Author Topic: Things Kobe would give up.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Things Kobe would give up.
« on: June 18, 2004, 01:00:25 PM »
Ted, I'd hoped you might start this, along with a Most Dominant Ever Achievments thread, but since you haven't, here goes.

If Kobadiah Springfield Bryant, the new MJ, was to decide not to sign or sign n trade with the Lakers and instead go to another team as a FA, it would mean less money for Kobme.  Since Kobme is worth around $200 mil, the difference between signing with the Lakers or going to another team as a FA could be as much as $14 vs $7 mil a year.  (I'm sure someone will correct me).  Even with those rough figures, Kobe could be having to get by on 207 mil instead of 214 mil next year.  But hey, Karl Malone went from earning around 100 mil or so in the last 10 years to squeaking by for a mere minimal last year.  So did the Glove.  So if Kobe was to similarly take less, what sacrifices would he have to make?
(All joking aside would it not be nice to see him play for less for a title on a non Laker team)

Instead of having 32 butlers he may only have 31?

Instead of flying in Dancin Barry from out of town to tuck him in 365 nights a year, only 360?

For continued public appearances and testimony, will give Vanessa a 2nd $3.6 million dollar ring instead of another 4 mil one, thus shaving [SIZE=14].4
off the price.

Oh the sacrifices would continue.....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:02:01 PM by Reality »

guest-koast

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 01:23:19 PM »
Things Reality would give up if he could get off the Lakers jock:

This board.

Darts because its no fun to throw darts if Shaq's face isnt on the board.

His secret Phil Jackson shrine.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 01:44:29 PM »
My dear Koast,

The Pistons indeed got the Lakers inner garmet completely removed.  Or rather rearranged backwards?  The table i sat at while watching the game included 4 Laker rooters, all of whom took the loss very well.  They loved having me there.
Including the song we broke out in the 3rd qtr.  I wont post it less you and others become defensive/offended.

It sounds as tho you are progressing in the eventuality of Phildo no longer being a part of your Triune Headed Lakerism.  Congratulations.

Can you now comment of what the thread is about and tell us what Kobe would give up?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 02:11:42 PM »
My dear Koast,

The Pistons indeed got the Lakers inner garmet completely removed.  Or rather rearranged backwards?  The table i sat at while watching the game included 4 Laker rooters, all of whom took the loss very well.  They loved having me there.
Including the song we broke out in the 3rd qtr.  I wont post it less you and others become defensive/offended.

It sounds as tho you are progressing in the eventuality of Phildo no longer being a part of your Triune Headed Lakerism.  Congratulations.

Can you now comment of what the thread is about and tell us what Kobe would give up?
How bout them Spurs?

I think the Lakers will have to give up title of "Fakers" to you pretty soon.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 02:20:23 PM »
WTF!  Wrong thread!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 02:21:00 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 05:31:07 PM »
My dear Koast,

The Pistons indeed got the Lakers inner garmet completely removed.  Or rather rearranged backwards?  The table i sat at while watching the game included 4 Laker rooters, all of whom took the loss very well.  They loved having me there.
Including the song we broke out in the 3rd qtr.  I wont post it less you and others become defensive/offended.

It sounds as tho you are progressing in the eventuality of Phildo no longer being a part of your Triune Headed Lakerism.  Congratulations.

Actually my shots at you are all out of fun...this loss hurt but it was nothing close to when I was a little guy watching the Bulls pick apart the Lakers with my Step dad.  I had made little posters out of color paper and everything...only to watch Jordan take them to school.  That one really hurt.  After watching how bad the Lakers were playing I believed they deserved to loose.  Any pro team that plays that bad deserves to loose IMO.  Like I always say ill be a Laker fan for life but im a basketball fan first.

Kobe would give up his private lake with seadoos and his wife.  Other than that I dont see a thing lol.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 05:34:02 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com