Author Topic: It's All Over for the Demo's  (Read 5146 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
It's All Over for the Demo's
« on: September 01, 2004, 08:55:09 AM »
I've been watching the Republican Convention, and when I put myself out of my liberal box, I would say:

IF I was an undecided voter, I would probably throw my support at Bush. Kerry hasn't defined his platform, he hasn't struck back strongly enough from all his attack ads, and for me, watching him SAIL SURF like that made him look like an idiot! :crazy:

Props to ARNOLD!  He totally threw major daggers into the hearts of the demo's with his "you know your a republican if" and his "economic girlie men" and "there IS one America speech."  There is still time to recover...not looking good IMO. :unsure:  
Paul

jn

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 10:11:48 AM »
Get a hold of yourself man! Don't make me come down there and slap some sense in to you!  :bash:  :D

This kind of thing happens all the time.  A winning speech means nothing come election time.  Mario Cuomo went up onstage at the Demo convention, delivered a superb speech, then watched Mondale get whipped like an egg sucking dog.  

Conventions typically give a candidate a "bounce" that wears off after a while.  In a year with so few undecideds that effect is likely to be dampened.  

As for the "girlie men" comment, well you can just file that under the same column as Ann Richard's joke about George Bush being born with silver foot in his mouth.  It's a cheap applause line for those who have already made up their mind and an extraordinarily childish one at that, unlikely to sway anyone.  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 10:13:20 AM »
I liked Arnold's comment about how his homeland has recovered strongly after 9/11.  I never knew Austria was also attacked on 9/11.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jn

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 10:45:36 AM »
:rofl:  :hail:

I was also unaware that "playing by the rules" included steroid use and chronic groping.    

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 11:07:46 AM »
:rofl:  :hail:

I was also unaware that "playing by the rules" included steroid use and chronic groping.
And chronic smoking!

I didn't watch last night but all over the radio and from what I heard from people at work (even a few Rep) is that Arnold was being an idiot.  Too much movie refrences and him trying to "big up" himself.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 11:21:22 AM »
I think when you compare the Demo convention to the Republican one, Repubs have em beat.  Really pushing George's leadership abilities and his "vision."  And I like what Arnold said, even though you don't necesarily agree with everything the party stands for (right wingnuts), your still welcome into the party fold. Uh huh.

And since I'm giving props where its due, George W. Bush has alot of charm and charisma. On that factor alone, he's got Kerry squarely beat. So STOP RIDING THE WAVES JFK, and talk about WHAT YOU PLAN TO DO!!
Paul

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 11:22:44 AM »
You demos don't need to worry about what Arnold or even Dubya says at the convention.

What you need to worry about is the October 1 discovery of massive stockpiles of WMDs in Iraq and the October 15 capture of an alive and very executable Osama Bin Laden.  :rofl: \

And demos are actually worried about what Repubs are saying?!? LOL!
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 11:27:24 AM »
Think Ted nailed it right on the head. He forgot to mention the secret terrorist plot to blow up Shrine of Texas Liberty, the Alamo, and the secret plot to destroy the popular Mexican Food Chain of Taco Cabana.

LEAVE OUR FAJITAS ALONE!

That will get out the hispanic vote.

Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 09:40:37 PM »
man, a democrat tearing up his own party at the rnc?!  guess we shouldnt think is doing even more damage to Kerry??

newsflash, kerry's campaign is faltering guys, his attempts to reach out are failing miserably, kerry daughters got booed, arnie's speach actually reached some people that i KNOW were kerry supporters with that "you know your a republican..", which even i thought sounded more like, "you know your a redneck..."  and know this....guys in the demo camp, it's not over, i know, but this RNC hurts kerry's chances.... :cheers:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 08:12:50 AM »
This man flip-flops more than Kerry himself.

"My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders -- and a good friend."

"In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington. Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so. John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment.”

That's Zell Miller on John Kerry, in 2001.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 08:47:21 AM »
This man flip-flops more than Kerry himself.

"My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders -- and a good friend."

"In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington. Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so. John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment.”

That's Zell Miller on John Kerry, in 2001.
so what do you think he is getting out of helping the reps against his own party?  there has got to be something up for grabs here...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 10:00:46 AM »
Bush is vulnerable, if the demo's lose this election, they have nobody to blame but themselves.  It's early though, Repubs have had a strong convention, and I know the nice demo's are finally ticked. Man, Repubs TORE UP the Republicans, something they miserable failed to do. NO more high ground, gloves are off, We'll see what they come up with. They will fight back...THIS TIME.
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 10:01:11 AM »
Oops. Meant they tore up the demo's.
Paul

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 08:45:31 PM »
SF101,
THis election has a long ways to go.  Bush was well ahead of Gore 2 weeks before, and it ended up essentially as a tie.  Bush will get a post-convention bump in the polls, but we still have 2 months before the election.
It looks like Bush is winning the popular vote right now, but he looks to be losing most of the battleground states.  Things can change quickly both ways.
Kerry has yet to distinguish himself, and give voters a real reason to vote for him.  The Dems wanted a candidate who they thought could beat Bush, not one who, like Dean, was willing to take a stand.  It may still work, but he is quickly losing ground, because he is not offering any message that really resonates with voters.  Being anti-Bush or anti-all-the-time only goes so far.  You have to be FOR something to resonate with the voters.  We will see.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 10:25:28 PM »
SF101,
THis election has a long ways to go.  Bush was well ahead of Gore 2 weeks before, and it ended up essentially as a tie.  Bush will get a post-convention bump in the polls, but we still have 2 months before the election.
It looks like Bush is winning the popular vote right now, but he looks to be losing most of the battleground states.  Things can change quickly both ways.
Kerry has yet to distinguish himself, and give voters a real reason to vote for him.  The Dems wanted a candidate who they thought could beat Bush, not one who, like Dean, was willing to take a stand.  It may still work, but he is quickly losing ground, because he is not offering any message that really resonates with voters.  Being anti-Bush or anti-all-the-time only goes so far.  You have to be FOR something to resonate with the voters.  We will see.
zig bush has not lost texas, florida or cali ...yet, and these are the really important states that need to be carried to mwin IMO.  i believe it is his race to lose, and if he just sits back and lets kerry continue to ruin himself he will be ok.  i dont put too much stock in the polls the throw out during election time, two weeks ago kerry was 8 points ahead of bush, this week bush was supposedly ten points ahead of kerry - the reason is becuase of veteran backlash on kerry and his double sided military career and bad voting history.  i think it will be a close race but i think the demo's will keep shooting themselves in the foot with kerry.  i read a blog on the bush twins and how they embarrassed the republican party at the rnc.  it was some article by some reporter from seattle, who says the reps are out of touch with the country.  i am like, look the twins are no brainiacs, but they were honest - they are not political, not the way the kerry kids pretend to be, you want to talk out of touch..kerry's kids dont even look like they grew up with the "common folk"  AND TO WIN YOU NEED TO MEET THE COMMON FOLK - which is what bill was able to do soo well, kerry cant touch clinton in that, and if you cant get the regular hard working folks on your side, you wont win.  I thought the rnc has gone well for the most part, it was much better then i anticipated, i think they made a dent in the coming election and i think some real damage was done to kerry.  he still has time of course to change all that, but the man is doing a poor job of getting the common people to side with him.  we will see if kerry can turn it around with his upcoming campaign ads coming up after the holiday next week...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:26:53 PM by SPURSX3 »