vindication of my view that Popavitches playoff move was stupid.
Mad Dog Artest looking to commit and commiting domestic violence on Tony Parker.

20 pt lead was safe.  Get him out of the game.

Okay this one had me chokin' back my apple juice.  :D

The poor guy is STILL heart-broken about this....

Reality you're absolutely ridiculous....funny..........but ridiculous. :D :D
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 02:07:33 PM »
Sometimes it is useful to have cow-patty pushers among our ranks here, Props!

Speaking of which, are you up for your usual shipment of cow-patties needed for your SoCal Improvement of the Olfactory Lakers program? You SCIOLIST's certainly need a lot of cow**** to function down there. BTW, the cost for the smushy kind you prefer has unforunately doubled to 50 cents.  

Crazy how much things change in a years time.  I will be going to Vegas this weekend, a few months short of when I was in Vegas last year.  I sat at the Monte Carlo watching the Kings led by Artest and Wells come a Barry 3 away from upsetting the Spurs at the bar.  Now well...I can bet that I won't be seeing Ron or Bonzi battling anyone on the court.

No, Ron's battles will be in the courtroom for a while. More news about this incident. Ron was trying to drive away from the confrontation when Kimba came swinging after him and his Lexus with a frying pan. Not sure if I believe this or not. What would SHE be doing with a frying pan?