Author Topic: Charlotte trades w/Clippers  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Charlotte trades w/Clippers
« on: June 22, 2004, 09:35:37 AM »
Charlotte traded their #4 & #33 draft picks along with promise to pick Drobnak in the expansion draft in exchange for Clippers #2 pick.  It appears that Charlotte will get Okafor or Howard whichever one the Magic pass on.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 10:31:57 AM »
Does this mean the Clips aren't interested in Mr. Kobe Bryant's services?
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 11:13:05 AM »
No, this actually frees up more cap space for the Clips.  They rid themselves of Drobnak's salary as well as have a lower 1st round guaranteed salary.

Latest news I read is that the Clips are interested in Mr. O'Neal.....offering Brand, Maggette and Ely/Wilcox for the Big Oaf.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 11:45:47 AM »
No, this actually frees up more cap space for the Clips.  They rid themselves of Drobnak's salary as well as have a lower 1st round guaranteed salary.

Latest news I read is that the Clips are interested in Mr. O'Neal.....offering Brand, Maggette and Ely/Wilcox for the Big Oaf.
good, i dont like the rumors of Shaq in big D....

if shaq were to go to dallas our division would be hands down the toughest division in the NBA.   although if shaq gets traded i cant imagine it not being without a MULTI team trade situation to move THAT MUCH salary, i would think the spurs might move on part of that trade some how to get tim some outside help...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 12:00:18 PM »

Lakers shoud jump at this in no time flat.  Brand's a 20/10 pf, maggette's an emerging star in this league who actually plays both ends of the court.  this is also a team I could see payton staying on, as a payton-kobe-maggette trio ignited by brand's shotblocking and rebounding could actually run the break.  payton-kobe-maggette-brand would be a helluva foursome to potentially contend for a title again next year.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 12:24:13 PM »
Then if on top of that Kobe were to join the Clippers. :rofl:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 12:28:14 PM »
Then if on top of that Kobe were to join the Clippers. :rofl:
reality.....kobe would NOT join the clippers if Oneal joined the clippers.  I think it is safe to say LA will keep Kobe this summer, LA gets traded for 3-4 good players (quality players that is)....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 01:25:17 PM »
reality.....kobe would NOT join the clippers if Oneal joined the clippers.  I think it is safe to say LA will keep Kobe this summer, LA gets traded for 3-4 good players (quality players that is)....
I dunno, Koast and WoW say they have spotted Kobes due out shoe line sporting Clippers colors....

That would turn LaLa Land and the NBA upside down.