Author Topic: Anyone know anything about the Russian . . .  (Read 1070 times)

Guest_Randy

Anyone know anything about the Russian . . .
« on: June 24, 2004, 01:21:02 PM »
7'5" guy?  Is he considered in the first round simply because of he is tall?  It looks as if the Mavs are adding the #5 pick to the draft -- I'm not sure that's much of a selling point because it doesn't look like there's a lot out there after #1 and #2.

It's me SPURSX3

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 01:30:19 PM »
nope, but did you see ESPN page 2??  Chemizi Kudu [sp?] stands 7'11".....this guy could dwarf shaq and Yao!!!   if he goes i wonder if he would become the next Manute Bol [sp?]....

can somebody be TOO TALL for the NBA???

Me again...

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 01:33:28 PM »
nope, but did you see ESPN page 2??  Chemizi Kudu [sp?] stands 7'11".....this guy could dwarf shaq and Yao!!!   if he goes i wonder if he would become the next Manute Bol [sp?]....

can somebody be TOO TALL for the NBA???
and yes, its a funny read...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 01:52:51 PM »
7'5" guy?  Is he considered in the first round simply because of he is tall?  It looks as if the Mavs are adding the #5 pick to the draft -- I'm not sure that's much of a selling point because it doesn't look like there's a lot out there after #1 and #2.
Pavel Padels#%$%^.   He was considered a lottery pick last year but then pulled out after there was a medical problem with his pituary gland.  Still seems to be some questions regarding his development in the past year.  A gamble...not even as polished as Yao was coming into the league.  There is a 7 footer out of Puerto Rico that IMO is a better pick.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 02:28:06 PM »
7'5" guy?  Is he considered in the first round simply because of he is tall?  It looks as if the Mavs are adding the #5 pick to the draft -- I'm not sure that's much of a selling point because it doesn't look like there's a lot out there after #1 and #2.
Pavel Padels#%$%^.   He was considered a lottery pick last year but then pulled out after there was a medical problem with his pituary gland.  Still seems to be some questions regarding his development in the past year.  A gamble...not even as polished as Yao was coming into the league.  There is a 7 footer out of Puerto Rico that IMO is a better pick.
The Puerto Rican kid is getting mad hype in pre-draft camp.

He's very raw but he's allegedly solid on post offense but lacking on defense.  There is no 3 second rule in Puerto Rican basketball so his team defense to date is just standing under the basket.  He's got alot of learning but he's a juicy prospect.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 02:56:08 PM »
pavel actually has very developed skills, is athletic and mobile, and supposedly a good kid.

here's the problem.
1) potential health problems down the road.
2) more developed guard skills than big man skills.

you'll see him shooting 3's (and actually has the range), and trying crossover dribbles, but he has little clue what to do in the paint.  poor shotblocking instincts for a guy his size, not a great positional rebounder, lost on defense, and doesn't use his massive size (7'5" 300+lbs) to his adantage at all.

I think Ramos is a better prospect.  He has an array of post moves and is very athletic.  I think he could dominate, whereas I don't see pavel ever doing that.