Author Topic: Detroit administers whipping to Lakers.  (Read 1316 times)

Rickortreat

Detroit administers whipping to Lakers.
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:08:19 AM »
Props to Detroit for playing a great game last night, pressuring LA to the point where they got out of their normal rhythm.

Kobe can't get the ball?  Can't get the ball into Shaq? What a major breakdown by the Lakers!  I expected Detroit to win by making the other players work extra hard, but no way did I think the could keep the ball out of the hands of the two best players on the court!

:eek2:

Game 3 was a major breakdown by the Lakers, and while it isn't terminal, I no longer think the Lakers will win in 6.  They'll be lucky if they win it at all!

I already wrote that the margin for error with the Lakers was very slight and last night's game emphasizes that point more than anything I could write.

Detroit's confidence has to be very high as a result of this, and I'm sure the Brown won't let them get too overconfident.  Make no mistake- the Lakers have to win game 4 or they loose the series.  They cannot afford to be down 3-1 and have to win 3 straight against Detroit.

There was obvious dissapointment on Shaq's face and apparent frustration on Kobe's.  The rest of the Lakers have no answer for Detroit's hustle and agression.  It wasn't just Detroit's defense, but their ability to drive the lane against the slower Lakers that killed them.

I very much doubt that the Lakers team has it in them to overcome the problems Detroit's defense generates.  They're haveing problems executing on offense, and making a lot of errors, resulting in turnovers.  Give a team like Detroit turnovers and you get a result like you did last night- Detroit was in contol the whole way.  Anytime the Lakers got close, Brown made an adjustment, and pulled away again,

The more I think about it, the less likely I think it is the series will even get back to LA.  :nod:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 01:12:20 PM »
Lakers will play the role of "Dream Crusher" once again for the East Coast Pretenders.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 02:45:55 PM »
Keep thinking that WOW, you LA (I'm really a Clipper fan") bandwagoner. :crazy:  
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 02:49:13 PM »
I know it's hard for people from Texass to understand that you can do more than one thing at a time (i.e. chew gun and walk).  :nod:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 02:58:18 PM »
I know it's hard for people from Texass to understand that you can do more than one thing at a time (i.e. chew gun and walk).  :nod:
Being from the land of blond beach bunnies I can see how you might think that.  But hey just look at GW....oops, never mind.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 04:48:46 PM »
Personally, I don't see what's so difficult about multitasking, since all it takes is concentra...did you say "blond beach bunnies"?

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!