Author Topic: Nice win by Denver.  (Read 3324 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Nice win by Denver.
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »
This is one thing that pisses me off about the Lakers and a lot of basketball players in general.  This is what these guys do 80% of the time.  They play basketball.  They understand how situations work and they know about other players. It's like WOW writing code, Lurker crunching numbers, and me doing training...we do it so often we know exactly what to do in most situations/projects/etc.   Now explain to me why guys like Luke Walton constantly make the mistake of leaving guys like Kleiza wide open in the corner to help on NENE!  Yet he will make sure he doesn't leave Kenyon Martin or Chris Anderson 17 feet out?!?!?!  He knows in his head Kleiza can shoot, he knows Nene is not an offensive juggernaut, and I am sure he's been reminded by the coaching staff.  I just don't get it.

Some players are just stupid.  You don't leave Kleiza, Melo, Chauncy, or Mr. Unlimited range wide open to help with Kenyon and Nene.  Those guys are not Tim Duncan or Dwight Howard.  There are a lot of stupid Lakers, they are one of the worst teams at defending the 3.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 10:53:23 AM »
Some of you may have noted that I asked where Kleiza was posting after the fist game. Very good player, and someone Phil will have to plan for, because he can hit open shots.
I did!
What happened with Kleiza? I thought he was a good player for them, now he's just a bench guy.
Ariza has been fab for the Lakers but Kleiza and Birdman can take the "Role Player(s) of the Series" award.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »
One place where the NBA has done a terrible job is with the defensive 3 second rule.  Of all the teams left, I thing LA is the worst offender.

On defense all they do is pack the lane, and some of them aren't even guarding their man. That guy is always open at the three point line, because no one wants to give up a driving lay-up.  it's something they called all year, so why aren't they calling it now, and why aren't the coaches screaming about it.  Nothing kills an offense more than no way to get inside- unless you're a team that likes to take outside shots.

This is why Orlando is still and becoming ever more so my favorite team to take it all,  they can score inside and out, and always make the extra pass.  Stupid players who forget to stay with their man don't pay for it unless they're man scores, and most teams don't have players to consistently hit from outside. Orlando does, and they also have the best big man in the game inside.

As it is, Kleiza is open all the time to make those shots, and he's going to make them if left open. If LA's defenders don't get a clue, Denver will win the series because of this.  The same could be said of Cleveland and their defense against Orlando.

Go ahead and pack the lane and let the refs ignore the violations.  An open three point shot has a better chance of going in than a layup where someone grabs you and the ref doesn't call the foul, and it counts 3 instead of 2.