Author Topic: Will Shaq get help vs Yao tonight?  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Shaq get help vs Yao tonight?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2004, 08:00:14 PM »
In Reality's world that will just always remain a mystery.  :rolleyes:
Coming from you Krishnas I couldn't be happier with that assessment.

Randolph you are correct sir, and i always like to compliment when you are.  Cause when Purple and Gold gets involved, you brain usually goes farting off.

Right, Yao had help on D vs Shraq.  I agree completely.  So did you get more assists Shaq?  Duh uh i mean if you are double and triple teamed like the Krishnas say then Kobme and others must have been open.  What built up to this post was WOW earlier staing how Shaq "owned" Yao and then today about the stats with Laker Math being "Shaq outplays Yao in almost every single catagory except FT%."
Yeah well we see how the stats line up, more points and rebs for Yao (barely), about even on steals and blocks.  So woopie do, your Most Duminant Ever looking at it thru clear lenses has at best played Yao even.  Koasts crap about all Yaos points coming against other Laker defenders is to be spread on the lawn to help it grow.  Plus not just the last game but the last 5 games.

Well tonight with your full lineup of Flamers you all must be abuzz and the fuzzy navels fizzing.  It certainly should help you improve to 3-4 vs Yao.  :lol:

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2004, 08:18:46 PM »
Shaq vs. Yao

How centers have fared against each other

Date         Points                  Rebounds          Blocks             Winner
Dec. 25    O'Neal 22  Yao 18 O'Neal 10 Yao 8 O'Neal 3 Yao 2 Rockets by 12
Feb. 11     O'Neal 24 Yao 29  O'Neal 9 Yao 11 O'Neal 4 Yao 1 Rockets by 15
March 3    O'Neal 28 Yao 33  O'Neal 7 Yao 8   O'Neal 5 Yao 1 Lakers by 3

It looks to me that O'Neal had more points in the first game -- Yao in #2 & #3
It looks like Yao outrebounded Shaq in games #2 & #3, Shaq in game #1
Looks like Shaq beat up Yao in blocks in game #2 & #3 and won in game #1.
Yao's team beat the Lakers significantly in game #1 & #2 while the Lakers squeeked by in game #3.

As for the match-up, Shaq can't stop Yao offensively -- he can slow him down but the little sweeping hook is too high for Shaq to block -- Yao is at least 4 inches taller and his wing span is tremendous.  However, if you were actually watching the game, Yao ALWAYS had help d to guard Shaq -- in fact if you watched the game, Maurice Taylor spent as much time guarding Shaq as Yao did.  I didn't see the Lakers trying to find another way to play Yao -- but I did see the Rockets trying to find another way to play Shaq.  Hmmm. . . wonder why?
So if Shaq was being guarded by Mo Taylor (a smaller guy) most of the time, shouldn't he have totally outscored Yao?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2004, 08:23:12 PM »
So if Shaq was being guarded by Mo Taylor (a smaller guy) most of the time, shouldn't he have totally outscored Yao?
"However, if you were actually watching the game, Yao ALWAYS had help d to guard Shaq -- in fact if you watched the game, Maurice Taylor spent as much time guarding Shaq as Yao did."

I think we need a seperate board for the slow "lern-ahs".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2004, 08:48:27 PM »
Yeah well we see how the stats line up, more points and rebs for Yao (barely), about even on steals and blocks.

Okay, here are the stats for all three games.
             FG      FT     Reb   Ass   Stl     Blk     TO     Pts
Yao -   31-56  18-20   27     4      0       4        7      80
Shaq - 23-42  28-40   26     7      2      12       7      74

Okay, the are almost dead even in FG%, Yao is much higher (obviously) at the FT line (although he only got there half as much as Shaq did).  Yao has one more rebound and 6 more points in three contests.  Shaq has three more assists (almost doubled Yao), 2 steals (Yao had none) and 3x as many blocks.  

Shaq has 2x the steals and 3x as many blocks as Yao and this is what you report as "about even on steals and blocks."  Such is life on whatever planet you call "reality" -- keep trying.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2004, 10:32:15 AM »
Guess I'm remembering that initial game when Yao swatted 5 of the Pach o Derms offerings.

"3X's as many blocks."  What a stupidass term to use for 3 games.  Woopie Doo Shaq had 6 blocks to 2 over a 3 game stretch.  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2004, 12:57:12 PM »
"In fact if you watched the game, Maurice Taylor spent as much time guarding Shaq as Yao did."
You stupid greasy-necked, hairy-backed Central American! Read your own words. They clearly imply that Mo Taylor was guarding Shaq alone. Pull away from your Liberal Love Juice and think about what you type for once you slack-jawed bovine look wearing keyboard monkey.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2004, 01:01:31 PM »
Guess I'm remembering that initial game when Yao swatted 5 of the Pach o Derms offerings.

"3X's as many blocks."  What a stupidass term to use for 3 games.  Woopie Doo Shaq had 6 blocks to 2 over a 3 game stretch.
Umm, "stupidass term" -- I would use that to refer to anyone (try you) who states that "Yao swatted 5 of the Pach o Derms offerings."  Yao had 2 blocks in his first game, 1 in his next two games and 2 in his last game.

Here, let me spell it out for you (and I apologize for not being able to use crayons on here for you -- dbodner, any chance for getting a crayola script for us to use for Reality?).

Shaq vs. Yao     FG        FT     Reb     Ass     Stl     Blk     Pts
Yao                34-71   18-20    33        7        0       6       86
Shaq              30-59   32-50    44        7        3      13      92

And did you actually SEE the game last night?  Shaq played Yao straight up and held him to 6 points.  Yao didn't get much chance to play Shaq straight up, did he?  

First, you say that "steals and blocks" are about even -- yeah, 3 to 0 in steals and 13 to 6 in blocks (it was 12 to 4 in blocks before last night) and then your response to that was "guess I'm remembering that initial game when Yao swatted 5 of the Pach o Derms offerings" -- that's pretty amazing seeing as how it NEVER happened.  He had TWO blocks in his first game -- Shaq had three.  You continue to remember things how YOU want them to be -- hate to confuse you with facts.

Woopie Doo Shaq had 6 blocks to 2 over a 3 game stretch.

Umm, try again,
Yao - 2, 1, 1 -- that's four for Yao
Shaq - 3, 4, 5 -- that's 12 for Shaq.

I don't know what kind of stupidass math you are using -- but for your information, that is 12 blocks to 4 over a three game stretch.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2004, 01:23:15 PM »
"In fact if you watched the game, Maurice Taylor spent as much time guarding Shaq as Yao did."
You stupid greasy-necked, hairy-backed Central American! Read your own words. They clearly imply that Mo Taylor was guarding Shaq alone. Pull away from your Liberal Love Juice and think about what you type for once you slack-jawed bovine look wearing keyboard monkey.
I thought Randy was white.  :blink:

Either Randy is a "stupid greasy-necked, hairy-backed Central American" or you're a moron who can't follow the simpliest of threads.  :lol:

Hmmmmmmmm........what a quandry!

I guess I'll have to wait for a response from either Randy or Ted to figure out the mystery!  :rolleyes:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2004, 01:29:42 PM »
I thought Randy was white.  :blink:

Either Randy is a "stupid greasy-necked, hairy-backed Central American" or you're a moron who can't follow the simpliest of threads.  :lol:

Hmmmmmmmm........what a quandry!

I guess I'll have to wait for a response from either Randy or Ted to figure out the mystery!  :rolleyes:
Umm, just checked, I am white.  

And since I wrote that Shaq got double-teamed, I'm not sure how it implies that Maurice Taylor guarded Shaq one-on-one.  But for the purpose of slower Utah fans, I will explain it.  Usually, a double-team starts with one player who is the initial defender and then another defender joins him in stopping the opponent.  Only in the old days when the Blazers ran their zone defense did the entire defensive team camp out in Shaq's grill.  Therefore (writing slowly now) Yao and Maurice were the initial defenders and then one (or more) defenders join the initial defender making it a double-team.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2004, 01:30:42 PM »

What you got out the ruler?
Paul

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 01:31:46 PM »

What you got out the ruler?
I use a tape measure -- and not to prove that I'm white.