Author Topic: THANK YOU DETROIT FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!!  (Read 2143 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
THANK YOU DETROIT FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!!
« on: June 16, 2004, 07:10:55 AM »
TITLE!!!!!!!   :cheers:

I am sooo glad i was wrong about the lakers, seeing detroits defense beat LA was AWESOME!!!!  great job by the eastern conference team to overcome and pound the world wackest version of a dream team ever - biggest flop of a team that is - into submission!  great going motown.   Did anyone see the story how after the game four win the first call larry brown got was from greg popovich?  greg gave larry congrats on the win.  Larry B is using the defense first mentality that Popovich instills, reminds me of back in the day when they both coached together on the spurs and LB had a fresh david robinson, sean elliott, terry cummings, willie anderson and rod strickland......man those were the days!

:up:

ding dong the witch is dead....la la la, la la la...........lmfao!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 07:47:26 AM »
P.S................and the MAILMAN STILL CANT DELIVER!!!  LMAO!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 07:57:19 AM »
Hey X3!!!

Props to the Pistons and their 'athletic supporters' - they kicked boot on the LAL like nobody's 'bidness'.  In particular, 'Big Ben' put it on 'Our Heroes' - he put his offensive arsenal on display with an impressive assortment of jumpers, drives to the hoop, and jams that sealed the series with for the Pistons.  Let's face it, Lakers fans - without Kobe's game-winning 3, it would have been a sweep!

What can a "TrueLaker" say but "Dang - that hurt."  A season that began with so much hype and promise ends with a thud, and with many hanging questions to add to the miserable 'drama' that has pervaded the LAL this year.  Who is coming back next season?  Phil? Kobe? GP? At this point I don't even care who is returning, other than Shaq - the only Laker star that played even halfway decently in the Finals.

I will post something more constrcutive after the pain (definitely NOT the 'shock') has dissipated somewhat - right now, it's still too fresh.  Dang.

-RB
Shaq #1

P.S. - FYI X3, I watched the game all the way to the bitter end - even my wife, who normally enjoys kibitzing about the LAL asked me "Why are you watching this?"  I watched because this series was like a bad freeway accident...you want to drive by without looking, but the carnage is too great to be ignored.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 08:00:39 AM by RolandoBlackman »

EC prevails

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 08:10:36 AM »
Lakers should have learned from the talent-overladen Trailblazer teams that loading a team with talent does not necessarily spell CHAMPIONSHIP. It was good to see a team that paid more than lip service to teamwork and "played the right way" prevailed in the end. And I'm thrilled to see Larry Brown get his NBA championship.

:cheers:  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 08:51:45 AM »
P.S. - FYI X3, I watched the game all the way to the bitter end - even my wife, who normally enjoys kibitzing about the LAL asked me "Why are you watching this?" I watched because this series was like a bad freeway accident...you want to drive by without looking, but the carnage is too great to be ignored.

I was smarting from the Spurs loss this postseason, to watch that debacle unfold the way it did, I could only imagine that there is no solace with even beating the Spurs this year.  To go that far, to hear "were the Lakers, just because the Lake Show is in town, guess that means they won't roll over."  OMG, talk about TOO MUCH CONFIDENCE on that Laker squad! :eek2:

Humiliating defeat, Detroit looked fantastic. Sad to see LA just quit like that.

:cheers:

For the Lakers...what happens now? :huh:  
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 09:29:40 AM »
Oh, one last thing. Props to Derek Fisher for that wonderful interview after the game. He showed alot of class. :cheers:  
Paul

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 09:48:31 AM »
Oh, one last thing. Props to Derek Fisher for that wonderful interview after the game. He showed alot of class. :cheers:
Agree about Derek Fisher. With emotions running high in the locker room, I'm sure, it took a lot of courage for Fisher to face the press so soon after the loss.

rickortreat

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 10:42:50 AM »
So nice to see the Pistons come out on top, after no-one gave them a chance.  Surpirsingly they outclassed LA in every aspect of the game.  

Tough defense and agressive offence based on teamwork overcame a team with more talent and hype. Gotta love it.  Maybe the NBA isn't so bad after all.

Pistons are set for a few years, don't see them makeing any major changes until some team comes along and beats them consistently.

Think Shaq and Kobe will understand that their salaries are too high to allow the Lakers to compete?  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 11:01:07 AM »
So nice to see the Pistons come out on top, after no-one gave them a chance.  Surpirsingly they outclassed LA in every aspect of the game.  

Tough defense and agressive offence based on teamwork overcame a team with more talent and hype. Gotta love it.  Maybe the NBA isn't so bad after all.

Pistons are set for a few years, don't see them makeing any major changes until some team comes along and beats them consistently.

Think Shaq and Kobe will understand that their salaries are too high to allow the Lakers to compete?
i dont know about a pistons reign Rick, i still think SA could have beaten them, as could have minnie.  we had our problems with la, i think we would have had problems with minnie also, but matching up against detroit would have gone in our favro as well as minnie's in my opinion.  if LA is out of the picture next season, SA will be favored to reach the WCF, we'll see what happens then.   B)