Author Topic: This is starting to get silly...New Kobe trade rumors  (Read 5930 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: This is starting to get silly...New Kobe trade rumors
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2007, 04:36:35 PM »

Once Odom comes back, I can see a much better finish for the Lakers this season, and in as few as two years from now, when the Dallas, the Spurs, and the Suns start to fade, the Lakers will be right back on top.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2007/10/jeff_mcdonald_d_1.html
Dream on.

Hardly what I would refer to as a "dream" scenario. I personally would not mind to see Duncan prove to be just like Kareem, but after observing the Lakers so far this season, the potential for success based on the improvement of the younger players would seem to indicate their resucitation in now in progress.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »
I'm not dissing SuperByns and companies potential at all.

But the Real MVP Timmy Duncan and Kobe are essentially the same age in NBA mileage.

So if you're thinking Kobe will still be going stong in 2010 and beyond, no reason to think Dunkar won't also.
Parkers only 25, SuperGnob 30 but i like the addition of Ime and so far this Washington kid looks great as a pg backup.  If Barrdog and Finley can keep bringing productive minutes this helps GNob and Bowen limit minutes until the playoffs.
Frankie Elson looks better and we shall see what happens in this contract year.

Agree they will have to retool Finley-Bowen and maybe more for 2010 +.
But just as Shraq did and would have continued to attract value FAs looking for a ring, Duncan will no doubt continue to do the same thing ie Finley. 

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »
I think they've already re-tooled for Bowen with Ime Udoka.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2007, 10:33:23 PM »
My opinion is based on TV apearances and attendace figures when the Lakers are playing away and at home.

It's my contention that the Lakers are watched around the country because they have Kobe. Attendance in LA, I can't speak to.

I didn't say they're done as a franchise, simply that the future doesn't look too bright at the moment.  If JoMal is right and they turn out to be a decent team this year- and the Lakers are competitive on the court with Kobe, he may very well stay in LA.

At this point, IMO, it's all about winning and contending for titles for Kobe. He's less attached to who and more attached to the possibilities.  He can't get any endorsement deals until he gets another title to wash away the dirt.