Author Topic: It's All Over for the Demo's  (Read 5145 times)

Guest_Dromedarius

It's All Over for the Demo's
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2004, 08:36:27 PM »
The Republicans are in more trouble than any of you realize, because the average American is concerned about his job and making ends meet, and the Republicans are clueless morons with no plan for the future.

I'll tell you one thing: you don't create jobs by taxing people more. What will it take for you to learn? Besides, if anything, Bush has helped to turn this country around. He was dealt a crappy hand by the departing Clinton, with an economy based upon tech stocks which had no real value. Then 9/11 hit, which really hurt the economy. I know a lot of Democrats don't like to admit that, but then again, why would anyone VOLUNTEER to pay higher taxes? Can't say that makes much sense. Kerry certainly didn't in Mass., and they even have an option to pay higher taxes on their tax form if they want.

Also consider that the Twin Towers were destroyed on this Bush's watch, and he was caught napping.

You obviously don't know much about terrorism. This plan was in the works for YEARS. Your boy Clinton was supposed to be on "watch" to...

Bush has no understanding or the capacity to comprehened how to fight this war. We went into Iraq for the oil and because Bush wanted to get Hussein.

And Kerry does? His advisor on foreign policy is Jacque Cheruque. And we DIDN'T go to Iraq because of oil. If you knew much about the production and distribution of oil, you wouldn't make such an unsubstaniated claim.

What right do we have to promote Democracy and freedom in the world?

You do it to prevent problems in the future. Why don't you read up on Genghis Khan, Napolean, your boy Hitler, Attila the Hun, etc., etc.? Then you come back and tell me what happens with dictators in power.

Look, I know Bush isn't perfect, but he IS a man of PRINCIPAL. Kerry has to do a poll everytime you ask him a question.

Is he or isn't he proud of his Vietnam service? He threw away his medals, or so he claimed, although now he says it was someone else's medals, and then badmouthed the people with whom he served. Now he wants to run on a war record, and he keeps saying "Bring it on!", but when you question him he says it's negative politics and he runs like a scared rabbit.

He claims to drive an SUV in front of a Detroit audience, but it isn't his in front of the Earth people.

He voted for the $87 billion for our troops right before he voted against it.

He's pro-life, but he'll only appoint pro-choice judges.

He wants to improve America's intelligence but he doesn't attend the Intelligence Committee briefings, even though he's a member, and he voted to gut the CIA in the 90's.

He promises to make America safer but he voted against just about every major weapon system in the past 20 years.

He's going to only raise taxes on the rich, even though he's voted for just about every tax increase under the sun.

He's going to lower the price of gas, even though he voted to raise the gas tax.

Where does this guy stand on ANYTHING? WHAT IS HIS PLATFORM? I keep hearing he's going to strengthen the economy AND the military, but how? I've yet to see a comprehensive plan. All I know is he is the most liberal senator from his state, and that's saying something when your counterpart is TED KENNEDY, and he's the #1 liberal senator in the entire senate based upon his voting record. Bush is not always right, but at least with him you have a man of principle. Kerry's spine is your latest opinion, until you change your mind, at which point he'll change his.

:crazy:

Guest_Dromedarius

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2004, 08:40:48 PM »
P.S. Why are you quoting Janice Joplin? Does her opinion on anything have anything to do with anything? Who cares what she thinks freedom is? She was just a hippie that overdosed. She was free to kill herself, and she did. Guess all that freedom got to her, and she had nothing left to lose...

:bash:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2004, 09:16:37 AM »
Bush is not always right, but at least with him you have a man of principle.
Unfortunately Bush's principles are all about power and control....for him and his posse on a global scale.  If he could only convince the rest of the world how much good his dictatorial policy brings to them.  Obviously he has enough Americans hoodwinked.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2004, 09:34:25 AM »
That's great Bush has a plan and all but we've already seen what his plans do to this country so right now I don't see how the Rep. supporters can use that to stand on.  A guy with a real bad plan is just as bad as a guy with little to no plan.

As for the topic on hand... Of course the RNC was going to eclipse the DNC.  The Democrates spent 90 million on their little shindig.   While the Republicans spent 160 million on theirs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Dromedarius

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2004, 05:22:31 PM »
Unfortunately Bush's principles are all about power and control....for him and his posse on a global scale.

There's nothing so precious as crafting a good counter-argument...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2004, 08:47:31 AM »
Unfortunately Bush's principles are all about power and control....for him and his posse on a global scale.

There's nothing so precious as crafting a good counter-argument...

In the sound bite world of today's media....short, quick, quips can have more impact than lenghty discourses (e.g. convention speeches) that say nothing but look impressive.

My response took on all the things I needed to say about Bush & his "principles".  I have lived under his political pretensions far longer than you, Drom.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues