Author Topic: What can bring the Spurs the title in 2009?  (Read 4889 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What can bring the Spurs the title in 2009?
« on: November 06, 2008, 07:02:31 PM »
1  Some rigged Collusion trade of Bonner and Finley for an All Star big?
2. Replacing Cementovich with a sober, real coach whose noze is neither red nor brown?  Ditto the front office sell outs.
3  The return of Finals MVP GNob?
4  Fabs Obertos heart murmur healing and his returning to his 2007 Championship form?
5  The entire NBA, sans the Spurs, being involved in some huge terrorist plane crash planned by Skandery and Repulican losers?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: What can bring the Spurs the title in 2009?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 07:15:16 PM »
2. Replacing Cementovich with a sober, real coach whose noze is neither red nor brown?  Ditto the front office sell outs.
4  Fabs Obertos heart murmur healing and his returning to his 2007 Championship form?
5  The entire NBA, sans the Spurs, being involved in some huge terrorist plane crash planned by Skandery and Repulican losers?

What can bring Reality a brain in 2009?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:17:35 PM »
To answer the title of the thread i believe a ritual sacrafice to the basketball gods of realitys reproductive organs (i make no assumption about which set reality has) should work nicely.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 07:22:56 PM »

What can bring Reality a brain in 2009?

What can make Reality less gay in 2009?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:12:24 AM »
I don't know WHAT can bring the Spurs the title in 2009....

In fact the only person who can bring the Spurs the title in 2009......is Jesus. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:00:38 AM »
When I read the title of the thread and the poster then immediate answer that came to mind was:

LOSING ALL THE BANDWAGON FANS THAT THINK THEY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT BASKETBALL.

Otherwise the answer is a healthy team, a tighter rotation, and the luck that every team needs to win 16 games in the real season.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 09:33:17 AM »
Otherwise the answer is a healthy team, a tighter rotation, and the luck that every team needs to win 16 games in the real season.

I disagree about luck.  That's one thing I like about Spurs "boring" basketball.  Some teams need to hit a big shot or have someone get hot on offense.  The Spurs do the "boring" tasks associated with defense.  They put themselves in a position to win titles by playing consistent defense.  That approach is not as "cool" as other teams have taken but they have been one of the most succesfull franchises this decade.

I think the new role players for the Spurs need to get into the flow and agreed they need to get healthy.  Hard to bet against TD, Parker, and Manu.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 09:55:48 AM »

I disagree about luck.  That's one thing I like about Spurs "boring" basketball.  Some teams need to hit a big shot or have someone get hot on offense.  The Spurs do the "boring" tasks associated with defense.  They put themselves in a position to win titles by playing consistent defense.  That approach is not as "cool" as other teams have taken but they have been one of the most succesfull franchises this decade.

I think the new role players for the Spurs need to get into the flow and agreed they need to get healthy.  Hard to bet against TD, Parker, and Manu.

What I mean by luck are last minute shots going in instead of rimming out.  Just think how different things might have been if Fisher's 0.4 shot had rimmed out?  That is the type of luck I am talking about...not game after game but at just one critical junction in the run for the title.  Most champions have at least one of those type moments in the post season.  Would everyone have been kissing green jocks all summer if Atlanta had won game 7 last year?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »
Having the 6 years straight RealMVP (2002-07, probably 1999 also) as an anchor along with future HOFs Manu GNob and Tony Parker and others on a Championship team is hardly considered "luck".  Toss in DRob for two titles, Bruce Bowen on lockdown D, Shaun Elliot when healthy, DRob as a role player big and guys like Brent Barrdog, TRex, Mario Ellie, Fabs Oberto 07 and SuperStevie Kerr as role player, heck even Findawg in 07.
The only "luck" involved is opponents having an idiot like Popped along with the 2003-onward Front Office to hold the Spurs back from taking 8 of 12.  Certainly at least one repeat.

You talk about Swishers greasy .4 shot, how about Laker Big Shot Bob Horrys rim out to save Popazit from a 15 point lead collaspe that he orchastrated with his stand n veg offense.  Should have never gotten to that point!  Or the rigged call to rob Barrdog in 2008.  Why did Popazit wait until game 4 to insert Barrdog instead of 60% GNob.  The only "luck" was psuedo ZenPhil having Popped as an opponent.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 11:33:51 AM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
And Boston won game 7 fair and square, there was no 27 fta collusions in the 4th qtr.
How was Boston "lucky"? 
Sheesh.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »
What I mean by luck are last minute shots going in instead of rimming out.  Just think how different things might have been if Fisher's 0.4 shot had rimmed out?  That is the type of luck I am talking about...not game after game but at just one critical junction in the run for the title.  Most champions have at least one of those type moments in the post season.  Would everyone have been kissing green jocks all summer if Atlanta had won game 7 last year?

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment but my point is one of the reasons Spurs basketball is BORRING, is the Spurs for the most don't allow a game to come down to one "lucky" possesion.  The Spurs typically grind it out and wear teams down, they destroyed King Pretendor and I'm sure Spurs fans will take it over a game 7 nail biter.  While exciting b-ball is great, I don't mind my team having a 15 point lead with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter or going into game 5 up 3 games to 1.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 12:11:57 PM »

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment but my point is one of the reasons Spurs basketball is BORRING, is the Spurs for the most don't allow a game to come down to one "lucky" possesion.  The Spurs typically grind it out and wear teams down, they destroyed King Pretendor and I'm sure Spurs fans will take it over a game 7 nail biter.  While exciting b-ball is great, I don't mind my team having a 15 point lead with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter or going into game 5 up 3 games to 1.
Dennis and i did a game last reg season when the Spurs had a nice as you speak of grind it out lead over Boston in San Antone late in the year.  Popazit ordered Stand n Veg O, they blew the lead.  At any rate Dennis commented on the exact same thing.  "I dont know why people call Spurs style 'boring', i think their team D is great".

I think the 2005 title D was some of the GOAT.  And i credit Popped for much, daresay most all of that.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
I think the 2005 title D was some of the GOAT.  And i credit Popped for much, daresay most all of that.

WayOutWest: Warehouse! Reality is getting into the winning juice cases again!

Warehouse: Sorry SuperBoss!  We were wondering why he started to make some sense lately.  We will add extra security at the winning juicy storage section.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »
^^^^^ altho you are indeed making some sense, don't get too excited just yet:

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment but my point is one of the reasons Spurs basketball is BORRING, is the Spurs for the most don't allow a game to come down to one "lucky" possesion.   The Spurs typically grind it out and wear teams down, they destroyed King Pretendor and I'm sure Spurs fans will take it over a game 7 nail biter.  While exciting b-ball is great, I don't mind my team having a 15 point lead with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter or going into game 5 up 3 games to 1.
Only the last 3 repeat attempts.
200.4 Swisher
2006 Manu fart
2008 Barry Robbery/Barry brain fart for not jumping into Swisher.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 12:40:07 PM »
This certainly isn't the answer.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55285/20081107/knicks_pursuing_harrington_spurs_seek_curry/#

Knicks Pursuing Harrington; Spurs Seek Curry?

Donnie Walsh is familiar with Al Harrington, a player he has already acquired twice and could add to his roster once more.

The thinking is that Harrington would fit Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo system because he can run the floor and spot up behind the arc.

The Knicks are said to be dangling Eddy Curry but a third team may need to be involved to make the trade happen.

The San Antonio Spurs are desperate for additional scoring and may feel they can revive Curry's career by placing him next to Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. But it is unclear who the Spurs would send to the Warriors in such a deal.

The Warriors are reportedly asking for David Lee to complete a straight two-team trade with New York.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil