Author Topic: This is starting to get silly...New Kobe trade rumors  (Read 5909 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
This is starting to get silly...New Kobe trade rumors
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:47:02 AM »
So the OC Register, known for NEVER having the right story when it comes to 'rumors', has said that the Lakers want Ben Wallace, Nocconi (sp), Kirk Heinrich, and maybe a first round draft pick for Kobe since Deng is 'untouchable'.  Problem is that Nocconi cannot be traded until Dec 15th.

Honestly...these are almost starting to make me laugh.  One because I think its funny to hear people talk like the Bulls will gut an entire team they've worked really hard to put together for one player.  Two because I don't the sports writers are even bother to check if this trade works.  Its like some random kid just walks up and says 'The Heat are trading Wade, Shaq, Zo, and Pat Riley for Kobe' then they print it. 

Few reasons why this doesn't work...if the Lakers picked up Kirk Heinrich that would give them 6 players who play the PG spot.  Fisher, Farmar, Jarvis, the asian guy (forget his name now), Sasha, and then Kirk Heinrich.  Second I believe the salary does not match up either now that Ben Wallace has a bigger contract. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: This is starting to get silly...New Kobe trade rumors
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 12:18:14 PM »
Yun Sue
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 03:01:58 PM »
15 BenWa
11 Heimlich
8.5 Nocioni

Kobester

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 03:24:15 PM »
15 BenWa
11 Heimlich
8.5 Nocioni

Kobester

Kwame's contract has always been a salary filler when it comes to trades.  I'm sure there is salary the Lakers could throw in to make it work.  Don't know about all the trade rumors but the Bulls are always mentioned first.  That probably means at trade with the Bulls will NEVER happen in regards to Kobe.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »
Kwame's contract has always been a salary filler when it comes to trades.  I'm sure there is salary the Lakers could throw in to make it work.  Don't know about all the trade rumors but the Bulls are always mentioned first.  That probably means at trade with the Bulls will NEVER happen in regards to Kobe.
Kobe n Kwame n Deng.  Sounds like the .500 Dynasty would continue.
Like Skandery said, it's bogus and an affront the OC media clowns even print it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:40:53 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 06:35:59 PM »
Like Skandery said,

???
Skandery?  Stop twisting in your panties, everyone on this boards knows how Mo Molone handled his thang on the court!  Pallets of green, white and dark green jamba juice heading your way, use it to douse the fires in SD!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 12:36:47 PM »
Kobe n Kwame n Deng.  Sounds like the .500 Dynasty would continue.
Like Skandery said, it's bogus and an affront the OC media clowns even print it.

Did you just mix me up with Skandery?!?!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 06:22:28 PM »
yes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 10:59:23 PM »
"Sources told Bucher on Wednesday that the Lakers had been in talks this week with the Chicago Bulls and Sacramento Kings about a possible three-way deal. The Lakers would have acquired Ron Artest and Ben Wallace. The Kings would have gotten Ben Gordon and P.J. Brown. And Bryant would have landed in Chicago.
That deal is apparently now dead." -espn.

Who killed that one?  Certainly not the Lakers.  Wouldn't think the Kings would miss RonDawg for Ben Gordon and PJ.  Nor would Rondawgs dogs miss him.
Bryant himself I'll bet.

And Dallas now officially out says Cuban.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 12:59:09 AM »
"Sources told Bucher on Wednesday that the Lakers had been in talks this week with the Chicago Bulls and Sacramento Kings about a possible three-way deal. The Lakers would have acquired Ron Artest and Ben Wallace. The Kings would have gotten Ben Gordon and P.J. Brown. And Bryant would have landed in Chicago.
That deal is apparently now dead." -espn.

Who killed that one?  Certainly not the Lakers.  Wouldn't think the Kings would miss RonDawg for Ben Gordon and PJ.  Nor would Rondawgs dogs miss him.
Bryant himself I'll bet.

And Dallas now officially out says Cuban.

Nope, not Kobe, they only trade kill Kobe put on a Bulls deal is Deng.  Kobe wants to play with Deng, he does not want Deng in LA if he is going to Chicago.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 05:59:52 AM »
Nope, not Kobe, they only trade kill Kobe put on a Bulls deal is Deng.  Kobe wants to play with Deng, he does not want Deng in LA if he is going to Chicago.
  True in other trade deals, but i dont think Deng was a part of this Chi one.  Why would his name be left out?  Anywho, with Buss allowing Kobe to sign the NBAs only no trade clause this Days of Our Kobe soap opera is going on for a while.  Now not only do minimum of two teams need to agree, Kobester, full well knowing he holds the power to veto will do so if the team he is headed towards is not a contender.  But all you Lakers, said Kobe just could not have been traded in 2003-4 midseason, prior to his new contract with the no trade clause.  Except for good ole Rolando Blackman, that is.

Sow, reap.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 08:52:45 AM »
Now not only do minimum of two teams need to agree, Kobester, full well knowing he holds the power to veto will do so if the team he is headed towards is not a contender.

That isn't even the big unique item in his contract.  I heard on TV that Kobe has the option to take upto 70% of his entire yearly pay up front, something like one month into the season.

But all you Lakers, said Kobe just could not have been traded in 2003-4 midseason, prior to his new contract with the no trade clause.  Except for good ole Rolando Blackman, that is.

Sow, reap.

That is just as true now as it was back then.  Why is it so hard for people, or just you, to understand that Kobe's contract would only guarantee ONE year of play with his old contract.  Why would any team, other than one with you as the GM, trade away the talent needed to land a Kobe Bryant with the risk of Kobe leaving after only ONE season?  Why would ANY team trade for Kobe if he could opt out after ONE season?  The appeal of a Kobe trade was not an expiring contract.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »
During the Kings game last night, they mentioned a rumored trade that was a "done deal" about a week or two ago, then thirty minutes later was so much dust.

It would have sent Ben Gordon to Sacramento, Kobe to the Bulls, and Ron Artest to the Lakers.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »
Now not only do minimum of two teams need to agree, Kobester, full well knowing he holds the power to veto will do so if the team he is headed towards is not a contender.

That isn't even the big unique item in his contract.  I heard on TV that Kobe has the option to take upto 70% of his entire yearly pay up front, something like one month into the season.

But all you Lakers, said Kobe just could not have been traded in 2003-4 midseason, prior to his new contract with the no trade clause.  Except for good ole Rolando Blackman, that is.

Sow, reap.

That is just as true now as it was back then.  Why is it so hard for people, or just you, to understand that Kobe's contract would only guarantee ONE year of play with his old contract.  Why would any team, other than one with you as the GM, trade away the talent needed to land a Kobe Bryant with the risk of Kobe leaving after only ONE season?  Why would ANY team trade for Kobe if he could opt out after ONE season?  The appeal of a Kobe trade was not an expiring contract.
Wow that 70% salary at the start of the year must affect his being traded more then the NBAs only no trade clause.

Kobe can opt out after the 2008-9 season.  This season is 2007-8, the following is 2008-9. 
Using Non Laker Math, that is TWO seasons.

As to his being traded in midseason 2003-4, a sign n trade could have been demanded by any would-be Kobe courters. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 01:04:52 PM »

That isn't even the big unique item in his contract.  I heard on TV that Kobe has the option to take upto 70% of his entire yearly pay up front, something like one month into the season.

Sow, reap.

Wow that 70% salary at the start of the year must affect his being traded more then the NBAs only no trade clause.

Kobe can opt out after the 2008-9 season.  This season is 2007-8, the following is 2008-9. 
Using Non Laker Math, that is TWO seasons.

As to his being traded in midseason 2003-4, a sign n trade could have been demanded by any would-be Kobe courters. 

Every 2 months we explain this to you Reality.  It's getting tired.  You are not right about the situation.  We've explained why MANY times.