Author Topic: Lakers lose to NBA "scabs".  (Read 6002 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Lakers lose to NBA "scabs".
« on: March 03, 2004, 12:43:18 PM »
The Lakers lost to a team comprised almost exclusively of NBA "scabs". The guys on the Hawks are almost all salary cap space place holders.

What a disgrace.

On the bright side, I hope some of the "you can replace Kobe with anyone along side of Shaq and win it all" will STFU!  

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 12:47:52 PM »
Holy cow, WOW, I hope you are not implying that it was because Kobe was in Colorado that the Lakers lost to THIS bunch of rejects? The talent level does not fall off THAT much with Bryant out for the Lakers.

If you think that LA can't beat a team like the Hawks just without Kobe, you are in serious denial.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jn

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 12:50:03 PM »
I couldn't help but notice that this horrific loss coincided with Payton getting his wish for a bigger role in the offense.   <_<    

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 12:51:18 PM »
I couldn't help but notice that this horrific loss coincided with Payton getting his wish for a bigger role in the offense.   <_<
LOL!  Yes it did.  39 minutes and something like 23 shots for 26 points.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 12:52:27 PM »
Holy cow, WOW, I hope you are not implying that it was because Kobe was in Colorado that the Lakers lost to THIS bunch of rejects? The talent level does not fall off THAT much with Bryant out for the Lakers.

If you think that LA can't beat a team like the Hawks just without Kobe, you are in serious denial.
Denial is for people who think the Lakers would have the same succes minus Kobe over the past 4 years with either myself, Randy or westkoast playing the 2 spot.

That's just a little jab at the dellusional.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 12:53:52 PM »
The all-mighty LAKERS...LOSING TO THE HAWKS....BWAAHAHAHAH :lol: !  Uh...wait a minute...um..forget it...Hawks aren't that bad...
Paul

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 01:34:42 PM »
Nice little back-pedal 101, considering the Hawks have beaten San Antonio, Denver (twice), Dallas, Toronto, Detroit, LA, and Minnesota, these guys are the Golden State Warriors of the Eastern Conference. And when the Kings lose to their perrinial whipping boys in their own crib last Friday, I guess maybe JoMal might want to back pedal as well, but I certainly don't expect it.

LA played as flatfooted as they have played all season, despite Payton's triple double. They expected a walk through on this one and got punk-slapped, just like all the above mentioned teams did by a team that plays with nothing to lose. Kobe's absence had nothing to do with it, they should have been able to beat Atlanta with their bench, deplorable!
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 02:01:27 PM »
Nice little back-pedal 101, considering the Hawks have beaten San Antonio, Denver (twice), Dallas, Toronto, Detroit, LA, and Minnesota, these guys are the Golden State Warriors of the Eastern Conference. And when the Kings lose to their perrinial whipping boys in their own crib last Friday, I guess maybe JoMal might want to back pedal as well, but I certainly don't expect it.

LA played as flatfooted as they have played all season, despite Payton's triple double. They expected a walk through on this one and got punk-slapped, just like all the above mentioned teams did by a team that plays with nothing to lose. Kobe's absence had nothing to do with it, they should have been able to beat Atlanta with their bench, deplorable!
101's comments were tounge in cheek.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 02:13:32 PM »
I knew that!  <_<  
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 02:53:34 PM »

The talent level does not fall but the intensity does.  Kobe LOVES to play teams like the Hawks because he knows he has the green light to do whatever he wants on the offensive end.  He loves to come out and turn it up all the way to torch the team.

Gary Payton missed a very easy shot he makes 9 times out of 10......if he would have drilled there would be no reason for anyone to be mad/complain about Shaq being fouled on both tip attempts.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 03:07:51 PM »
There is ZERO excuse for the Lakers not beating the Hawks with or without Kobe.  This team still has Terry and Jackson in the backcourt but the don't have any frontcourt players.  The Lakers should be able to beat them without Kobe and Shaq -- absolutely pathetic.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 03:10:33 PM »
What was the final score?
Paul

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 03:12:46 PM »
What was the final score?
94-93

Payton missed a gimmie in the paint on with like 10-15 seconds to go.....then Shaq had a chance to win it with two seperate little put backs but missed both.  Anyone with a TIVO might have some idea how you can miss two put backs from 1 foot away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2004, 03:28:59 PM »
Why would I need to backpedal? The Jazz are a very talented and well coached team that plays extremely hard and aggressive basketball. The Kings were coming off an emotional win, but more importantly they did not arrive back in Sacramento until 4 in the morning because of plane trouble in LA. They just were beat by the fourth quarter and started missing open shots they normally make.

The Hawks at times had two 10-day contract players on the court at the same time playing a Laker team that easily has more talent then Atlanta. And didn't the Hawks trade away most of the key players they had when they were defeating the Wolves, Nuggets, Mavericks, Pistons, Spurs, etal earlier this year? Which left them with questionable players who are not even melded into the offense yet.

Yeah, I'm being totally delusional on this. :lol:  :lol:

I read where Shaq is 1-3 against Yao so far in head-to-head matchups. It is good the Lakers get to redeem themselves immediately after the Hawks game. Yao just has to prove that record is no fluke.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »
To add to JoMal's post: The Jazz are 1 1/2 games out of the last playoff spot in the West. Sorry Laker fans, these guys are not the Atlanta Hawks.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton