Author Topic: What can bring the Spurs the title in 2009?  (Read 4872 times)

jemagee

Re: What can bring the Spurs the title in 2009?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 12:42:50 PM »
What makes them think they can revive eddy currys career?  Wouldn't he have had to had one before it can be revived?  Of the '3 big men' who signed similar contracts the same off season, Dalembert, Chandler, Curry, I gotta think CURRY is the one who has least lived up to his contract and he can even get his fat ass off the bench in new york can he?

I can't tell - but I think the Knicks strangely over value David Lee

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »
Bogus rumor.  The Spurs are not after Curry.  He plays zero defense.

Then again with the current cast of Spurs Front Office......

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 01:13:37 PM »
This certainly isn't the answer.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55285/20081107/knicks_pursuing_harrington_spurs_seek_curry/#

Knicks Pursuing Harrington; Spurs Seek Curry?

Donnie Walsh is familiar with Al Harrington, a player he has already acquired twice and could add to his roster once more.

The thinking is that Harrington would fit Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo system because he can run the floor and spot up behind the arc.

The Knicks are said to be dangling Eddy Curry but a third team may need to be involved to make the trade happen.

The San Antonio Spurs are desperate for additional scoring and may feel they can revive Curry's career by placing him next to Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. But it is unclear who the Spurs would send to the Warriors in such a deal.

The Warriors are reportedly asking for David Lee to complete a straight two-team trade with New York.

Whoever wrote that for RealGM should be banned from any future postings.  That is the most rediculous thing I have ever read.  The Spurs have one of the best low post scorers of all time.  And then you have the best scoring pg in the league inside the paint.  Why in the world would they want to clog the paint with one of the league's biggest stiffs?

The Spurs are looking for another big man but I have heard that they have inquired about Harrington and McDyess.  The scoring help the Spurs need isn't interior but from behind the arc.  The Spurs would send Curry to the NBDL if they ever happened to land him on the roster.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 01:19:58 PM »
RealGM doesn't really write anything for the wire tap - they are quoting other sources - people give realgm credit or blame for things like this when it's actually from a worse source

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/11/06/2008-11-06_donnie_walsh_sees_al_harrington_as_made_.html

One such team could be the San Antonio Spurs, who have a history of making trades with the Knicks and desperately need additional scoring.
The feeling is that by playing alongside Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, Curry could resurrect his career under Spurs coach Greg Popovich. One major stumbling block is that the Spurs may not have enough assets to satisfy the Warriors in a three-way move.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
LOL...wtf?  Why even lie?  Clearly this person just made that up or heard it from someone else.

Spurs are HORRIBLE on the glass so they get the worst rebounding big man in the league?  Ok.

I heard the Celtics are going after Kwame Brown to replace Kevin Garnett too...same source  ::)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 01:58:46 PM »
Well it could have been worse, could have been Pete Vescey

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/11/06/2008-11-06_donnie_walsh_sees_al_harrington_as_made_.html

One such team could be the San Antonio Spurs, who have a history of making trades with the Knicks and desperately need additional scoring.
The feeling is that by playing alongside Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, Curry could resurrect his career under Spurs coach Greg Popovich. One major stumbling block is that the Spurs may not have enough assets to satisfy the Warriors in a three-way move.
Yes, the Spurs have a history of trading with the Knicks but that was when the Knicks had incompetent GMs and the Spurs needed to dump salary (see Rose, Malik).

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 02:20:56 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »
To answer the title of the thread i believe a ritual sacrafice to the basketball gods of realitys reproductive organs (i make no assumption about which set reality has) should work nicely.

I find it remarkable that Mr. Magoo feels he is in a position to take a shot at anyone. As comical as our village idiot is, Mr. Magoo is doing his best to unseat him at that illustrious post
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 03:25:27 PM »
To answer the title of the thread i believe a ritual sacrafice to the basketball gods of realitys reproductive organs (i make no assumption about which set reality has) should work nicely.

I find it remarkable that Mr. Magoo feels he is in a position to take a shot at anyone. As comical as our village idiot is, Mr. Magoo is doing his best to unseat him at that illustrious post

Dan,

You up for meeting up with Ted?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 06:58:27 PM »

Dan,

Oh this should be good.
Someone say something about a "village"? 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »

Dan,

Oh, yeah.....

...Miguel, be sure to take lots of pictures and bring them north.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 11:09:28 PM »

Dan,

Oh this should be good.

Why, you volunteering to be the idiot?
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 07:28:27 PM »

Dan,

Oh this should be good.

WTF are you talking about?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 07:32:58 PM »
...Miguel, be sure to take lots of pictures and bring them north.

Ted is a little older than I thought....

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »
Timmy Dunks doing some coaching for the current Spurs.  Nice.  Could his role grow enough to where he replaces PopaCement or has Pop moved to Defensive Coordinator only?  Spurs 2009 title chances are alive:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Coach_Tim_making_presence_felt.html