Author Topic: Lakers lose to NBA "scabs".  (Read 6004 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Lakers lose to NBA "scabs".
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2004, 03:37:36 PM »
They ARE however, Sacramento's whipping boys
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2004, 04:21:50 PM »
They ARE however, Sacramento's whipping boys

Which would probably mean they were even more motivated to beat the Kings on the second game of a back-to-back knowing their opponent was also exhausted from the long trip back.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2004, 04:28:06 PM »
Not since Friday.

They HAVEN'T however, lost to the worst team in the east. And they HAVE beaten teams like Sacto, Houston, and Minnesota let alone Atlanta, WITHOUT their leading scorer. How many times have the Lakers beaten those teams? ONCE? In how many games? EIGHT? Against which team? ATLANTA?

Sorry, stretch it as far as you can, it doesn't help. Losing to the Jazz is a helluva lot better than losing to the Hawks.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 04:46:47 PM »
Nice little back-pedal 101, considering the Hawks have beaten San Antonio, Denver (twice), Dallas, Toronto, Detroit, LA, and Minnesota, these guys are the Golden State Warriors of the Eastern Conference. And when the Kings lose to their perrinial whipping boys in their own crib last Friday, I guess maybe JoMal might want to back pedal as well, but I certainly don't expect it.
Another note worthy of mention:

As JoMal guessed, each of the wins mentioned above came before the trades that decimated the Hawks. Since losing Ratliff and Abdur-Rahim, the Hawks are 2 and 5 since the trade and have lost to eastern powerhouses like Miami and Orlando. Their two wins since the trade? The lowly Sixers and "cough" the Lakers. Yeah, they're the Warriors of the East.

Keep on walking ahead JoMal.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2004, 05:03:53 PM »
Nice little back-pedal 101, considering the Hawks have beaten San Antonio, Denver (twice), Dallas, Toronto, Detroit, LA, and Minnesota, these guys are the Golden State Warriors of the Eastern Conference. And when the Kings lose to their perrinial whipping boys in their own crib last Friday, I guess maybe JoMal might want to back pedal as well, but I certainly don't expect it.
Another note worthy of mention:

As JoMal guessed, each of the wins mentioned above came before the trades that decimated the Hawks. Since losing Ratliff and Abdur-Rahim, the Hawks are 2 and 5 since the trade and have lost to eastern powerhouses like Miami and Orlando. Their two wins since the trade? The lowly Sixers and "cough" the Lakers. Yeah, they're the Warriors of the East.

Keep on walking ahead JoMal.
Ted & JoMal....will you please stop confusing the Laker faithful with your absurd use of facts!  Opinions & perceptions carry sooooooooo much more weight to those infected with purple-&-gold vision.

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2004, 05:35:42 PM »
I believe I pointed out it was deplorable and inexcusable for LA to lose to Atlanta. I also believe I said the Laker bench should have been able to beat Atlanta. I was merely pointing out that saying Sacramento should never lose to teams they should beat EVERY TIME THEY PLAY THEM sounds as silly as saying the Lakers should never lose to teams they should beat EVERY TIME THEY PLAY THEM. I guess that cerebral logic was lost on you folks huh?

JoMal, you're beginning to sound like us delusional Laker fans, we might as well issue Sacramento the rings and not risk injuries even bothering with the playoffs.

BBF, so what Rahim was with Atlanta when they beat your Spurs, the "absurd fact" here is that he torched the MVP for 29 points and they beat your boys rather soundly. I would imagine that if your team that has been relatively injury free all season long and still is managing at best more or less a tie with the seriously injury plagued Lakers, throwing stones might not be you best or wisest option, especially since the Spurs have been pretty much punk-slapped up and down the court by every quality team they have played.

I would love to see where Sacramento would be right now standing-wise were it not for LA's injury riddled woes, but I guess they're so deep they could send their bench against all comers and come out on top right? Or does that losing record against Dallas and Minnesota not count?
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2004, 05:48:40 PM »
Oh, Dan, I am soooo frickin' sorry that I forgot the main protocol of this board.  Laker fans can lob all the insults and derision on opposing teams regularly.  But heaven forbid any other fan even suggest any type of derision towards the GREAT & ALMIGHTY LAKERS!

Be careful not to injure yourself coming down off that high horse there, buddy.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2004, 06:24:27 PM »
Sorry, Danny. Didn't mean to tread so roughly all over your sensitive weetle Laker feelings.

Truth be told, when the Kings beat the Hawks in Atlanta earlier this year, it was the first time in something like ten years. We have NEVER beaten the Knicks in New York since sometime in the nineties.

JoMal, you're beginning to sound like us delusional Laker fans, we might as well issue Sacramento the rings and not risk injuries even bothering with the playoffs.

It never ceases to amaze me how Laker fans get so emotionally worked up over any comments directed at their image-conscious team from us ring-less Kings' fans. You'd think that simply the constant reminding me of the fact would be enough, but no, the weak taunts from the prone players flailing around on the floor of the Hawks arena is toward SacTown instead of their own failings against the talentless scrubs who could only watch as the Laker stars all tried to figure out which end of the basketball goes into the hoop.

The Kings know, Laker fans.  :lol:  

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2004, 07:02:24 PM »
Your apologies are accepted, try not to let it happen again, although I reserve the right to remain on my high horse until after the the Kings (it certainly isn't going to be the Spurs) prove they can come out of the West and face whatever EC fodder manages to reach the Finals.

Truth be told JoMal, the Kings scare me more than any team in the NBA!  :(  
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2004, 08:01:52 PM »
They scare me too.

And I have lots of questions for them. Such as why they think they are so good on offense that they don't have to worry about playing defense, unless the game gets close, so they will concentration on defense for the last two minutes of the game?

And why they don't look vulnerable even when their best player sits out over fifty games of the year?

And why players other teams never seem to find a happy spot for seem to flourish in the King's system. Players like Pollard, Miller, Christie, Peeler, Songaila, even Webber and Bibby, neither of whom were leading their former teams anywhere.

Does Adelman's system make the player, or does Petrie just find the players for the system?

If only they could actually put it all together through the playoffs, it would be worth it for the League to enjoy seeing them accomplish something instead of just racking up wins during the season.