Author Topic: OT: Some new Bush quotes  (Read 1631 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT: Some new Bush quotes
« on: June 19, 2004, 06:56:47 PM »
"It's not a dictatorship in Washington, but I tried to make it one in that instance. We are beginning to see some success in opening up federal coffers for faith-based programs."

"Justice was being delivered to a man who defied that gift from the Almighty to the people of Iraq."

“If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.”

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it,"

"There is no such thing necessarily in a dictatorial regime of iron-clad absolutely solid evidence. The evidence I had was the best possible evidence that he had a weapon."

“I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.”

“For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it.”

“Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment.”

“People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you.”

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 11:56:15 PM »
“People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you.”

I for one am not voting for someone who has yet to kick their coke habit.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 08:46:39 PM »
No wonder most of the world, not to mention a good percentage of US citizens, think the man is a moron. One has to wonder why a man of his age and stature has not learned to THINK before opening his mouth. Half the time he is actually stating the very opposite of what he meant to say.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 08:20:26 AM »
Will Bush be routed in the next election? What if he's elected?  :eek2:  Scary thought.  

What if John Kerry's elected? :eek2:

Both scary thoughts...
Paul

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 10:22:47 AM »
Folks,

Some of those statements make sense.  Others would make sense in certain contexts.  One looks to be a fumbled speech.  Some are just plain weird, or have a word misused, and therefore, I agree, look rather bad.  

Look, if you want to crucify the man for some stuff he's done, I'm with you...but for a few of these quotes?  That makes me question the motives of a few folks here.

I've got no problem with any fair criticism of any public official - even if I don't agree with it.  I think our Constitution gives us that right.  But while it is technically "free speech," I don't think that right was meant for us to misrepresent.

Some of those statements, in and of themselves, have no business being criticized.  If you want to criticize Bush's policies, I believe you have that right.  If you want to criticize his speaking ability based on a fumbled speech, that's fine, too.  But let's at least play fair.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!