Poll

Who will win in the USC Texas game?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Off Topic - USC vs. Texas  (Read 2318 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off Topic - USC vs. Texas
« on: January 03, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »
I say USC by at least 2 touchdowns.  They just have to many weapons.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:22:07 PM »
Sorry Zig, Texas is gonna win this one.  Vince Young is the man.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 12:25:01 PM »
:rolleyes:

Right........

Did someone forget to mention that Texas is 30th in the nation against the run and USC just happens to have the best running back in all of college football on their team?!?

Oh ya and lets also add in the fact that Mr. Young felt the need to talk slick about Bush during the Heisman voting!

USC is going to dominate.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 12:35:13 PM »
Why is there even a "Texas wins" choice?  Does USC even have to show up to win the game?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 02:48:10 PM »
The only thing Vince Young is going to prove on the field is that Reggie Bush deserved the Heisman Trophy, USC in a walk.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 04:10:51 PM »
:D nope...sory guys, It's gonna be Texas. :D  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 05:01:51 PM »
Quote from: westkoast,Jan 3 2006, 12:25 PM
Quote from: SPURSX3,Jan 3 2006, 12:22 PM
Sorry Zig, Texas is
Did someone forget to mention that Texas is 30th in the nation against the run and USC just happens to have the best running back in all of college football on their team?!?

Yeah, and Lendale White is no slouch either.  

Agreed.  SC wins.  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »
OK SpursX3, you picked Texas by more than 20.  Now do you really mean that?  USC has Lendale White, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, and 2 excellent receivers, and oodles of depth. They have averaged over 40 points a game, against much better competition than Texas.  If is safe to say USC will score 35 points AT A MINIMUM.  For them to lose by more than 20 then USC will have to allow Texas to score more than 56 points.  If you really believe that will happen, then you have completely lost touch with reality.

Texas can beat USC, maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10, but they would struggle to beat them by more than 10.  USC has too many weapons to not score 28-35 points, and potentially 42-45.  For them to lose by 20 they would have to give up a minimum of 48 points and that just flat won't happen.

Vince Young is a fabulously talented player, easily one of the best college players this decade.  USC has at least 3 offensive players just as good if not better.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 08:31:30 PM »
Props for your loyalty X3, even if it is wholey out of touch with the reality of whom they face tomorrow. I hope for an exciting competitive game, I doubt I will get one.
Dan

rickortreat

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »
USC wins hands down.

Too bad they didn't get to play Penn State.  That would have been a better game.  The whole reason Joe Pa and the team joined the Big Ten was so they could play in the Rose Bowl for a championship.

Texas got the nod because Penn State lost a game to Michigan, where they got ripped off by the officials who allowed a play to go off with one second left on the clock in order to win the game.

So you can all thank Michigan for the lousy game you'll see when these two teams meet.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 01:34:35 AM »
SCs escape job vs Notre Dame with Reggie Bush cheating and pushing Leinhart across the goal, combined with Arizona and Fresno States having late 4th offensive meltdowns hardly makes USCs defense unbeatable.

But USCs O seems to always be able to flip the switch on in the 2nd half when trailing.

Havent seen enough of Texas.  Maybe Bush will attack USC to seal the deal.

Did any of you see the Nebraska-Mich ending?  Cal-Stanford all over again.  How was it not a foul on Neb for having 3/4ths of their team walk on the field during the final play.  Looked like some Michigans also walked on.  Did they?

Also the UCLA-Northwestern game.  Two onside kick recoveries for scores.  In a row.  By the same guy.  Unreal.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 09:49:03 AM »
Unfortunately I believe USC will win....but not by 20.  Not even by 10.  IMO it will be a shootout but neither team will blow out the other.

So all you raincoats...er Trojans...out there who are willing to give 20+ points I'll take it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 09:49:20 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 10:29:36 AM »
Well I will head over to Hooters after work to start the victory celebration early....and if it does turn out that do we lose...well atleast I will be at hooters enjoyings the boo...er, I mean wings.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »
USC wins hands down.

Too bad they didn't get to play Penn State.  That would have been a better game.  The whole reason Joe Pa and the team joined the Big Ten was so they could play in the Rose Bowl for a championship.

Texas got the nod because Penn State lost a game to Michigan, where they got ripped off by the officials who allowed a play to go off with one second left on the clock in order to win the game.

So you can all thank Michigan for the lousy game you'll see when these two teams meet.
Rick,

You are SUCH a HOMER!  Penn State is going to beat USC -- Penn State had a tough enough time beating #22 Florida State (it took them triple overtime to do it) -- by a FG, I believe!

Please, Penn State couldn't hang with USC OR Texas!

jn

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 03:28:57 PM »
USC, Penn State, FSU and Texas are the four teams I have enjoyed watching the most through the years, for various reasons.

Anyway you have to go with USC because of their experience the last two years.  Texas is a fine team but the experience factor will make all the difference, IMHO.

Randy in defense of Penn State, they lost their starting backfield at the beggining of the game and their best defender (the middle linebacker) in the fourth quarter.   Also I don't care what the rankings say.  No way is a Bobby Bowden team the 22nd best in the nation. Not this year, not ever.

Still it's great that what are clearly the two best teams in the nation will get to slug it out.  

One other thing I have to add is I agree that as good as USC is, they are being overrated, historically speaking, because of the last two years.  As one writer observed, people are turning into "Da Bears" fans of Saturday Night Live fame.  You know, the ones that predict a team of mini-Ditkas would beat the Giants by 20 points.  USC 2005 is being touted as the greatest team ever even though they probaly aren't even as good as USC 2004.   :unsure: