Author Topic: Quick exit from Iraq is likely, sources say  (Read 3278 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Quick exit from Iraq is likely, sources say
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2004, 06:04:43 PM »
I don't know if theif is the word but smacking around a country with no real army and then taking Iraqi oil money to rebuild their own country sounds like "thuggin" to me.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Dromedarius

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2004, 07:56:40 PM »
Who is taking Iraq's oil money? You might want to look at Russia, France and Germany, who coincidentally, want to argue with us about everything while cashing in on the misery of Iraqi children. Don't get me started!!!

:bash:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2004, 07:21:33 AM »
Well Ted that's pretty much what they have done in Chechnya and what has it got them? Massive loss of life and a wasteland filled with a hostile populice.  They won't be able to go back to the old way.
It seems to me that the old way is exactly the way they're going.

Putin is in the middle of a colossal power grab, and when he gets all of the guns in his pocket, he's going to go off on Chechnya real bad. And if he finds out that some of the terrorists came from somewhere else, I won't be surprised to see him point those guns somewhere outside of his country. I wonder what the world will think of that?
the "old way" also got Russia to be one of the strongest powers of our time, if we hadnt out spent them they may very well have stayed a super military power, that was obtained through harsh, non pc, aggressiveness.  the world is not a perfect place, and not everyone in it has a bleeding heart.  Russia being at the top of that list, how do you change a perspective by an entire nation that has been used to that mindset for generations???  you dont.  Russia has never openned thier hearts to the united states or our ideologies, they have merely adapted to the current situation of thier own country.  hell for all we know the US and Russia could be in together on the whole war on terror thing. nothing made as much money as the cold war did for each country, and having a reason to build arsenal would be good business for either country, for all we know this could have been the plan all along.  in any case i dont see Russia sitting back from the recent events there.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2004, 07:36:38 AM »
You have to deal with rats (terrorists) harshly. The first thing the terrorists usually ask when they are captured is "Are you Israeli?" Why? Because the Israelis scare the hell out of them? Why? Because they don't play around. You can't give these guys hope. That's the reason the terrorists want Bush out of office. They know Kerry can be swayed, whereas Bush cannot. Like Bush or not, although he's not perfect, he's perfect for our present situation. We can't have a leader like Kerry, who in Zell Miller's words, is going to outsource our foreign policy to the UN and the French.

P.S. Joe, why do you consider Bush a thief? Don't tell me it's because of the 200o election...
while people complain that we support the Isreali's too much they dont say much about keeping them in check a lot of the time as well.  can you imagine the damage Isreal could cause if it were let loose on the arab world?  didnt that already get proven once before?  ask Jordan, egypt, syria and palestine if they remember. I know what you mean about a lot of people in the region being afraid of them...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 08:28:16 AM »
I know WHY we gave them their own state.  What I want to know is:

When we gave the Jews Israel, why couldn't we have foreseen the problems they would have with their Arab neighbors and just moved them too...say... Montana or Utah??????   :cheers:  
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »
I know WHY we gave them their own state.  What I want to know is:

When we gave the Jews Israel, why couldn't we have foreseen the problems they would have with their Arab neighbors and just moved them too...say... Montana or Utah??????   :cheers:
we gave the mormons Utah 101.....the state nobody wants to go to....lol  just kidding ghengis and ted...lol