Author Topic: JN, what the hell is up with  (Read 1519 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
JN, what the hell is up with
« on: June 16, 2004, 01:34:59 PM »
I officially hate this guy.
Going into the draft I had this guy on my list of "go get him".
I missed him in the draft, so before the start of the season I trade Danny Graves for him straight up, and I figure I committed highway robbery.  So what happens?  Graves rolls off 25 saves in less than 3 months, and Santana has a 5.62 ERA, and a 1-4 record, getting rocked in just about every outing.
I have 6 guys on the DL, so I decide to ditch the worthless loser, and what happens?  He wins 2 of his next 3, fans 24 in 22 innings, and has a 6 to 1 k/bb ratio since he hits the road.  Of course some other scum bag picks him off waivers as soon as I drop him and he gets all the benefit.
What the hell is up with him?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 01:47:08 PM »
zig, cant help with the reliever you mention.

IRL are there any tidbits on what is being offered to KC for Carlos Beltran?

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 03:33:56 PM »
Here are a couple of links, Anaheim is first on one list, farther down the other.  Not many details though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=isca...v=tsn&type=lgns

Raul Mondesi, what a bust he has been.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jn

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »
ziggy, I didn't even realize he was struggling that much.  The only thing I have heard about him is that he has good stuff but tends to start giving up big innings later in games.  

PS: Did you notice that in the Wolves/Lakers game where the Shaq and Kobe both got in foul trouble was reffed by Ken Mauer, Joe Mauer's uncle and fellow St. Paul native?   ;)  

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 04:10:40 PM »
ziggy, I didn't even realize he was struggling that much.  The only thing I have heard about him is that he has good stuff but tends to start giving up big innings later in games.  

PS: Did you notice that in the Wolves/Lakers game where the Shaq and Kobe both got in foul trouble was reffed by Ken Mauer, Joe Mauer's uncle and fellow St. Paul native?   ;)
re : Ken Mauer
shhhh!!  Don't want Mychael Thompson to hear, it will just set him off again.

BTW his nephew is starting to come around.  I picked up Victor Martinez to replace him, and he is a virtual shoo in for ROTY unless Mauer gets it going.  Starting to get tough to choose who to play.

AA Mil