Author Topic: Garnett for MVP?  (Read 4390 times)

Guest_westkoast

Garnett for MVP?
« on: March 04, 2004, 09:42:03 PM »
I really believe that Garnett is the front runner for MVP this year.  Not only because his team is doing so well but because he has improved an aspect of his game that people have been talking ish on him for.  His defense.  He improves his defense and it makes the team defense much much better than the previous years.  Which is why they have been winning games by large margins.  Personally, I believe he should win the MVP award.

Agree?  Disagree?

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 10:26:10 PM »
Agree without reservations.  He deserves it.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 11:10:41 AM »
I think Garnett is the MVP this season.  I will say though that if by some freak chance the wolves drop and the spurs win the midwest, the MVP will go to Timmy again.  I dont see that happenning though so my guess is KG will finally get his due..
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 11:16:32 AM »
I think Garnett is the MVP this season.  I will say though that if by some freak chance the wolves drop and the spurs win the midwest, the MVP will go to Timmy again.  I dont see that happenning though so my guess is KG will finally get his due..
Im sorry but there is no way in hell Tim Duncan deserves the MVP this year.  Yes he is putting up good numbers.....like always.  Yes he is the most important player on his team by far.  HOWEVER, The improvement of Garnett's play and his defense (along side spree) this team went from 'Not in a million years' to 'Top contenders'
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 11:19:51 AM »
I think he is a lock for it and deservedly so.  Top 5 in scoring, leading in rebounds, his block numbers are up, great shooting percentage, stifling defense, and perhaps the best passing forward in the game.    

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 11:26:02 AM »
I think Garnett is the MVP this season.  I will say though that if by some freak chance the wolves drop and the spurs win the midwest, the MVP will go to Timmy again.  I dont see that happenning though so my guess is KG will finally get his due..
Im sorry but there is no way in hell Tim Duncan deserves the MVP this year.  Yes he is putting up good numbers.....like always.  Yes he is the most important player on his team by far.  HOWEVER, The improvement of Garnett's play and his defense (along side spree) this team went from 'Not in a million years' to 'Top contenders'
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, if tim can get his team to a better record, by far TIM is the most valuable player to his team.  remember the wolves had better summer pick ups.  again i dont see it happenning, and i do think KG is overdo, but i wouldnt be surprised to see tim get it again if - again - by some freak chance the spurs got a better record by year end.  seegin how it wont happen, i dont see a need to really debate it, its just my opinion.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 11:32:25 AM »
It should go to Peja.
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 11:36:35 AM »
It should go to Peja.
I was thinking Isaih Thomas...he was a player right..

jn

Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 11:40:19 AM »
PEJA????????

Sir!  I am INSULTED!!  Hell why don't we just go retroactively strip some of those MVP's from MJ and give them to Reggie Miller because he was such a great shooter? Peja has been great this year but no way, no how, uh uh, is he MVP.  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 01:29:03 PM »
To me this is a non-issue, the best teams throughout the season thus far are Sacramento and Minnesota. Sacramento has no one star responsible for their success like Minnesota does in Garnett, Sacramento is the sum of its parts as opposed to Minnesota who, while having the luxury of Spreewell and Cassell, would not be remotely the team they are this year without Garnett. Duncan should not even be mentioned in the same breath this year, especially since San Antonio simply ain't all that, everybody has been able to beat them this year. Garnett has improved in virtually every category, especially defense and, as if it was even possible, his intensity is up. Anything less than unanimous choice for MVP for Garnett is a travesty.

And BTW X3, I know you said it was unlikely, but to even suggest the Spurs might be able to catch the Wolves is laughable, it ain't happenin bro', anymore than LA is going to catch Sacramento.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 01:37:35 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 01:36:05 PM »
To me this is a non-issue, the best teams throught eh season thus far are Sacramento and Minnesota. Sacramento has no one star responsible for their success like Minnesota does in Garnett, Sacramento is the sum of its parts as opposed to Minnesota who, while having the luxury of Spreewell and Cassell, would not be remotely the team they are this year without Garnett. Duncan should not even be mentioned in the same breath this year, especially since San Antonio simply ain't all that, everybody has been able to beat them this year. Garnett has improved in virtually every category, especially defense and, as if it was even possible, his intensity is up. Anything less than unanimous choice for MVP for Garnett is a travesty.

And BTW X3, I know you said it was unlikely, but to even suggest the Spurs might be able to catch the Wolves is laughable, it ain't happenin bro', anymore than LA is going to catch Sacramento.
never say never dan, there are enough games left to catch them if something happens to them, you just never know..

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 01:40:54 PM »
Yes JN, Peja is THE BEST CENTER IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW[/size], and if YOUR IGNORANT ENOUGH TO NOT SEE THAT, then you absolutely have NO KNOWLEDGE of the NBA!

Peja for MVP. He DOMINATES SHAQ!
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 01:42:02 PM »
:lol: just kiddin, I knew me saying that would get a rise out of ya. :lol:

KG is the REAL MVP...for the regular season. We'll see how the playoffs go. Honestly, if Tim were offered it, I think he would hand it right over the KG. He's that type of guy.  
Paul

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 01:44:12 PM »
And people say Laker fans are delusional!!

I appreciate your loyalty to your team X3, you and the other "real" Spurs fans on this board make it worthwhile to post here. I will say however, that I unequivocally take the stand that NO WAY does San Antonio catches Minnesota. Heck, they will be doing good to stay ahead of Dallas. I am fully prepared to feast on crow should I be wrong, but I am not wrong.

Oh and BTW, I take that same stance with Sacramento and LA, NO WAY LA catches the Kings.
Dan

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Garnett for MVP?
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 01:50:13 PM »
never say never dan, there are enough games left to catch them if something happens to them, you just never know..

Laker fans are right, NOT GONNA HAPPEN. And it dosen't matter if it does. Spurs are an excellent road team, and you can't discount the Lakers or the Spurs once the playoffs roll.  Experience and heart counts for alot, and typically, jump shooting teams go cold in the playoffs.  SAC or DALLAS won't be in the finals this year.  PERIOD.
Paul