Author Topic: Garnett for MVP?  (Read 4389 times)

jn

Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2004, 01:59:41 PM »
What? You were joking 101? I'll just unload my gun and cancel the trip to Texas then.  ;)  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2004, 02:02:54 PM »
You know that is really the point 101, teams with the experience that LA and SA have in many ways negates home court. To be fair, that same experience applies to Sacramento and even to a lesser degree Minnesota and Dallas, they at least have early round experience, it is amazing how the pressure increases past the first round, something the Wolves should find out this year. I agree, Dallas is not going anywhere, second round and out.

Western Conference Finals contenders really are LA, Minnesota, and Sacramento. In the end, LA, if healthy, just has too much experience and if they face the Kings, should have enough defense and a more than ample offense over a 7 game series. I'm sorry to tell you "real" Spurs fans, but this isn't your year, one hit wonders once again boys.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 02:03:39 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2004, 02:11:30 PM »
I disagree, the top Western Conference teams are just a few games away from each other, none of the teams are just dominating each other, it's anybodies ball game. When it comes to playoff time, if Tim Duncan is healthy, Spurs will be in the hunt.  We have Horry on our side. If the game is close, and if its late...BEWARE Laker fans.  

LA did him wrong, and he's OUT FOR BLOOD!
Paul

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2004, 02:47:50 PM »
I agree, KG for president, I mean MVP -- Jesse Ventura is a much better candidate for president.  KG has been incredible this season -- far more consistent than TD.  TD is a phenomenal player but he has lacked consistency this season (see beginning of the season) and he has also not been as healthy as KG.  KG does it all on the court -- and while I would still pick TD to build a team around, KG has had the better year, IMO.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2004, 03:15:10 PM »
And people say Laker fans are delusional!!

I appreciate your loyalty to your team X3, you and the other "real" Spurs fans on this board make it worthwhile to post here. I will say however, that I unequivocally take the stand that NO WAY does San Antonio catches Minnesota. Heck, they will be doing good to stay ahead of Dallas. I am fully prepared to feast on crow should I be wrong, but I am not wrong.

Oh and BTW, I take that same stance with Sacramento and LA, NO WAY LA catches the Kings.
yeah whatever Dan, should KG happen to my My...err i mean some pintos front bumper...than i would say it is possible for sa to catch up...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2004, 03:28:36 PM »
I disagree, the top Western Conference teams are just a few games away from each other, none of the teams are just dominating each other, it's anybodies ball game. When it comes to playoff time, if Tim Duncan is healthy, Spurs will be in the hunt.  We have Horry on our side. If the game is close, and if its late...BEWARE Laker fans.  

LA did him wrong, and he's OUT FOR BLOOD!
As of right now it still is anybody's championship to win......if you are a western confrence team  :D

The Lakers and Spurs are the only teams who have the expierence of finishing off the season with a championship in the last 5 years.  The Wolves and the Kings are just plain on fire and that kind of momentum is the 2nd most important thing going into the playoffs next to expierence.  The Kings have everyone beat on the offensive end, no doubt about that.  Only problem is that other 3 contenders have better defense which should give them an advantage in the playoffs.......UNLESS!! No one has an answer for the Kings offense.  Which is very possible.  Unlike the Mavs who shoot alot of jump shots the Kings have a post player and get alot of points in the paint from interior passing......so to say that they wont win because their defense is not as strong as the spurs/lakers/wolves could cause someone to eat crow.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2004, 03:40:54 PM »
Last year after game 1 of the Lakers/ Spurs I bet on the Kings to win it.  After game 1 of the Kings/Mavs I bet more on the Kings to win it all.  Last year was their year but then Webber went down.  This year is a bit different.  I think the healthy Lakers are in the team to beat with the Kings being the biggest challange followed by the Wolves.  My other concern is facing the Mavs, they are an unkown in regards to a Lakers playoff match up.  I know what to expect from the Kings/Spurs and have a pretty good idea about the Wolves, but IMO the Mavs are the most dangerous match up for the Lakers, there could be blowouts in either direction and that's not good IMO.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Reality

Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2004, 03:48:52 PM »
I don't see all this "KG is playing so much better" because i thought he played fantastically last year.  For that matter the last 4 years.  The addition of not just Spree but also Cassell and very possibly Candy from here on out makes KG "better" because he doesnt have to do it all like before.

KG for MVP fine with me.