Poll

Who will win in the USC Texas game?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Off Topic - USC vs. Texas  (Read 2316 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Off Topic - USC vs. Texas
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 04:22:16 PM »
USC over Texas in a close one, maybe something like 31 to 27.

As for Penn State playing USC, that game probably would be much closer then Randy would like, and the distinct likelihood of Penn State winning is justifiable because Joe Papa has a way of neutralizing Heisman Trophy winners. USC found that out back in Marcus Allen's day, and he wasn't the only Heisman winner who had a sucky game against Paterno's Nitany Lions.  

That PSU/FSU Orange Bowl was a hard one on the offenses. Players were getting hurt right and left, attesting to the hitting going on, with Penn State losing its starting running backs. I would hope that PSU's freshman kicker got some big game experience going into his next three years there, because he was having a hard time finishing his kicks, though the one he missed at the end of regulation looked to be the fault of the center, with the holder not quite getting the ball upright before the kick came.

BTW, FSU's Indian war chant sucks!! It I were in that band, playing that monotonous tune over and over again, they would have to commit me by the end of the season. Same goes with its use by the Braves baseball team.

Hope Posluszny is okay. Kid looks to be a terrific LB. He is being compared to Jack Ham, and he looks to be that good.

Hawk at OSU also. I like linebackers.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."