Author Topic: Hey Dabods...  (Read 9226 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 11:45:49 AM »
Oh, and by the way, just so it's said....

Hey, Ziggy, Skander, and Caleb - NYAAH  NYAAH NYAAH!  About those players you THOUGHT were going to slip to you?  The three of you have been pilfering some of my picks WAY too often.  

Don't think I've not forgotten the year that both Skander and Ziggy were going to pilfer Brad Miller from me.

On the positive side, if we ARE 9, 10, 11, and 12, that's going to be the most vicious hate-and-contention draft that I've seen in a LONG time.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »
Now if he'll just slip to me at (presumably) #9....

Paws OFF, BEAR!!!!   :angry:

Dirk is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNE!!!!........ah, whom I kiddin'. :cry:

On the positive side, if we ARE 9, 10, 11, and 12, that's going to be the most vicious hate-and-contention draft that I've seen in a LONG time.

Lets get it ON!

FYI: as usual its 2 months before the season even starts and I'm already jumping out of my skin. :rolleyes:

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »
Dirk is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNE!!!!........ah, whom I kiddin'.

I don't know - I haven't seen your trade proposal yet.

FYI: as usual its 2 months before the season even starts and I'm already jumping out of my skin.

And I'm sure your wife is just ECSTATIC about the fact that you'll be spending even more time shooing her off of the computer.

Joe

-----------

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 12:40:31 AM »
Just to get it out of the way, I'm keeping Wes Unseld and Kiki Vandeweghe.

Oh, and I'd like slot #13, please.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »
Just to get it out of the way, I'm keeping Wes Unseld and Kiki Vandeweghe.

Oh, and I'd like slot #13, please.
There are much better front office personnel available than those two.  But I really like your draft position.   B)  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline cudall

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 06:33:12 PM »
Great--thanks. I'll post my choice by monday . . .

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 10:40:23 AM »
If you guys didn't know I am taking over Ziggy's team so forgive me if it takes me a while to get on the same page as everyone else.  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 02:29:59 PM »
are you joking or is this serious?  :unsure:  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 11:55:31 AM »
are you joking or is this serious?  :unsure:
I am serious.  How come no one has selected draft order and does anyone have Ziggy's email?  I dont remember if he gave me a login/password to yahoo for this.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 12:59:01 PM »
Well, right now, we're waiting on Cord to make his selection.

And, to my knowledge, the Yahoo league hasn't been set up yet.  Derek will let us know when it is.  You won't need Ziggy's account - you'll just use your own.  Yahoo doesn't maintain leagues from one year to the next.

Skander posted your roster in the other thread.  You won't be able to keep Nowitzki (although you can draft him again, on the off-chance he doesn't get snatched up before you pick (which I can assure you WILL NOT happen)) since he has been kept (by someone) two consecutive off-seasons, and you can only keep Larry Hughes for one more off-season (assuming you'd want to - which you won't).  All other players can be kept for two off-seasons (two COUNTING this one, if you decide to keep them), and you must keep two and only two.  Off-season trading is allowed, but only on a keeper-for-keeper basis.

Welcome aboard!

And a fond farewell to the Puppy Dogs.  In terms of consistency, ziggy set the gold standard - in the four years, finishing 2nd, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd in the regular season, and 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, and either 3rd or 4th in the playoffs.  That success is unrivaled.  

Congrats on a great run, ziggy, and know that you're going to be missed.

Especially on draft day.

Joe

-----------

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 03:30:33 PM »
I'm done, too.

Over the past few days, I've come to the conclusion that I just can't handle participating in so many fantasy sports.  Baseball, football, basketball ... it just gets to be too much.

That said, I really enjoyed my time spent in this league, and wish to thank everyone for their sportsmanship and razor-sharp competition.  It was a great league, and I hope it continues to be in the future.

Dabods, hopefully you can find someone to replace me quickly.  I'll try and help out in the search as well, and refer anyone who's interested to you.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 03:35:16 PM »
Gotcha!

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And on a much more serious note, my best wishes and most sincere thanks to Kevin for years of fantastic play.  Joe was 100% right on the money when he said Ziggy set the standard for excellence in this league.  It's sad and disappointing that he's decided to leave, but thankfully I'll still get to tangle with him in our baseball league.

:cheers:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 04:04:38 PM »
Well, right now, we're waiting on Cord to make his selection.

And, to my knowledge, the Yahoo league hasn't been set up yet.  Derek will let us know when it is.  You won't need Ziggy's account - you'll just use your own.  Yahoo doesn't maintain leagues from one year to the next.

Skander posted your roster in the other thread.  You won't be able to keep Nowitzki (although you can draft him again, on the off-chance he doesn't get snatched up before you pick (which I can assure you WILL NOT happen)) since he has been kept (by someone) two consecutive off-seasons, and you can only keep Larry Hughes for one more off-season (assuming you'd want to - which you won't).  All other players can be kept for two off-seasons (two COUNTING this one, if you decide to keep them), and you must keep two and only two.  Off-season trading is allowed, but only on a keeper-for-keeper basis.

Welcome aboard!

And a fond farewell to the Puppy Dogs.  In terms of consistency, ziggy set the gold standard - in the four years, finishing 2nd, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd in the regular season, and 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, and either 3rd or 4th in the playoffs.  That success is unrivaled. 

Congrats on a great run, ziggy, and know that you're going to be missed.

Especially on draft day.
Great now even more pressure for me to keep his team on track!  If I fall flat on my face I am going to be afraid to post here lol

Ziggy is the gold standard for posting as well so it is expected he is the gold standard for the fantasy bb league.

Wish me luck, I don't have the best luck when it comes to fantasy basketball!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 04:06:05 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »
Gents,

I am not going to be able to participate this year.  Don't know if anyone has noticed but I haven't posted much lately.  I've got alot of stuff I'm dealing with right now in real life and I don't really have the energy or desire to participate in the virtual world.  I check the board frequently but don't post.  I'll check to see if you find a replacement for me, my life is a roller coaster so I can't say how I'll feel tommorow, next week or next month.  For now I'll take the earliest draft position availble when my turn comes up.

Thanks for all your help and support Reality and SpursX3, it's much appreciated.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Dabods...
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 01:16:07 PM »
Okay, now, WayOut - the only way you're getting out of this league is if you promise to keep making the smart-@$$ wisecracks that make the league fun.  In terms of the best one-liners in the league, you've got us all topped in that category.

I would say something about the great success you've had in the league, but I couldn't think of anything to say.  Not that that's my fault, mind you.  I'm sure if you'd have had more success, I'd have thought of something.

On a serious note, if your life is a roller-coaster, the most I can wish you is a joyable ride, because I've been there, and I know how it sucks.  I'll keep you in my prayers, and hope that whatever ordeals that you're going through are solved in a pleasing manner in short order.  Best of luck, old friend.

Joe

-----------