Author Topic: Hey Dabods...  (Read 9227 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 11:10:58 AM »
Okay, now, WayOut - the only way you're getting out of this league is if you promise to keep making the smart-@$$ wisecracks that make the league fun.  In terms of the best one-liners in the league, you've got us all topped in that category.

I'll try to stick around, it's just tough right now.  Everyone keeps telling me to move on and start living life but it's easier said than done.  I have tons of fun playing in the league and I don't like the Fantasy stuff and that's because of the people in the league.

I would say something about the great success you've had in the league, but I couldn't think of anything to say.  Not that that's my fault, mind you.  I'm sure if you'd have had more success, I'd have thought of something.

Much like the SAT's the league is biased towards whites.  The white man will never allow a minority to win the league, even a fantasy one.  I did make it to the playoffs once despite the interferance of "the man".  I didn't spend much time on the league last year because of changes to my internet access, basicaly I don't have any other than work.  I'll see how things go but I don't want to start in the league then drop out a few weeks in, I'd rather someone just take over my team.

On a serious note, if your life is a roller-coaster, the most I can wish you is a joyable ride, because I've been there, and I know how it sucks.  I'll keep you in my prayers, and hope that whatever ordeals that you're going through are solved in a pleasing manner in short order.  Best of luck, old friend.

Thanks, it's hard to see the light sometimes when you're that deep in the darkness.  There is always tommorow, or so I've heard.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2006, 10:37:40 AM »
are you joking or is this serious?  :unsure:
Yes, I am taking a break this year.  I have had so many fantasy teams the last few years, and I am just a little burned out, so I thought I would take a break.  Westkoast had expressed some regret at not signing up to play when the league was started, so I thought he would make an excellent replacement.  Westkoast has always been a consistant poster, and I think he will be the kind of player who would give it his best all season.
If a team comes open in the future I would be willing to look at rejoining, I just want to take a little time off.

Good luck to all, especially Westkoast.  Show those Missouri boys how it is done!!!
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 11:56:49 AM »
The Grandmaster taking a break.

<channeling Tom Hanks>

There's NO breaks in fantasy basketball!

Its good to have Westkoast on board but we're gonna miss you this year Zig-meister.  

Too many fantasy teams (tsk, tsk), you just need to drop all those baseball and golf fantasy teams, we all know they aren't real sports anyways. B)

Well I hope we'll still see you around here, man.  Take it easy.  

And WayOutWest, you're not leaving the league, your just NOT.  I won't allow it, I can't handle losing 2 members of my fantasy family.  I'm not gonna do it.

<channeling George Bush Sr.>

..ain't gonna do it, just not gonna do it......wouldn't be prudent.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 03:14:30 PM »
Okay - that settles it - something is wrong with the world when Skander is channelling George H. W. Bush.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 09:05:35 AM »
I re-read my post and the first response didn't sound right.

What I meant to post was that I don't like Fantasy league stuff but I enjoy playing in the league because of the people in it.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"